Do all liquids I swallow count towards hydration?

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I try not to overcomplicate things like this. If I'm thirsty, I drink.and that's pretty much it.lol
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Caffeine dehydrates you so you should not count that. In fact you may need to drink more water to compensate

This is incorrect. Caffeinated beverages hydrate just as well as water.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16131696
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15467100
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21450118
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Not only almost all liquids but many foods count, too, because it also contains water. Fruits and vegetables, especially, contain lots of water.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    ::snickers:: Why... yes.. yes.. they do :wink:

Not true; Snickers have no liquid, unless they fall in the bottom of your golf bag, and go all over your grips. Wait, what?!?
  • TheLostMermaid
    Options
    Caffeine dehydrates you so you should not count that. In fact you may need to drink more water to compensate

But if there is water in it that counts....

according to another thread.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Liquids you swallow versus liquids you spit out? :devil:
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I really doesn't matter as long as you do not leave yourself feeling thirsty and your pee is a pale straw colour the vast majority of the time
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Of course it needs to get in your mouth first and then you need to swallow or it's just a big mess. But given the discussion, I now agree, they should count.

kristin2gifjpeg_zps1bf409d7.gif
    27219c8636dc4e13b207dbc71ae78e4b-milk13_zps090e07ee.gif
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mz4j1gsnvp1rozp49.gif
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options

I am going to correct myself. I did some research and it appears my info was outdated and caffeine only dehydrates if you drink it in excess.

Just for the record I corrected myself. No need to quote me and tell me I'm wrong.

This was meant in good humor (in case you couldn't tell) please no one think I am crying at my computer.:sad:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

I am going to correct myself. I did some research and it appears my info was outdated and caffeine only dehydrates if you drink it in excess.

This is ridiculous. No one ever learns anything and/or admits when they are wrong on MFP. I'm not buying it. What kind of evil are you weaving, woman?
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options

This is ridiculous. No one ever learns anything and/or admits when they are wrong on MFP. I'm not buying it. What kind of evil are you weaving, woman?

:laugh:
  • lasombrs
    lasombrs Posts: 30
    Options
    wow. i am surprised at the responses. i was only tracking water and while i logged the other things i drank i did not put them in the water section. I didn't think it would count. pretty cool to know :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

:laugh:

The ability to correct oneself based on new info and a sense of humor?

You'll do well here.
  • detox_pixie
    detox_pixie Posts: 166
    Options
    IDK. Should I deduct a cup of water if I throw up the same amount?
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mz4j1gsnvp1rozp49.gif

++1 Seriously

:noway: :noway: :noway:

Mind............

Gutter...............

No Stopin It.....................
  • GothJuice
    GothJuice Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    -giggle-
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Well, that's a loaded question isn't it?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Well, that's a loaded question isn't it?

What you did there, I see it.