Restaurant or fast food meals that are lowish calorie?

Options
I am getting a lot better at eating at home, but sometimes a girl just wants to go out and pick something up. One of the items I enjoy is the Wendy's strawberry fields salad and it comes in at 550 cals for the large size. What are some of yours?

Replies

• Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's BLT, and Subway's BLT.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Pita Pit hummus wrap.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I am picky and not a big salad eater. I love Chipotle. I have been getting a bowl with brown rice, meat, salsa, little cheese and sour cream on side. The brown rice is very filling and you can stretch the bowl over two meals.
  • fit_rox
    fit_rox Posts: 83
    Options
    JJ's Turkey Tom Unwiche = 230 calories.
    McD's Southwest Salad, no Tortilla Chips, Sub Balsamic Dressing = 290 calories.
    Wendy's Chili (lg) = 310 calories.
    2x Taco bell Fresco Tacos = 300 calories.
    Chick Fil A Grilled Market Salad + Light Italian Dressing = 225 calories.
    Arby's Chopped Turkey Salad + Light Italian Dressing = 250 calories.
    Chipotle Salad (With Chicken, Black Beans, Pico, Fajita Veggies, Cheese) = 450 calories.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    If Wendy's is your thing I seriously recommend the chili. It is insane how few calories are in a large (270 calories) and it is extremely filling.

I have also been known to hit up Burger King for a Whopper junior with no mayo for only 230 calories. Hell, for that few amount of calories I might as well make it two of them bad boys! LOL!!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    99 Fit for You Balsamic Glazed Salmon
    99 Fit for You Seasoned Salmon
    99 Fit for You Mushroom Bleu Top Sirloin

All around 400 Cals.
  • JadeStarr2013
    Options
    A nice little selection! Thanks for any and all comments :)
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When i do eat fast food, i'll get a chicken quesadilla combo with a soft shell chicken taco from taco bell which is like 680 cals total. or i get a premium grilled chicken bacon wrap from mcdonalds which is 460. or 6" subway club on flatbread with american cheese, lettuce, tomato, lite mayo for 339
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Texas Roadhouse - 6 oz. sirloin and a double side of veg or veg and baked sweet potato
  • NancyKhuu
    NancyKhuu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If Wendy's is your thing I seriously recommend the chili. It is insane how few calories are in a large (270 calories) and it is extremely filling.

I have also been known to hit up Burger King for a Whopper junior with no mayo for only 230 calories. Hell, for that few amount of calories I might as well make it two of them bad boys! LOL!!!

Last time I checked Wendy's large chili was 340 calories :-o
  • JadeStarr2013
    Options
    Oooh I wish we had Texas Roadhouse where I was !! So delish!
  • Sobus76
    Options

https://www.wendys.com/redesign/wendys/pdf/en_US_nutrition.pdf
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options

The Wendy's website says 270 but that's going to be without toppings.

I've been pretty addicted to the Subway 6" steak (no cheese) sandwich on white with the guts of the bread scooped out and various veggies and a little mustard for approximately 290 calories.

Or very very very simplified grilled chicken salads at Burger King/Wendy's/The Habit/El Pollo Loco (altho they changed the lettuce and corn on me so I don't go there anymore) for about 200ish calories. I also bring my own dressing to cut down on the sodium and that runs 15 calories.
  • glassyo
    Options

Yes, it's 340, they change the numbers a lot at these places. https://www.wendys.com/redesign/wendys/pdf/en_US_nutrition.pdf

The 340 is the serving size! :smile:
  • the1bre
    the1bre Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anything Fresco style at Taco Bell.
    Blackened 3 tender combo with green beans and a baguette (in place of the biscuit) at Popeyes.
    Small chili and 4 piece spicy nugget from Wendy's.
    One Taco Kid's meal at Chipotle.
    Low cal menus at Outback, Applebee's, and Cracker Barrel (lol).
    Ham and Swiss sandwich (half bun) and potato cakes at Arby's.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-a: Grilled market salad, grilled chicken salad, grilled chicken nuggets
    Chipotle: Burrito or salad bowl
    Mexican restaurants: taco salads
    Bahama Breeze: Black bean burger, tropical fruit and grilled chicken salad ( sooooo good)
    Panera bread: you pic two

There are so many and I could go on and on, but honestly I only pick that stuff If I must stick to my goal. When I want fast food or restaurant food, I get what I want low calories or not.
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Wendy's salad the most. Small chili is filling if you can handle the sodium.
    KFC 2 piece meal with green beans and corn; get rid of the skin and don't eat the bisquit
    El Pollo Loco salads; no tortilla strips
    In-N-Out burger, protein style, extra mustard, extra pickles, half the sauce, no salt

throwing the top bun away on any burger is a great improvement anywhere else.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I can get in and out of Chipotle deliciously for under 500 calories. Salad with black beans, veggies, chicken, then ask for them to go light handed on corn salsa, hot salsa and sour cream. If I have another 50 calories to spare I'll swap out the beans and salad lettuce for rice (and if I had 200 more I'd have it all, haha).
  • Sobus76
    Options

Yes, it's 340, they change the numbers a lot at these places. https://www.wendys.com/redesign/wendys/pdf/en_US_nutrition.pdf

Glad your eyes are better then mine :)
  • glassyo
    Options

Glad your eyes are better then mine :)

AND I just saved some people 70 calories. I feel pretty damned good about myself right now! :laugh: