Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Some people! Major vent...

2»

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    If it happens again politely curse him out.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    I can't believe this happened to you - almost the same thing happen to me. I was minding my own business walking at a moderate speed on the treadmill. I was waiting for my step class to start because it had been delayed by 15min. I didn't want to waste time. I was actaully holding on to get my heartrate reading when a new training camy by and started fussing because I was holding on and didn't i know that was not effective. Well I tried to explain ( althought I didn't need too) that I was trying to get my reading - then he started saying " sure right " and being very very rude about it. He saying why did I join a gym if I wasn't going to use it correctly and I wasn't working out at my range and all kinds of stuff and he was laughing at me. Well, I just got off and went to class but I was mad as hell. So, the next time I went to the gym - I spoke with him. I told him his approach was way off and that was not how to treat people.( I will admit he was young and reminded of me of my son - someone just has to tell them when they are doing something wrong. We can't asuume everyone knows how to act. anyhoo) He said he was sorry and didn't realize he came across that way - that he was new and really just trying to help the people at the gym. I have actually never seen him again- so maybe I was not the only one!!!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Thanks everybody. This episode was well on the way to ruining my day and you all made me feel so much better! You were right on track besides.

As it turns out, the manager just called me to hear my side of the story, my trainer had reported the incident to him. The manager knows who the guy is, and assured me that if this guy EVER does this to anybody again, he will have his membership revoked. Such a relief!
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Everyone pays their membership to use the equipment at the gym so that guy needs to back off. If a piece of equipment is being used, which I am sure this has happened to him before, MOVE ON!! GO to the management because if this has happened to you I'm sure he's done it to someone else. What a jerk. You don't need to explain yourself about what you do or how you work out at all. Now that's why some people don't like to go to the gym because of *kitten* like him. I'm sorry you had to put up with that when you are trying to do something good for yourself. Keep on keeping on and don't let him get in the way of what your doing.
    Please take everyone's advise and tell the management.
    take care.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,638 Member
    look him in th eeye and say "thanks for helping get my heart rate up, but I prefer to do this with out your help" and smile big.

Just kidding: report him to the mangement. no fuss no muss. if you engage with a perosn like that, half the time they think thye have won.

also this is why I have a garage gym, at least I know the know the main jerk there. :laugh:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    A second occurance can be considered harassment/bullying and the gym has legal obligation to protect you. Be sure you document this first occurance with the witness/trainer's name. Report any second occurance immediately to management.
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    I have a great way to handle it. Pepper spray...ok ok a bit much maybe just a few water bottle squirts in his direction? Of course I'm kidding but wow what a jerk! So sorry that happend and I'd definitely complain to the manager about him in case they have other complaints about him maybe he'll get asked to leave. Good luck!
  • I tend to grip something when I'm on machines too, I have horrible balance lol. Hmm.. stupid guy.. well you could spray him with mace?? :devil: just an idea. Though going to managment about him is probably a more civil action :tongue: OH OH another idea, if he does this again... hand him a bottle of Midol :laugh:
  • azmomof2
    I tend to grip something when I'm on machines too, I have horrible balance lol. Hmm.. stupid guy.. well you could spray him with mace?? :devil: just an idea. Though going to managment about him is probably a more civil action :tongue: OH OH another idea, if he does this again... hand him a bottle of Midol :laugh:

Lol I actually 2nd the bottle of midol idea!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    I would of told him to go to the front lobby and get a cup of shut the f$ck up....but thats not very nice

So I prob would of said no habla ingles or something like that
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I would of told him to go to the front lobby and get a cup of shut the f$ck up....but thats not very nice

Well, that's why I said to politely curse him out. :tongue:
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    OK, I think I've got it. If it happens again, I will:

Hand him a bottle of Midol (is it more threatening if I take a handful of them myself first?).
    Stare him straight in the eye and say "I'm sorry, you must have mistaken me for someone who gives a *kitten*."
    Turn up my iPod.
    Turn up the speed on my treadmill (I thought of this one myself!)
    If he hangs around after that, I spray him with pepper spray and tell him that there is a cup of shut the f$ck up in the lobby waiting for him.

Sound about right?:smile:
  • azmomof2
    OK, I think I've got it. If it happens again, I will:

Hand him a bottle of Midol (is it more threatening if I take a handful of them myself first?).
    Stare him straight in the eye and say "I'm sorry, you must have mistaken me for someone who gives a *kitten*."
    Turn up my iPod.
    Turn up the speed on my treadmill (I thought of this one myself!)
    If he hangs around after that, I spray him with pepper spray and tell him that there is a cup of shut the f$ck up in the lobby waiting for him.

Sound about right?:smile:

Lol yay! Best idea ever!! :laugh:
  • :laugh: LMBO Yes, yes that is perfect. :laugh: :flowerforyou: