Juniors vs Ladies Sizing???

Options
2»

Replies

• KaitlynMaxwell1
    KaitlynMaxwell1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In juniors I'm usually between 00-1. 00s are the hardest to find, but yes! They do sell them (especially when the sizes run big). I have never been able to fit into a woman's size 0. I think I'd probably have to go up to more of a size 2 or 3 in juniors for that. It's not an exact science. It never is... But I can guarantee you that I swim in a woman's size 0. I have to go for the juniors. No other option for me... Part of being a petite midget I guess? lol (I like to joke I don't exist unless I can fit into at least a size 1 xD but even then I don't exist in the woman's section ._.)
  • mitchell197247
    mitchell197247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sizing goes like this 3/4(s), 5/6(s), 7/8(m), 9/10(m), 11/12(l), 13/14(l), 15/16(xl), 17/18(xl). Jr's are odd and misses are even.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to try on sizes from several different brands is to visit a good thrift store or consignment shop. I just went to one a couple of days ago and learned my size in eight different popular brands. For the most part, they were consistent, and there was a definite difference between misses and juniors sizes. In general, I found that a lot of juniors brands are similar, with bottoms that are slimmer in the hips than its sister-size misses and junior tops seem to run at least one size smaller than misses tops.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think depends on your body type. I'm usually a small in both tops (juniors a bit shorter) and an 8-10 in women's bottoms but an 11-13 depending on the brand of juniors :)
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have heard that juniors are the odd numbers, 1,3,5,7,9 and so on, and misses are the even numbers 0,2,4,6,8,10. And they make Junior sizes slimmer in the hips so this could be why the junior sizes don't fit quite the same.

VERY TRUE!!! Odd numbered sizes fit a not-so-curvy proportioned bodies(or teens) and even numbered sizes are fit for a woman's body.

I'm a woman and I fit better in juniors. Do I get to not be a woman because I'm not shaped right.... Lol
  • Runningforafew
    Runningforafew Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wear a 6 in misses and a 9 in juniors
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    All junior pants are high water's on me, so I finally bit the bullet and just stay out of the junior section so far as pants. Jr tops are a never, as I have bountiful bosom. I like the junior shorts in Walmart.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Odds for juniors and Even for ladies! I'm a 13 in juniors but a 12-14 in women!
    Hope that helped :)

This. Jeans I'm a size 4 women's, size 5 juniors usually.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Juniors are made for teenage girls with no hips. Women's clothing is designed for a curvier figure
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I truly wish there was a standardization of sizing in this country because I'm not a fan of spending a lot of time pulling size after size until I can find one that's right.

TIA. Or at least print the measurements on the tag along with the "size" so we don't need a measuring tape along. Agree on size inflation too. Me at 160 in 1987 = a snug 14. Me at 160 in 2012 = a baggy 10.
    Misses sizes
    The most common size category. For women of about average height (5'4") with an average bust height and an hourglass figure. Dress sizes may be given as girth at the bust in inches (e.g., 36), but even-numbered sizes from 2 to 16 are more common. Categorical sizes range from XS (extra-small) to XL (extra-large).

Junior sizes
    For short women with higher busts and fairly straight bodies. Junior sizes are commonly given as odd-numbered sizes from 1 to 15, which correspond to the next number up in misses' sizes.

Women's sizes or plus sizes
    For larger women of average height, sometimes with lower bust lines. Like misses' sizes, the sizes may be given as a dress size based on the bust measurement, but they are usually given as even-numbered sizes from 18 up. Categorical sizes usually range from 1X (similar to extra-large, but with slightly different proportions compared to the misses' size) up.

Misses petite
    For short women with average busts and more hourglass body shapes. Sizes follow the misses' standard and are marked with a P, as in 10P.

Junior petite
    For very short women with average busts and fairly straight bodies. Size may be denoted as "5JP" or as "5P".

Women's petite
    For larger, shorter women, sometimes with lower bust lines. Sizes are marked the same as women's with a P, as in 20P.

Young junior
    For short women with high busts and fairly straight bodies.

Tall sizes
    For taller women (usually 5'8" or above), usually with a proportionately average bust height and an hourglass figure. Sizes are usually written with the corresponding misses' size and a T to indicate tall, as in "10T".

Half sizes
    For short women with lower busts and more hourglass body shapes. Sizes are written with a ½, as in "10½".

I haven't seen half sizes since the 80s some time. My grandma bought them.

• Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Juniors jeans fit me better. Even junior plus sizes. I have no hips, and very little butt.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    women's jeans make me feel like a mom (which I am, but I am absolutely not looking for mom butt) I have tried on lots of brands thinking I could find a pair that didn't have this effect but not so far. Arizona jeans at JC Penny has started a curvy line so they are awesome. I am also almost 5'10 and have never found women's jeans that are long enough.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic. I typically buy misses clothing, but after reading some of these responses, I am wondering if I shouldn't try juniors for pants. I have a hard time finding pants that fit my butt/hips. I find some f the styles in that section a bit too young for my tastes, though...