Things all women (and some men) need to hear!!

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    chicks are weird.

Everyone is weird.

sure, but dudes just keep quiet about it.

I find it hilarious that you don't think it makes you "weird" to say things like "chicks are weird".

educate me.

Why would I do that? You amuse me with your sexist drivel, please, continue on.

sexist drivel? Is this like white privilege?

you obviously missed that I was being sarcastic.

What were you being sarcastic about? That you think women are weird or that men are also weird, they just don't talk about it?
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    chicks are weird.

Everyone is weird.

I find it hilarious that you don't think it makes you "weird" to say things like "chicks are weird".

educate me.

Why would I do that? You amuse me with your sexist drivel, please, continue on.

sexist drivel? Is this like white privilege?

you obviously missed that I was being sarcastic.

What were you being sarcastic about? That you think women are weird or that men are also weird, they just don't talk about it?

yes to all of the above.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I am not reading all that.

I will read it to you in my sexy voice.
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options

omg you're objectifying yourself.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

omg you're objectifying yourself.

Clearly.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    chicks are weird.

Everyone is weird.

Yes. But keeping quiet about said weirdness isn't necessarily the better way to go about it. It's just the quieter way.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    there are all kinds of people with all kinds of "issues" .. with someone to advocate on their behalf... it's all about the great democracy that is the interweb. not ONE person can speak for all.. BUT all can speak with one voice... and I do NOT care what anyone says or writes.. inside EVERYONE packing a few extra (dozen) pounds.. within them is a smaller version of themselves waiting for a chance to get fit(ter) and healthier and more active... with a long wish list of things they would do.. if only they were fitter and healthier... so whle it may be noble to cast dispersions on the generality that modern media promotes unhealthy body image... it might also be said that it promotes a healthier fitter ideal for all.

I am all for healthy body image...; and the fact is some body types should be packing some extra weight... whether that extra weigh tis fat or muscle... is up to an individual...

I guess what I am saying is... healthy body image.. should be promoted... is glorifying overweight and obesity the same thing??? Probably NOT.
  • phantasmagical
    phantasmagical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Okay I gotta play devils advocate here because, well, it's Friday the 13th and there's a full moon tonight. As I agree completely with this post, I must also point out the contrary. It's posts like this in the media that make some people think it's okay and sometimes even better to be unhealthy. Now let me explain before the uproar happens. I'm not saying all fat people are unhealthy. There have been many proven cases where obese people are perfectly healthy. Contrary to that, there are many proven studies that show how being obese can directly cause health related issues. I'm also not saying that you shouldn't be secure with your body. The only point I'm trying to make is that blogs like these make some people, who would normally think that their not at a healthy weight, now all of a sudden think that they just shouldn't care to be at a healthy weight. I see the point with both points of view. Be okay with yourself and love yourself just the way you are but also strive to be a better you for you and no one else.

Ok...I don't disagree that there are things in the media that may make it easier for people to not feel as bad about being unhealthy, but can we agree that beautiful and healthy are two different concepts? Granted, healthy is often a component of what people find beautiful, but the post was about beauty, not health.

OP, thanks for sharing! This made my day.
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options
    chicks are weird.

Everyone is weird.

Yes. But keeping quiet about said weirdness isn't necessarily the better way to go about it. It's just the quieter way.

maybe, but it is less annoying and doesnt interrupt the play by play of the game on tv.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    chicks are weird.

Everyone is weird.

Oh you missed it, it was all sarcasm.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Use sarcasm quotes next time.

. . . Or sarcasm ellipses. . .
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options

why? its more fun when ppl get their panties in a bind over a an innocuous comment.
  • Menix8
    Options
    chicks are weird.

Everyone is weird.

maybe, but it is less annoying and doesnt interrupt the play by play of the game on tv.

Sometimes it's nice to be reminded that you're not the only weird one out there, or that there's weirder people out there. Case in point, all reality television.

And everything that gets in the way of the game is annoying. I don't care you spilled your beer on yourself again, if you block the screen one more time, you lose all drinking privileges for the rest of the game.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

11. Fat chicks bang hot guys... ALL. THE. TIME.

13. Wearing whatever you want is a political statement.

mhhmmmmm this is true

fat chicks in crop tops is my favourite thing lately :love:
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options

Sometimes it's nice to be reminded that you're not the only weird one out there, or that there's weirder people out there. Case in point, all reality television.

And everything that gets in the way of the game is annoying. I don't care you spilled your beer on yourself again, if you block the screen one more time, you lose all drinking privileges for the rest of the game.

agreed, and thank God for the DVR option to hit pause.
  • Menix8
    Options

why? its more fun when ppl get their panties in a bind over a an innocuous comment.

Not sure why you think anyone's underwear is in any sort of uncomfortable position. Does anyone take anything on the internet seriously anymore?
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options

Not sure why you think anyone's underwear is in any sort of uncomfortable position. Does anyone take anything on the internet seriously anymore?

They shouldnt, but they do, hence being told about my "sexist drivel"
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

I think the only thing being taken seriously is this dude's need to qualify his comments as sarcasm.
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options

I think the only thing being taken seriously is this dude's need to qualify his comments as sarcasm.

Righttttttt
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

They shouldnt, but they do, hence being told about my "sexist drivel"

Labeling your comments isn't taking them seriously.