HUGE BREASTS (not the chicken kind this time) :)

CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I'll be honest. There are definite advantages to having a large chest. My husband, who is a few inches shorter than I am (I'm rather tall), doesn't seem to mind the view. :blushing:
That being said, I would really like if they would shrink a little bit. Mine are so big they literally are capable of hitting me in the face when I jump. I have to special order bras online because no stores carry my cup size (Lane Bryant doesn't either - they have large band sizes, but not large cup sizes).
In the past 7 weeks, I've lost 23 pounds and several inches... from everywhere EXCEPT my chest. Well, I've lost inches from just under my chest, so my band size has decreased (I actually have to safety pin the band because it's too big around, even on the tightest clasp), but the cups still fit just fine and not ONE SINGE CENTIMETER has gone away from there. I've lost a whopping 6 inches off my waist and 4 from my hips (and assorted inches from everwhere else) but not a smidge from my chest. :sad:
I have another 77 pounds to go, but at almost 1/4 of the way down, don't you think they should have shrunk... at least a little bit?

Replies

• srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss. I've been ample above the waist, but when I lose pounds, that's where they come off first.
  • slm638
    slm638 Posts: 64
    It may not go or it may just be the last to go. Never know how the body is going to shed the inches. I know when I lose weight, I don't lose any of the girls either - my bras fit better because of reduced back flab, but that's about it. I'm getting a reduction for this reason...
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I lost 40 lbs (now continuing my journey) and I lost 1/2" off my chest. That's it! I was sad to say the least. I am hoping that as I lost the last 50lbs it will come off my chest lol
  • I bet they will shrink eventually. Mine so far haven't either...even though I see differences everywhere else. I'm afraid that once I've lost the weight I want to, my boobs will be empty, hanging down by my belly button. (Shudder)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    I literally feel your pain. I've always had large breasts.

Unfortunately, I also gain weight around my middle (think apple shaped) - the worst place, health-wise. I would love to have a smaller chest and larger waist/hip ratio.

But wherever it is you hold weight, that will be the first place you'll gain and the last place you'll lose. As you know, there are no exercises to speed bust weight loss. Just a general overall cardio/stretching/resistance program to lower fat all over.

I love minimizer bras. Have you tried JCPenney? They have great structured sports bras and minimizers at a reasonable price. Even ordering online from them or from the catalog is easy. If you live near a Penneys store, they don't charge shipping if you have it sent to the store, and you can return your item right there too. I often order online, then when it comes in I try it on in their dressing rooms and if it doesn't fit, return it at the same time. I hate to shop......
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    I'm in the same boat. I've lost 73 lbs out of 120 and the girls are still filling the same size cups. I'm now wearing a D instead of a C because my band size shrank, but the cups on the old bras and the new ones are essentially identical!
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    I am losing slowly in that area as well. One thing I did do as a reward for losing the first thirty pounds was go to a "Slender Spa," a place where they do body wrapping. It wasn't the kind that dehydrates you and you gain back the water weight, so I lost inches from all over my body including the breast area. It's kind of expensive ($200ish), so not something to do often, but it was a little boost.

Also found this article: http://health.msn.com/fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100144962
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Interesting!I guess everyone is different.. I used to be a 36C and I have lost about 30lbs from my highest weight... boobs were the first thing to go, unfortunately, and now I am a full size smaller. Very disappointing for me, but clearly is it different for everyone!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    You will probably lose there last. I have the opposite issue. I have lost about 4 inches off my chest, but only 3 around my waist (my waist/hips DEFINITELY need to go first.)

I gain first in my hips, last in boobs, and boobs have been first to go, so I'm hoping the hips go eventually!
  • CoryIda
    I literally feel your pain. I've always had large breasts.

Unfortunately, I also gain weight around my middle (think apple shaped) - the worst place, health-wise. I would love to have a smaller chest and larger waist/hip ratio.

But wherever it is you hold weight, that will be the first place you'll gain and the last place you'll lose. As you know, there are no exercises to speed bust weight loss. Just a general overall cardio/stretching/resistance program to lower fat all over.

