Cottage Cheese

Options
1235»

Replies

• hjorden
    Options
    I hollow out a tomato then mix tuna and cottage cheese and fill the tomato with the mixture.
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oooooh that hollowed out tomato thing is a good idea!!:drinker:
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's also good on quinoa with avocado as a salad
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    It's also good on quinoa with avocado as a salad
    Mmm... I add avocado to top my bulgur wheat salad and it's YUM. This sounds equally great!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, tomato, and avocado is one of my favorite little snacks!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese on top of mashed cauliflower and garnished with green onions.
  • spoonsil
    Options
    I put mix mine with fresh chives or if not in season, I use the dried chives.
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    I had cottage cheese with tuna in a wheat pita last night and forgot how good that stuff can be! Am I the only one out here who likes cottage cheese? What other ways do you like to prepare it?

I have never "met" another person who mixes cottage cheese and tuna. It's DELICIOUS!! Sometimes, I'll add sliced carrots for a little crunch. :love:
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I treat it like sour cream. I treat sour cream like cheese. I treat cheese like salt. I salt anything that's not sweet. You get the idea... LOL I :heart: Cottage Cheese!

LMAO, that was great. Too funny.
  • bikinikillaer
    Options
    I eat low-fat, no salt added cottage cheese with raspberry jam with added fresh berries when they're on sale. Mmm, such a yummy way to have something sweet that's packed with unheard-of amounts of protein!
    "Friendship" is the brand that has a no-salt added variety. Some of the other regular brands taste too salty to me. :)

But my boyfriend teases me about the ONE BRAND of cottage cheese that I eat that of-course is only available at one store around us. It's the "golden brand" as he calls it. :)
  • katt0628
    katt0628 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I add sugar free jello to it (any flavor you like). I've tried orange and strawberry and love them both. It's like desert but high protein and low cal.
  • xaviernelson
    xaviernelson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    There are some awesome ideas, I am going to have to try a few. Personally, I like Cottage Cheese with some Sea Salt or on toast with Jelly.

Xavier
  • ziggythecat
    ziggythecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers took a slice of bologna and covered it in cottage cheese then added a little pepper to it. not saying it looked good or that i'd try it but it definitely was a new way to eat it. at least for me.
  • I love cottage cheese with cantelope and black pepper... Yum. Also, ricotta cheese is a lot like cottage cheese only smoother, and it can take the place of cream cheese spread on bagels and so on.