What do/did you hate most about being fat?

Replies

• gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    I was thinking about this today:

Constantly tugging at my shirt to keep it from clinging to me.
    Being uncomfortable all the time even just sitting or laying down
    I didn't want to leave the house...all I did was go to work
    Sweating and being so hot all the time.
    Having to shop for clothes
    Being scared a chair would break with me in it or when I sit down
    just being so unhappy all the time.
    Life is so much better now!!!
    I would never ever ever ever go back to that misery!!!
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    1) not feeling comfortable in a pool setting
    2) being shy because was scared of being judged by my weight and was instantly labeled "the weird guy"
    3) Not wanting to take pics with others because of how I looked
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    The feeling that no matter where I was or what I was doing, I was being judged. Still feel that way.

Also, feeling judged for anything I ate. So I often tried to convince everyone I wasn't hungry and refused to eat in front of anyone. I still have problems there, but no where near as bad.

When i was around 13, i used to sit in the canteen at school with my sandwiches on my lap and rip a piece and eat it when noone was looking. I wasn't even overweight in school, i just felt it.

The only thing i hated about being overweight really was sweating in the heat, alot compared to other people.
  • Seeing myself in Pictures

+1

+1000

+ 10,000,!
    +10,001
  • "And I'm just there like stop buying such tightass clothes then hoe"

lmao!!! ^^^^^

1. I hate not being able to feel comfortable in a dress or shorts.

2. I hate not being able to eat comfortably in front of people because I feel like they're thinking "what a fatass" haha

3. I hate when people take pictures and I happen to be in the picture or backround and they tag me in it.
  • randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    1) Seeing myself in pictures, in the mirror, or even my reflection in a window.
    2) Not being able to do fun things because of weight/size limitations such as riding roller coasters, horseback riding, hot air balloon rides, etc.
    3) Having a a closet full of clothes that don't fit.
    4) Not wanting to eat in front of other people for fear of being judged.
    5) Having people tell me that I need to lose weight for (every reason under the sun).... even by people who are severely overweight as well.
  • IconStillFree
    IconStillFree Posts: 262 Member
    Feeling bad about myself
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Not fitting in things like booths at a restaurant.
    No cute bras fit and clothes in general
    Spilling over on people on the train, they didn't like it, I didn't like it just all around a bad time.
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    I hate knowing if there were a true Zombie Apocolypse I would be too slow to survive and would be one of the first to be eaten.

I hate having to stuff my stomach in a pair of jeans sometimes creating Camel Toes ugly cousin, Moose Knuckle.

I hate having to shop in the Ample Duds section - as if a 55 gallon trash bag with horizontal stripes is going to camoflauge what Ive got going on here. - Do the plus size designers have some sort of vendetta???

I hate sizing mysef up to the people around me, realizing that Im the biggest one there, especially at Sumo wrestling matches.

I hate that my size has created an indentation in my bed the size of the Grand Canyon.

All joking aside, Ive hated myself for quite awhile now, I just want to love myself again - and be able to shop in the Juniors section - they are blessed with the cutest clothes!!!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Def chub rub and not being able to pull off the clothes I wanted to wear
  • Not feeling comfortable being naked with my husband!
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    I could answer this question but I think I would overload/crash the internet.
  • Having to shop for clothes- why are all plus sizes ugly and/or expensive?
    Feeling like I have to hide if I eat something unhealthy
    Not having energy to want to do anything
    Lower back pain
    Not being able to exercise fast enough for my heart rate to go up because my muscles are too weak
    Rolls
    Not getting even a glance from a nice looking guy because I'm not his "type"
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Honestly I think the worst to me was people making assumptions -- that I hated myself, looked at thinner women with envy 24/7, ate a lot of fast food/junk and was very unhealthy with specific conditions like diabetes and such.

None of that was true. I ate junk, but not a lot more than I do now (just smaller portions of everything). I was generally happy and healthy and call it denial if you like...doesn't bother me :-)

It's just nice now that I'm at a normal weight people don't make those nutty assumptions. Of course now they make new assumptions like that I have never been morbidly obese, don't eat carbs, and can run. Nope. haha
  • Being told that my weight was probably the reason I couldn't have children.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    The BIG belly roll that I can sorta hide while standing up but juts out further than my boobs when I sit down.

Chub rub.

Hubby and I are 200lbs + change each. We can fit into the bathtub at the same time but it's more funny than sexy/romantic (esp. trying to get out).

When you feel sexy, gorgeous, lean and beautiful until the moment you look in the mirror.
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Never dated.
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Seeing myself in Pictures

+1

+1000

+ 10,000,!

+ this and there are not enough zeros to put behind the 1!!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    I actually didn't realize how uncomfortable almost everything was...clothes, sitting in a car...riding in an airplane, etc until I lost the weight. I also didn't really realize how much my weight was contributing to all of my aches and pains that I generally just associated with getting older.
    +1
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Seeing myself in Pictures

+1

+1000

+ 10,000,!

+ this and there are no enough zeros to put behind the 1!!
    I'm joining this club too!