Why Aspartame IS scary!

Options

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Who cares if people want to eat/drink aspartame? There just isn't enough survival of the fittest anymore. If it's dangerous, it will simply allow self-selected culling from the herd. I think what bothers me the most about this is that we live in a world where some people don't have enough to eat and others have so much that they need to take the calories out of their food to enjoy non-nutritive substances. They have a right to enjoy non-nutritional food stuffs, so let them! Gluttony. Third world problems are so different than first world problems.

So. IF I stop drinking diet soda kids in third worlds won't be starving anymore?
    SASHayyyyy.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

I'm actually more concerned about the jacket. *shudders*

I don't know what you mean? I can't decide what's most awesome about the jacket - that it's Nike, stonewashed, zipped up to her neck, or whipped at the wrist? It's the bomb.
    :explode: :laugh:

It's giving me flashbacks of neon, foot tall wave bangs and side pony's.

I had to laugh when neon reappeared last year... And leg warmer have reincarnated too! Go figure

Also, hi-top fades and Mr. T haircuts.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Honestly any fake sweatener is questionable in my mind. Stevia being the odd duck out as it's an extract from a plant [hard to be concerned there]. I had a diet pop every now and then [yes has aspartame] but otherwise keep sugars [including artificial ones] to a minimum.

You know what else is found in plants?

Cyanide

• Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    cool story glad i haven't heard this sh it before..... thanks
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Why scaremongering IS scary!

Perhaps just let people do the things THEY want to do. If YOU don't want it....FINE.... but don't be trying to SCARE other people into it just cause it scares you.

People have their own minds you know. My eyes gloss over every single time I see another topic about this.... yeah there are heaps. It's like reading a book over again.... it's just not the same at all. The fun is gone out of finding out what happens next....much like each & every one of these 'Aspartame is poison' topics.

I'd rather wash my hair in a dirty toilet than see another topic about it.

BTW I'm dying anyway...we all are. So I say love it while you are here, stop being afraid of every little thing in the world. Stop trying to make everyone so scared to just live.
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    dfb67445c925c8008060a96e35d54d7c2965a39935de3d88991a8666410bc15a.jpg
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    dfb67445c925c8008060a96e35d54d7c2965a39935de3d88991a8666410bc15a.jpg
    dot-dot-dot-yes.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Seriously though I encorage people to google "how insulin is made". It is the exact same process OP is fear-mongering. You know, insulin...that treatment for diabetics that saves countless lives and was made affordable and available by the process OP is currently demonizing and laughably refering to as fecal matter.

If this common manufacturing techique legitimately bothers you and you have questions I'd be happy to try to answer them.

Well, I wouldn't eat insulin, or a diabetic or your guts. Think of all the little baby e. coli!
    Think of the flora!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I wonder if OP envisioned their post devolving into a discussion of pop rocks and 80s fashion. Oh internet.

I wish more 80s fashion would come back, i missed out on the terrible clothing fads by being too young the first time around.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    I wonder if OP envisioned their post devolving into a discussion of pop rocks and 80s fashion. Oh internet.

I wish more 80s fashion would come back, i missed out on the terrible clothing fads by being too young the first time around.

I have curly poofy hair, I should have been the most popular girl in school in the 80's, but nooooooo, I had to be in small town Oklahoma. :grumble:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

giphy.gif
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I have curly poofy hair, I should have been the most popular girl in school in the 80's, but nooooooo, I had to be in small town Oklahoma. :grumble:

I have very fine, straight hair. I was never able to achieve those high bangs. I've never gotten over it.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    yaaaaaaaaaaaawn. Is this the best we get on a boring Friday night?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Aspartame tastes chemically. I don't drink soda, but on the rare times I do, I'd rather drink a non diet one. than all that artificial funk.

To be fair to the OP, I can probably find more people's arguments against Aspartame, than for it. Lot's of people seem to think they have clear cut proof it's not good for you. Lot's of people say fluoride is a neuro-toxin - which is now in water supplies. Some people than say Hitler used fluoride in drinking water, to make the Jews more accepting on their circumstances.

I like conspiracy theories :drinker:
    You can also find more people arguing that eating 5-6 meals per day 2-3 hours apart speeds up your metabolism.
    You can also find more people arguing that you need to eat breakfast to start your metabolism.
    However, neither one of those is true.

Also, something tells me this thread won't get stickied.

I always laugh at those. If breakfast is so amazing why have I lost 30 pounds while never eating breakfast? Why does breakfast turn me into a rampaging she-beast of hunger if it's the key to weight loss?

Am I just a special snuflake?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

I have very fine, straight hair. I was never able to achieve those high bangs. I've never gotten over it.

Amateur.

Aqua Net, blow dryer, and an afro pick woulda sorted that *kitten* out.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    Aspartame tastes chemically. I don't drink soda, but on the rare times I do, I'd rather drink a non diet one. than all that artificial funk.

To be fair to the OP, I can probably find more people's arguments against Aspartame, than for it. Lot's of people seem to think they have clear cut proof it's not good for you. Lot's of people say fluoride is a neuro-toxin - which is now in water supplies. Some people than say Hitler used fluoride in drinking water, to make the Jews more accepting on their circumstances.

I like conspiracy theories :drinker:
    You can also find more people arguing that eating 5-6 meals per day 2-3 hours apart speeds up your metabolism.
    You can also find more people arguing that you need to eat breakfast to start your metabolism.
    However, neither one of those is true.

Also, something tells me this thread won't get stickied.

Nope, but maybe they'll ask the OP to write a blog....
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

a56e92644cfb8bfd5a990fb08a1306ab.jpg

Don't forget the headband :wink:
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    hahaha My god I love gifs.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    pPSOiQc.gif