I love minimizer bras. Have you tried JCPenney? They have great structured sports bras and minimizers at a reasonable price. Even ordering online from them or from the catalog is easy. If you live near a Penneys store, they don't charge shipping if you have it sent to the store, and you can return your item right there too. I often order online, then when it comes in I try it on in their dressing rooms and if it doesn't fit, return it at the same time. I hate to shop......

I guess that makes sense - I gain in my chest first, hips second, thighs third, belly last. I am fortunate to have an hourglass figure because it also makes me look a little less fat than I am, but it also gave me a (poor) excuse to put off getting healthy for too long.
    JC Penney's doesn't carry my size - I am at least an F cup, maybe larger (some of the bras I've ordered online as an F still don't quite contain the girls) and stores just don't stock those.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    I've always dreamed of having smaller ones. Although my cups size is the same (DD)... I can definitely notice my clothes fit differently. I've always needed a longer blouse to accommodate the space they occupy. Even though the cup size hasn't changed...my blouses fit longer and to me that's exciting. I imagine they will shrink even more as I lose more weight. Good luck!
  • i'm big chested at any size. my boyfriends likes it though :)
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    When I started losing weight, I was a 38G.....then after about 20 pounds gone, they shrunk to a 36F. Now at 43 pounds gone, I am a 34E. I am enjoying the smaller shirts and being almost able to buy a bra in a regular store, but hoping they don't disappear much more! :grumble: :wink:
  • No fair! Mine are barely Bs and when I lose weight they shrink first lol.
  • vi_msbehavin
    vi_msbehavin Posts: 58 Member
    Next time your looking to get new bra's try Dillard's. I wear a 44G and they had my size...I think I paid around $22 for the Cabernet brand and $68 for the Le Mystere "Tisha" bra.
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Ive lost around 45-50 lbs ( I havent weighed in 2 months) and I can say that the girls have shrank, but just a lil bit...my 38H now actually fits instead of them poppin out the top of it LOL!! I still have a 38H plunge bra that I can NOT wear, every time I bend over they fall out. I get my bras from Lane Bryant (online, store dont carry my size) and I LOVE the bras, but would love to be able to buy them at a reg store instead of ordering them online!! Best of luck to u and everyone else that cant wait for their girls to shrink :-)

Erin
  • I'm an E/DDD. At 10 weeks in and about 10 lbs (just about a 1/3 to just under half of what I have to lose total) I just started losing from the tops of the cup. They are now no longer in danger of spilling over and the fabric now gaps if I put my shoulders forward. It was quite shocking at first, and there was a wave of panic, but now I'm glad. They make me look so much heavier- I have a short waist and a short neck and it's allll boobs in between. Can't wait to be a normal D again and be able to buy at Victorias secret again.

So in other words- give it a couple weeks- you're probably right around the corner from seeing some changes there.
  • CoryIda
    No fair! Mine are barely Bs and when I lose weight they shrink first lol.

LOL! I was a large C when I was a teenager and a healthy weight. I had my son and started nursing and they were a D. I STOPPED nursing AND lost the baby weight (which is supposed to make them shrink) and they became a DD. I gained a bunch of weight, they stayed the same. I lost a bunch of weight, they GREW. I gained MORE weight, they stayed the same.

Next time your looking to get new bra's try Dillard's. I wear a 44G and they had my size...I think I paid around $22 for the Cabernet brand and $68 for the Le Mystere "Tisha" bra.

I will do that. Thank you!
  • ksnurse25
    ksnurse25 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm a nurse and I couldn't handle the big boobs when I am constantly bending over to care for patients. I was at a 38G and that size was still too small for me. I was popping out and my back hurt constantly. My insurance covered for me to have a breast reduction. It was the best thing I have ever done in my life. I am a happy 38 C and I feel SOOOOOOO much better. I did NOT like my breasts and my husband was behind me the whole way with my reduction. I lost 40 lbs before and my breasts did not shrink, that is why I decided to go with the reduction. Everyone their own, but I don't miss mine one bit. Hope your girls start shrinking and you are not like me!!!!! Good luck!
  • Nikki2Fit
    Nikki2Fit Posts: 30 Member
    I'm an H, yes H as in the 8th letter of the alphabet. Trust me I feel your pain. I don't know if they'll go or not but I can help with where to first.d bras. I order from Lane Bryant online. They carry sizes F G and H. They're expensive they fit, they're cute and they support well.
This discussion has been closed.