It's sad..

Options
It is sad to me that people in these forums would respond to "hot or not" or "why did you dump the person above you" more than a subject title that actually wants some good advice like "needs new food ideas".. are we here to be healthy and lose/maintain weight or are we here to date.. i mean come on.. SMH at the world of MFP.

PS. what is sad, is that i know after i post this i will get more responses on this post, than one i posted where i asked a valid question.

SMH :ohwell:

Replies

• miss_phat_booty
    Options
    Well those posts are in the chit-chat, fun and games forums. Tons of topics get replies, I see them all the time myself. Also, if you don't get an answer to one of your questions, you could always use the search function. I utilize the search feature several times a day... there's tons of information in them.
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i didn't know there was a search function! Nice!, i still think its sad though lol
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    World hunger is sad. People having fun in the chit-chat section of an Internet forum is not.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You've been here since Jan 2012, you have a whopping 47 posts under your belt, and your post history shows you arguing with people and yelling at them in caps.

But please, do go on about how you think everyone else should act on the forums after setting such a stellar example of support for the rest of us.
  • LifeWithPie
    Options
    You've been here since Jan 2012, you have a whopping 47 posts under your belt, and your post history shows you arguing with people and yelling at them in caps.

But please, do go on about how you think everyone else should act on the forums after setting such a stellar example of support for the rest of us.

:drinker:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

1185146_o.gif
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options

*slow clap*
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hate when anonymous random strangers on the Internet fail to conform to my desires and expectations, too.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Why did you create two of the same topic?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1318819-need-new-foods
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1318777-just-looking-for-some-idea-s-to-spice-up-my-usualy-diet

A lot of your success comes from thread title, combined with reputation.
    It sounds like you're building a reputation that will work counter to your desire for assistance.

What you name your topic is HUGE to it's success...
    MFP threads are much like a toddler in a toy store... the most hits go to the shiniest titles...

titles that tend to succeed are those that are:
    - incendiary
    - mysterious
    - exciting
    - clearly informative
    - hinting at doom
    - fraught with bad grammar/spelling
    - imply gifs
    - imply rampant derptitude
    - scream sex

they succeed better than ones that are:
    - too long
    - self promoting
    - boring
    - self serving
    - sufficiently answered by self study, or within the first few posts

this thread fits the first set of criteria, your earlier thread(s) fit the second set of criteria
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    It helps to ask a valid question that can't be answered by 1.) the search function, 2.) Google, 3.) Common sense.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    It took people 2 minutes to start responding to your post, way to take a crap on them for actually taking the time out of their day to respond to you.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    On a serious note, I personally ignore "what should I buy" threads. I don't know what you eat, where you live, your preferences, your intolerances, what eating plan you're following, and I'm not going to stalk your diary to find out. Google. Read threads. Look at food blogs. there area so many better ways to get ideas than a vague, open ended request for a list on a forum, when you're likely to reject 90% of the ideas for suitability/accessibility/taste etc etc, as happens in 99% of these threads.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    It is sad to me that people in these forums would respond to "hot or not" or "why did you dump the person above you" more than a subject title that actually wants some good advice like "needs new food ideas".. are we here to be healthy and lose/maintain weight or are we here to date.. i mean come on.. SMH at the world of MFP.

PS. what is sad, is that i know after i post this i will get more responses on this post, than one i posted where i asked a valid question.

SMH :ohwell:

why is it sad that people are enjoying themselves?
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options

love!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    hello judgey mcjudgerton, it's nice to meet you.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I don't get it - you posted two threads that were the same. People answered one and not the other - you still got answers and got them relatively quickly too.

And some people only come here for the hot or not threads and banter of the chitchat forum - so what?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    1492i5l.gif

You know what's more sad than this post?

2uqjb5x.gif

This kitten
  • LifeWithPie
    Options
    1492i5l.gif

You know what's more sad than this post?

2uqjb5x.gif

This kitten

OMFG! That kitten! Squeeee!!!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    On a serious note, I personally ignore "what should I buy" threads. I don't know what you eat, where you live, your preferences, your intolerances, what eating plan you're following, and I'm not going to stalk your diary to find out. Google. Read threads. Look at food blogs. there area so many better ways to get ideas than a vague, open ended request for a list on a forum, when you're likely to reject 90% of the ideas for suitability/accessibility/taste etc etc, as happens in 99% of these threads.
    Stop with the rationale!