Ladies, what weight sdo you lift?

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    OMG, thread is also making me feel inferior lol. on the other hand its really not what i train for... maybe i should lol

awwww....:flowerforyou:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting but we use the standard barbell with 20lb attached to it at home.

That's quite challenging for me so I have no idea how you guys are lifting so much.

I usually do 3 sets of 20 reps if I can.

Baby steps.. I guess?

LOL because 3 x 20 is A LOT.

Even when I was doing my squat program- it was 20 reps- one single solitary set of 20. I thought I was going to die. LOL

It was crazy. LOL- 20 reps is a lot. I might recommend dropping to a program like starting strenght/strong lifts- you'll be doing a lot less reps and moving a lot more weight.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    3x5 for all below, also all in lbs.
    deadlift: 125
    Squat: 260
    Bench: 125
    OHP: 105
    Row: 105

And because I am goofy, leg press 3x5 410 :) lol But all of this is at a deficit. When I was eating above maintenance they were all higher last fall.

I have a bad back so deadlift and me don't go well together so I do not progress nearly as fast on that lift. Started a bit over a year ago but only go twice a week.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Been heavy barbell training for a year.

Squat 265lbs
    Deadlift 275lbs
    Bench Press 155lbs
    Barbell Bent over Row 110 5x5 (don't test 1RM)
    OHP 95lbs
  • JoRocka
    Options
    mirin that squat girl!!!

I failed 245 yesterday- I had a very VERY sad panda.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Current PR's:

Squat: 225
    Deadlift: 265
    Bench: 135
    Front Squat: 175
    Clean: 125
    Overhead Press: 105
    Push Press: 125 (but I am currently doing this for reps, so I need to re-test)

I am 5'5", 170, been using barbells since October 2013. I have been working on a Crossfit comp & de-loaded before that so I have not seriously worked on strength progressions for about a month. Gotta get back on track.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I can't wait until I can save up enough for my own barbell set up. All of you are amazing role models!
  • mamasmaltz3
    Options
    mirin that squat girl!!!

I failed 245 yesterday- I had a very VERY sad panda.

Was that for me? If so, thank you. You'll get it soon enough. Lifting is one of the few sports where failing actually does make you stronger. Based on your picture I'm a lot bigger than you, your numbers are awesome.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    OMG you guys are so amazing and inspiring. I feel like I should delete my numbers because they suck but now I know I have something to aspire to :) Love y'all
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    mirin that squat girl!!!

this!!!
  • mamasmaltz3
    Options
    OMG you guys are so amazing and inspiring. I feel like I should delete my numbers because they suck but now I know I have something to aspire to :) Love y'all

Seriously, everyone starts somewhere. There is no shame in anyone's numbers. No one who has posted bigger numbers than you has had a negative thought toward anyone with a smaller number. That is one of the things I love about lifting. We all start off weak and progress is progress. Every gain is one to be celebrated.
  • JoRocka
    Options

nah- I couldn't squat 175 9 months ago- ... I could bench 160/170. was shameful. seriously.

Everyone struggles with something and had "bad numbers" at some point-but that's the thing- they aren't bad- they are just where you are working. I'm weak compared to the other girls in my gym- it makes me crazy- but I can't let it get to me because then I get hurt when I try to show off. Just pick a path- and stay the course- success comes from consistency!!!
    Was that for me? If so, thank you. You'll get it soon enough. Lifting is one of the few sports where failing actually does make you stronger. Based on your picture I'm a lot bigger than you, your numbers are awesome.

yes indeed it was- my new goal is 250- I was thrilled to finally hit a 2 plate squat- but I know I have more in me- so it's nice to see other's with compareable numbers but a higher squat- means I KNOW it's in me. :)

still 265 .. iz a sexy *kitten* lift. I'm toats mirin. :D:drinker:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I use the pink Barbie weights and high reps. I don't want to get bulky.

good. those weights are easy to use while in the kitchen
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    None of the women at my gym squat more than 135 so it's nice to see actual big numbers :) I am currently seeing some big strength gains (for me) because of the program I am doing (54321 by Nia Shanks). My sucky BP went up from 10RM 55 lbs to 70 lbs, DL 10 RM 135 (1RM 155)- 10RM 155 (1RM 185), Squat 10RM 155- 10RM 175 (5RM 195) in 7 weeks. I have 2 weeks left of my program :( and the week after I am supposed to test to see what my new 5RMs are so I will be able to see how much stronger I am.
  • mamasmaltz3
    Options

nah- I couldn't squat 175 9 months ago- ... I could bench 160/170. was shameful. seriously.

