Since when is 33 considered young?

Options

Replies

• sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Even when my husband says it about an actress in her 40s.

Fluck of the lot of ya.
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    33 used to seem so old. Now that I'm in my late 20's I'm thinking that maybe it isn't? Ask me again when I'm 40. (which is only in 13 years:huh: )
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    And isnt 36 pretty much middle-age?

your still a spring chicken
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    36 is young if you are 56. Since most people live past 80 nowadays, middle age is somewhere past 40.
  • HuggyBeahr
    HuggyBeahr Posts: 259
    Options
    I'm 26 and I am officially past my prime.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Your Wheird... 33 is young!! So is 35... OH WAIT.. I'm 35 and I feel OLD.. Not ready to have a son in High School this year... :sad:
  • WreckaRed
    WreckaRed Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    33 is not young, its not middle aged, and its not old. It just is your 30's. One of the best decades of your life! Though I hear 40 is pretty great too.

I am 33. :-)
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Ever since people now live into their 90s it is considered young. Except for those of us likely to die in their 60s like other members of their families, in that case you're middle aged. I'm 35 and sure as hell don't feel young. People keep saying each decade is the best decade of your life, i haven't had a good decade yet. My first decade was pretty good until they forced me to go to school and it's been miserable since.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Eh, my husband will trade me in once I hit 40.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I used to think 30ish was considered old. And then I actually got to 30 and I don't *feel* old... nor was I particularly traumatized, and still like all the things I liked when I was 20...

But if 36 is old, should I start seeking out retirement homes?
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I have a son who is 33 years old...........at 55 that makes me ancient!!!:wink:

You, mam, can't be 55.... MAYBE 40... lol

If you ARE? Then, well done...
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and feel young again, now I'm fitter...got one more year before I claim off the government!
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am 33 and while I wouldn't call myself young I also wouldn't say I am old. Although I could really use a nap right now which makes me feel old :yawn: :laugh:
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I feel (and look!) better at 33 than I did at 23. So, if I'm old, then I guess being old is AWESOME!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Listen, when I was 33, I was chasing twin 3 year olds around but was always very tired because I was also very overweight. Now, those twins are almost 21 and I am 51 and I can wear my daughter's clothes. I may be "ancient" biologically but, mentally and physically, I feel 35, at best!
  • WreckaRed
    WreckaRed Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am 33 and while I wouldn't call myself young I also wouldn't say I am old. Although I could really use a nap right now which makes me feel old :yawn: :laugh:
    Naps ARE a necessity in your 30's....especially with kids!!!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    You hush your mouth sir. Since I'm 32, I like the idea of 33 being young!
  • Chrystine71
    Chrystine71 Posts: 224
    Options
    33 is not young, its not middle aged, and its not old. It just is your 30's. One of the best decades of your life! Though I hear 40 is pretty great too.

I am 33. :-)

Just wait...40's rocks...at least for me it does...I'm 43
  • jtrack3d
    jtrack3d Posts: 91
    Options
    I am a realist. I know I am well over the hill. I am for quality of life.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Since 40 became the new 20! ;)