Favorite protein/nutrition bars?

Options
124»

Replies

• scratchdesk
    scratchdesk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    MusclePharm Combat Crunch bars are outstanding. I used to think Quest bars were the best until I got my hands on these. My favorites are the White Chocolate Raspberry and the Cinnamon Twist. Both far exceed the flavor or any quest bar I've had.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    They must have changed the formula for Pure Protein bars. I tried them 2 years ago and they were vile.

I don't think they did because I tried a few Pure Protein bars recently and I simply couldn't get over how bad they tasted. The 3 that I tried all had a bad aftertaste to them that even eating a mint couldn't get rid of. I'm sticking to Quest from now on. Never got one yet that had a bad aftertaste to them. That said, I do have to drink a lot of water when eating Quest bars due to the high fiber content in them.
  • imaphotographer
    imaphotographer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have had to cut out the more processed bars bc they dont make me feel well. But I love KIND (choco PB). I also love Tram Bars which can be found in health food stores. They are high in fat and calories but made of wholesome super stuff. I love them before a run.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Ive been on the quest wagon for over 2 years, but I'm really enjoying the combat crunch bars at the moment. Its been a nice change, but quest will always have a special place in my :heart:
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    i usually hate protein bars and bioprotein is not horrible
  • ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have 3 I like, depending on what my needs are for that day.. Larabars, Kind Bars, and Oatmega.

No one has mentioned Oatmega bars yet, but they're so good! Great ingredients, 190 kcal, 14 g protein, 7 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 7 g total fat and 21 g total carbs. They use grass-fed whey protein and you get the extra benefit of omega-3 fatty acids in there.. plus they taste amazing and there's a surprising variety of flavors! Anyone looking to try something new should check them out :)