Fitbug orb

Options
Just spoken to a health and critical life insurance advisor and he looked at the prudential plan for me and my wife. He mentioned something called vitality which is a health insurance scheme thing where you earn points for taking part in specific health activities such as going to the gym and wearing a fit bug etc.

Just had a quick look at they are a reasonable price. Can anybody shed any additional light to what it actually does. Is the fitbit worth the Extra. I'd actually like something that monitors heart rate but neither of these do that and the price is bigger difference.

Does the steps taken on the fit bug change and adjust the calories on myfitnesspal?

Replies

• Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Also looking at fitbits and jawbones. The price of the bug is appealing. Jawbone looks the best but has the highest price. Quite like the idea of keeping it on my wrist.
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well I managed to get a fitbug cheap on eBay.

I've set up my account. Does it actually sync with myfitnesspal?

I thought it would sort of use the calories burnt to aid how active I've been.
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about that one but the Force and Aria (both by Fitbit) sync with MFP.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    If you click on "Apps" in the blue bar menu up there ^ then click on "activity trackers" in the list on the right, you'll see all the activity tracker apps that MFP syncs with. There is a Bodybug Air app, but I don't know if that's different than the app for the Orb.