Everyone struggles with something and had "bad numbers" at some point-but that's the thing- they aren't bad- they are just where you are working. I'm weak compared to the other girls in my gym- it makes me crazy- but I can't let it get to me because then I get hurt when I try to show off. Just pick a path- and stay the course- success comes from consistency!!!

yes indeed it was- my new goal is 250- I was thrilled to finally hit a 2 plate squat- but I know I have more in me- so it's nice to see other's with compareable numbers but a higher squat- means I KNOW it's in me. :)

still 265 .. iz a sexy *kitten* lift. I'm toats mirin. :D:drinker:

Well, thank you. Your bench is amazing and my goal for this year. I was hoping to hit 300 for my squat by now and have had to slow waaay down on my training. I have patellar femoral syndrome (kneecap tracking incorrectly) so I'm actually in PT for it. I've also had to work through some lower back issues so my deadlift progresses slow.. I'm hoping to hit 325 in my deadlift this year.
  • mamasmaltz3
    Options
    None of the women at my gym squat more than 135 so it's nice to see actual big numbers :) I am currently seeing some big strength gains (for me) because of the program I am doing (54321 by Nia Shanks). My sucky BP went up from 10RM 55 lbs to 70 lbs, DL 10 RM 135 (1RM 155)- 10RM 155 (1RM 185), Squat 10RM 155- 10RM 175 (5RM 195) in 7 weeks. I have 2 weeks left of my program :( and the week after I am supposed to test to see what my new 5RMs are so I will be able to see how much stronger I am.

I really like Nia Shanks. I have not done any of her programs but I really like her newsletters.
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Deadlift: 185 x 20
    Back Squat: 155 x 3
    Front Squat: 145 x 3
    Overhead Squat: 65 x 45
    Strict Press: 75
    Clean: 110 x 2
    Bench Press: 90 x 5
    Front Loaded Lunges: 85 x 8

For some background, I've been lifting since Sept 2013, I'm 5'9" and 164 lb (SW 195).
  • singingflutelady
    Options

I really like Nia Shanks. I have not done any of her programs but I really like her newsletters.
    She is awesome. I love her :) I think I will be doing her muscle sculpting program after I finish this one
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options

Well, thank you. Your bench is amazing and my goal for this year. I was hoping to hit 300 for my squat by now and have had to slow waaay down on my training. I have patellar femoral syndrome (kneecap tracking incorrectly) so I'm actually in PT for it. I've also had to work through some lower back issues so my deadlift progresses slow.. I'm hoping to hit 325 in my deadlift this year.

Glad to see someone else with a 300+ squat goal for the year. :) My 1RM was that last fall on my I am too lazy to eat at a deficit bulk I did but now I am back down to 260.

I also have lower back issues so my deadlift is horrible compared to yours! How long did it take you to get to where the next day you didn't have soreness, or do you still? That is half the reason I don't progress is I hate the sore muscles the next day when it is my lower back.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on getting my bodyweight squat down pat (bad, bad knees and want good form) but hoping to start next week with barbell weights. I started lifting 'heavier' about 1-1/2 months ago. I'm moving from machines to barbells slowly but excited about it.

Leg Press - 100 lbs 1x10
    Straight Leg Deadlift - 40 lb 1x10
    Incline press - 30 lb 1x10
    Seated row - 40 lb 1x10
    Lat pulldown - 40lb 1x10

I'm really new to it all but hoping to improve.