Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

People who were successful at shedding 50+ pounds

124»

Replies

• AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    It's taken me just over a year to lose 52 pounds. Still have about 30 to go, and I'm guessing that'll probably take another year.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Thank you for everyone who posted so far
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    I'm at about 19 months and 70 pounds. I strength train and have trouble keeping my thyroid levels adequate (hashi's) so I'm not a very fair comparison. No matter how long it takes, you just have to keep being persistent, consistent, and patient. :)
  • Tilda_P
    Tilda_P Posts: 30 Member
    I started at 323.2 and am now at 269.6 lbs, so about 53 lbs in 5 months. I am doing a ketogenic diet for my PCOS and insulin resistance and eating about 1,200-1,600 cal a day with a cheat once a week or every other week.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Down 69lbs since February 2 2014.Started with Juice cleanse for 7 days. Started eating healthier and daily exercise after that with a set daily calorie intake. No regrets.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    I took off 85lb. in roughly 14 months. Eating well, running, and working out at the gym 2-3x per week was what did it for me.
  • RatRaceOne
    RatRaceOne Posts: 20 Member
    As of June 22nd, it will have been 10 months.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Took me 6 months. Started mid Oct 2013, reached goal mid April.
  • Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    60 pounds lost in 7-7.5 months. Started in November 2013. (Started here in January I think)
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    67 pounds in about 11 months....now trying to figure out maintaining
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    7 1/2 - 8 months to lose 50, have lost a total of 85 so far with another 35-45 left to go. Ummm 61lbs lost since started using MFP in Oct 2013 and lost 24 before. (Well gain 10lbs back and than lost again during some point) I am thinking I will be at UGW/body recomp probably this time next year?
  • JenSBrown2015
    JenSBrown2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Ive lost 70 so far, getting close to my goal which is 18.5 lbs away, its taken me about 10.5 months so far
  • I started in Aug 2013, it's taken me about 10 months, and i've lost 52 pounds so far :drinker:
  • 54 pounds and a ton of inches since January 2013. So, about a year and a half. My ultimate loss is 94 lbs, and I am doing this slowly so it will stay off for life. My body bloats and gains easily, so I had to really make a lifestyle change. When I deviate from this change (like I have this past week), I feel the difference more than ever before, and it feels awful.
  • I've lost 50 lbs since October! I've done it the completely healthy way by getting AT LEAST 1000-1200 calories daily and working out. I feel so great, and I never have felt deprived. In fact, the elliptical earned by the best chocolate cupcake ever last night.
  • cass_wilson
    cass_wilson Posts: 31 Member
    I've lost just over 50 since September 2013. I've also been going super slow
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!