Egg Free Low Carb Breakfast

Options
takkat
takkat Posts: 7 Member
Does anyone have any recipes for a low carb, egg-free breakfast? (also no bananas either) I am thinking of just eating dinner foods because I can't seem to get any ideas, I have way too many carbs in my breakfasts right now (a small smoothie and either cereal or toast). \However, when I look online all I can find is recipes for egg meals which I could not eat daily.

I've just started working out so I'm trying to go higher protein and lower carbs in the morning. For example my carbs were at 68g in this morning's breakfast.

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    There's no reason, unless medically diagnosed by a DOCTOR to go low carb.

For weight loss all that matters is you are in a CALORIC DEFICIT. Unless you're a bikini competitor with a upcoming show stop low carbing.

My breakfast this morning =

35g of Cellucor Cor Fetti-Cake Batter whey mixed into a jar with 40g of oatmeal with 1 cup almond milk (overnight oats) + 1 Splenda pack.

30 some carbs....and I eat over 250g of carbs per day. I just snack on stuff all day long and eat a massive dinner.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any recipes for a low carb, egg-free breakfast? (also no bananas either) I am thinking of just eating dinner foods because I can't seem to get any ideas, I have way too many carbs in my breakfasts right now (a small smoothie and either cereal or toast). \However, when I look online all I can find is recipes for egg meals which I could not eat daily.

I've just started working out so I'm trying to go higher protein and lower carbs in the morning. For example my carbs were at 68g in this morning's breakfast.

Carbs aren't the devil. Eat em. Enjoy em.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, but bacon has protein. So, my answer is BACON!

bbfbe4500233ba10bef18f813216f1c9.jpg
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    blend almond butter, ice, almond milk and low sugar protein powder to make a smoothie. can add some chocolate milk or berries or whatever you want really.
  • kaceyk84
    kaceyk84 Posts: 1
    Options
    My morning smoothie:
    Protein Powder- I use whey/soy mix, the one I use has 3g carbs
    2T Peanut Butter (skippy natural)
    1 packet truvia
    Ice cubes
    1/2c almond milk
    1/2 c water
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Deep fried butter in coconut oil, it's like bulletproof coffee but better
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    How low do you want to go? Greek yogurt with some berries and nuts would be higher protein and low-ish carbs.

But, I agree that simply moving away from traditional breakfast foods would be a solution. Nothing wrong with leftovers for breakfast.
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Not sure how low is low to you, but dannon light and fit vanilla greek yogurt (1 cup) with a handful of raspberries is 15 g carbs, 12 g sugar and 18 g protein. Pretty filling too.
  • takkat
    Options
    I don't actually eat a low carb diet, and I am pro carb (I could never give up breads and pastas, never! lol) , I certainly don't think they are the devil, I am just having a hard time keeping with in my range for carbs for the day. So if I can lower the carb intake at breakfast (recommended by nutritionists to start your day lower carbs and higher protein) , I could make my goals for the day. I'm out of balance on my intake of carbs vs protein and fats in a day. Just looking for idea to lower them at breakfast since I already take in so many with my morning smoothie and keep with in my percentage goals.
  • takkat
    Options
    Deep fried butter in coconut oil, it's like bulletproof coffee but better

ew. lol
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've just started having overnight oats and I love them!! Although there porridge oats are obviously carb heavy they aren't as bad as cereals and things. I like to balance them out with protein as I am insulin resistant and these work out great for me and keep me full for hours without setting off any cravings.

Todays was 252cal with 34g of carbs and 10g of protein. It was porridge oats, with greek yoghurt, half a grated apple, mini snack box of raisins and half spoon of cinnamon. Mix it all together and put in the fridge overnight.

Yesterdays was porridge oats, greek yoghurt, a little sweetener and a big handful of mixed frozen summer berries (which has thawed by the morning).

They are great and you can add anything to it. Protein powder, peanut butter, chocolate chips, all kinds of fruits, seeds and nuts.... one of my MFP friends posted loads of receipes for me.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I always have full-fat greek yoghurt with fruit (cooked apples or beetroot or various berries in season), and have a handful of muesli on the top but it's not that many carbs because it's not a whole bowl of cereal. Or obviously you could just leave out the muesli, or have nuts instead. The fat in the yoghurt keeps me full enough, and it's like having dessert for breakfast. :)
  • Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just had half of an avocado with three pieces of bacon for breakfast, lol. Probably not enough calories, but I was still full from yesterday's dinner with friends. 237 Cal, 6 carbs, 18 g fat, 14 g protein, 5 fiber (so if you're one of those people who only does net carbs, this was only 1 carb). Also, bacon - you can't really go wrong with bacon :)

Eating dinner foods for breakfast is totally acceptable, as long as you like to eat it for breakfast. Nobody said you HAVE to eat cereal or toast or eggs for breakfast and nothing else, but we do all often think that way.

I don't know what you have in your morning smoothie, but you could change it up to be lower carb. I put just a little bit of frozen berries and frozen bananas in there for flavor (~ 1/4 to 1/3 cup each), and then use frozen spinach, protein powder, almond butter, chia seeds, and coconut oil in there. As long as you melt the coconut oil and add it gradually, it doesn't get clumpy or gross, it just makes your smoothie taste like coconut. You could probably use coconut butter, too. I have a smoothie planned in my diary for dinner, and it is 587 cal, 25 g carbs, 49 g fat, 17 g carbs, 8 sugars, 12 g fiber. Very filling, sweet, and delicious.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    steak.

Best breakfast ever.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    What about a high protein and/or fiber english muffin (or sandwich thin or bagel thin...something like that) with just some lightly nuked ham (or bacon, or a pork or turkey sausage patty) and some melted cheese (I actually really like 2% cheddar or American, but no need if you've got room for fat grams)? Basically an Egg McMuffin without the egg, and you can tweak the ingredients to meet your tastes and goals.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    What about a high protein and/or fiber english muffin (or sandwich thin or bagel thin...something like that) with just some lightly nuked ham (or bacon, or a pork or turkey sausage patty) and some melted cheese (I actually really like 2% cheddar or American, but no need if you've got room for fat grams)? Basically an Egg McMuffin without the egg, and you can tweak the ingredients to meet your tastes and goals.

This is pretty much what I eat for breakfast every day. I have a frozen veggie burger (any kind) with a slice of cheese, some chipotle mayo/dijon mustard on a fiber one english muffin.

I have no idea how many carbs it is, because who cares. It has mad protein and ~295 calories.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Make one of those Perfect Bacon Bowls

www.buyperfectbacon.com

and fill it with sausage crumbles. Maybe a little cheese and hot sauce, too.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Smoked fish, like salmon or trout?

This mroning I had sort-of overnight oats. In that there weren't very many oats in it.

Half a tub of cottage cheese, half a tub of natural yoghurt. Mix in some dried apricots, flaxseed, and a good sprinkle of ginger. Add 2 tablespoons oats. Mix well and leave overnight in the frige.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    steak.

Best breakfast ever.

steak, coffee and bacon.
    Fixed it for you.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I eat a hashbrown pattie and 2 turkey sausage links for breakfast just about every day, and then I have 40g of cashews when I get to work. Its not really "low carb" but it is lower carb. Sometimes I have fruit but it lacks the staying power of protein.

I also cannot eat eggs or milk so I am limited in my food choices. I threw out the idea that some foods were breakfast foods a long time ago. I have been known to eat chicken wings or steak for breakfast with steamed broccoli for breakfast. Food is fuel. I eat what I need to and what I have available to meet the daily goals as closely as I can.