Where were you during the OJ Simpon verdict?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    On the way home from community college classes, heard it on my radio.
  • CalicoMonroe
    Options
    Freshman year of high school in journalism class watching the verdict being read with everyone literally on the table tops or on the edge of their seats.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Working on a job site, got in the van to ride up main street to listen. Heard the verdict as I was passing a TV placed on the square and the crowd gave a response of disbelief. Without a word said the DJ played James McMurtry's song "where'd you hide the body"
  • RestartingAgain1
    Options
    5 days shy of being 3 months old :p
  • detox_pixie
    detox_pixie Posts: 166
    Options
    Probably watching Golden Girls re-runs.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    School... Skipping my afternoon classes.. :-)
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I was 6, so probably off playing with a Care Bear somewhere
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    Probably watching Golden Girls re-runs.
    :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rickysticky305
    Options
    High school, 9th grade I believe.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    During the chase, I was visiting my parents. My mom loved OJ and never did believe that he could ever do anything like that. No matter what evidence came out, she stuck to her guns that he was innocent.

The day the verdict came in, I was carrying a load a laundry thru my living room, and the verdict came on. I dropped my basket of clothes and just stood there, frozen in shock, for some time. I didn't think I was that vested in the trial, but apparently I must have been. At 30, that was probably my first reality check that the justice system was not perfect.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    While I don't remember what I was doing or where I was when the verdict was announced, I do remember watching the "car chase" on TV. I was 6. I had no idea what it meant or what was going on, but I do remember sitting in my living room watching that (or playing with toys while pretending I wasn't paying attention to the TV).
  • earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Two people were murdered in cold blood and their killer got set free. I was disgusted. I was at work and I heard people cheering and clapping. Gross. What has happened to humanity that some would celebrate this verdict?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I was at work. One of my friends was an African-American. She asked me if I thought OJ was guilty. I said yes. She said I was a racist. So much fro friendship.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Two people were murdered in cold blood and their killer got set free. I was disgusted.

no no...*where* were you.
    So much fro friendship.

best typo ever.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    So much fro friendship.

best typo ever.

I realized that after I sent it. Then hoped someone would see the humor there.
  • Bu1l
    Bu1l Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    IN HIGH SCHOOL... READING DOZING OFF LOL.
  • Bu1l
    Bu1l Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    HA HA .. SMH
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I was at work. One of my friends was an African-American. She asked me if I thought OJ was guilty. I said yes. She said I was a racist. So much fro friendship.

Wow!
  • Beautiful_disaster40
    Options
    At home with my boyfriend at the time and our roomies, heard the verdict, got disgusted and turned the tv off.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    In elementary school in concord, ma