binged.... ON QUEST BARS??

Options
124»

Replies

• marchellaz
    marchellaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    where do buy the quest bars..i feel like I am missing out!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    OKAY MAYBE IM OVERREACTING I DONT KNOW. but at least empathize, im sure plenty of people on here who are just starting (including some of you on this thread) would beat themselves over a lot of things

I've eaten an entire box of Cheez Its once. I can't empathize with two Quest bars, sorry lol

Okay, i JUST started this diet. you even a box of cheez its? i've eaten so much more junk in one sitting. an entire bag of hot cheeto puffs, pack of mint oreos, so much processed food and desserts. ive basically been eating terrible all my life. i dont know how 'eating right really works, okay? so instead of making fun of me for worrying over this just tell me what you think in a more understanding matter rather than being such a smart alec.

Ok, here's your moment of serious from me: lighten up. You will have problems with your weight loss efforts if you categorize two Quest bars as a binge, because binges are "bad" and can cause derailment. Also, ditch the notion of eating "terrible foods." Worry about putting up good numbers at a deficit while eating what you enjoy. That's my secret to one year of maintenance after losing almost 30 pounds. I still eat my Cheez Its, Goldfish, and heck today I had some birthday cake frosting filled Chips Ahoy. My diary is open, check out what you can eat if you put in the work.

Umm....WHAT?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Quest Bars, but people up here swear by them. I am gonna buy a few today. Any suggestions on flavors?

White chocolate raspberry, Cookies and cream, cookie dough.

I could do without all the other flavors.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    chips-ahoy-birthday.jpg
    birthday-frosting-filled-chips-ahoy-cookies-03.JPG
    I need these in my life.
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Oh god. so I bought Quest bars yesterday. (four: 2 CNC, WCR, and CCCD)

I ate one after a long jog/run/walk yesterday, so good microwaved!!

I've been 'eating right' since Tuesday. Then last night i ate another quest bar (remember i had one earlier in the day)

THEN today I started of good, one egg on wheat english muffin. then i ate a healthy choice frozen lemom pepper fish apple dessert (calorie info:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/healthy-choice-lemon-pepper-fish-rice-pilaf-broccoli-caramel-apple-dessert-115036101) THEN I ate two quest bars. I WASTED MY QUEST BARS AND I HATE MYSELF FOR IT AHHHH

but how bad of a binge do you thing this is?

Looks like you need to buy more quest bars :laugh:
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't think that 2 Quest bars = a binge.
    That being said, if you're going to binge, binge on something delicious! (like those cookies!) :D
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    OKAY MAYBE IM OVERREACTING I DONT KNOW. but at least empathize, im sure plenty of people on here who are just starting (including some of you on this thread) would beat themselves over a lot of things

I've eaten an entire box of Cheez Its once. I can't empathize with two Quest bars, sorry lol

Okay, i JUST started this diet. you even a box of cheez its? i've eaten so much more junk in one sitting. an entire bag of hot cheeto puffs, pack of mint oreos, so much processed food and desserts. ive basically been eating terrible all my life. i dont know how 'eating right really works, okay? so instead of making fun of me for worrying over this just tell me what you think in a more understanding matter rather than being such a smart alec.

When you're just starting off your new eating habits, you don't know the terminology. Overeating vs. Binge. It's hard.
    Add some friends on here and check out their food diaries. Get food ideas and meal ideas. If you're not sure what you're doing, plan out meals for the week and know the calories before you go. Make sure you have real goals (1200 calories a day doesn't work for everyone)
    Make sure your meals are balanced - high protein will keep you filled longer. After you eat a meal, have some water and get away from food - see if you're really still hungry or not. It's work at first, but it becomes habit.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    2 Quest bars equals a binge? Nah. Not even 4 Quest bars equals a "binge" in my mind.

It might earn you a long session on the porcelain throne, though. :bigsmile:

ETA: That, and you've got some serious cash to burn. Those damn things are expensive as hell. Good - but expensive. :indifferent:
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    where do buy the quest bars..i feel like I am missing out!

You can find them at GNC, The Vitamin Shoppe, Vitamin World, etc. I saw them at Smoothie King, too, but they only sell singles.

Or you can get good deals online on occasion. I bought my last box for 19 dollars, a steal at that price.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters that whenever you identify a food that you just can't stop yourself from eating...it's a trigger food that you need to avoid keeping in the house. For me, it's chocolate covered almonds from Costco. I would count out 11 for a 160 calorie serving and be proud of myself for keeping myself to a healthy portion of a kinda healthy-kinda naughty snack. But an hour later, I'd be dipping into the jar for 5-6 more. And then working late at night, I'd have 5-6 more and so on. I would eat them all day if you put them in front of me :embarassed:

Me and my MFP friends call foods like this "kryptonite."

Everyone's kryptonite is different and if you really feel you can't stop, don't bring it around. Now that said, if you have a Quest bar for breakfast and another for a post work out snack every day, I see nothing wrong with that as long as it works into your macros.

Don't be hard on yourself--you didn't binge...you indulged. Nothing wrong with that if you can stay in control.

And yes, open your diary if you want more helpful input. It's hard to do but you'll really benefit from it.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I had 2 quest bars this morning. And all I felt was complete satisfaction.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    chips-ahoy-birthday.jpg
    birthday-frosting-filled-chips-ahoy-cookies-03.JPG
    I need these in my life.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Where have you been all my life?