Fast Food Workers Unite

Options

Replies

• LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    They aren't extermly filling thats why I eat some apples with them or something...Most customer will order 2 or 3 which kinda defeats the purpose of healthy eating.
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I know I use to be that guy :) I'd get 2 plus a McDouble and fries
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    I eat the fries when I am out. When I am at home making my own garden burgers, I make sweet potato fries. I think that I like them better and feel less guilty for eating them.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    I've been pretty good at cutting out fries from my diet. I eat some every few months. I think I had my fill of them from working 4 yrs in fast food. However, I still eat potatoes about 3-4 times a week. Baked. Boiled. Chip snack packs (usually 100 cal packs). I don't know what it is about potatoes. I love them. I don't discriminate either! Sweet, red, russet...yum!
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I worked in fast food for many years I lost and gained alot just depended on my state of mind. Even when I was a manager and got free meals I would pack my lunch most of the times...but why Im posting is I found an awesome app the other day on the android market Im sure its on iphone too its called" Restaurant Nutrition" it has over a 100 common restaurants it saves time looking up the site when your on the go...MFP has a great database but some restaurant foods are hard to find quickly ...look it up its a free app =)
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It has been hard for me with fries they just smell so damn good when they first come out of the fryer, especially if they are fryed extra crispy yum. I havent had any in since the day it blew me away how many calories were in an order (blew my whole day on dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings when i ordered before I got the calorie amounts) so I'm due here pretty soon lol

I will defiantly have to look up that app today
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    i work at pizza hut. and honestly, there are no very good options besides a salad, and we don't even have any light or fat free dressing. working all day is soooo hard when i am hungry, especially when i work during buffet.

I used to work at Pizza Hut when I was very young. Actually, did you know that Pizza Hut has posted their nutritional information on-line. Just like everything else in life, if you eat what is considered a "normal" serving - you will be over in calories every time. But if you eat what is considered a "healthy" serving, you will do all right. Check out Pizza Hut's website and their nutritional guide.

http://www.pizzahut.com/nutrition.html

http://www.pizzahut.com/Files/PDF/PH_WSNationalBrochure4.13.10.pdf

Domino's does the same thing, but to be completely honest, if I stopped at 1 slice, or even 2 slices, I would STARVE. It's just not enough food to satisfy me.

I make my own pizza, dough and all, from scratch and the whole pizza (the size of a large) has 1000 calories...so if I eat half of a pizza which is low fat, low sugar, but tastes amazing, I stay in my limits because after I exercise, my goal is about 1600 for the day.

Now I can live off half the pizza. One slice? Not a chance. :flowerforyou:
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    One slice of Pizza is a joke. So are the portions on frozen pizza as well, because their slices are even smaller.

Making it from scratch with the ingredients that are good for you is really the only way to go.
  • apetty21
    Options
    I make a pizza with pita bread, fat free mozzarella cheese, mini canadian bacon (or turkey pepperoni), and a little pizza sauce. I brush on a little extra virgin olive oil first to crisp the pita. It adds flavor too. But the olive oil is optional. I do not order pizza or buy frozen.
  • Sjenkins0408
    Options
    I work at caribou coffee, it is shocking that you can drink a cup of 500+ calories!!!! You get a large mocha and a muffin and your day is toast! I usually just have americanos with some skim, but splurge for a small mocha here and there.
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    I have made a pizza on a whole wheat tortilla before when I was doing Low-carb.
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I used to work at A&W as a supervisor (FREE FOOD UGH!) I was there for 5 years and in canada we have the Grilled Chicken Delux (not sure if the USA has it, pardon me if you do :)). So I'd throw some lettuce on a plate, cut up two breast of chicken and get some dressing. Cut up tomatoes and cucumbers and red onions. :D TADA! :) WAS DELISH! Or I'd have a burger patty.. :) It's really not terrible if you don't eat fries or all the stuff that's deep fried!! :) AND DIET ROOTBEER YUM YUM YUM!
  • apetty21
    Options
    AND DIET ROOTBEER YUM YUM YUM!

A&W Diet Rootbeer is amazing! Yum! I think's it's better than regular rootbeer.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I worked in fast food for many years I lost and gained alot just depended on my state of mind. Even when I was a manager and got free meals I would pack my lunch most of the times...but why Im posting is I found an awesome app the other day on the android market Im sure its on iphone too its called" Restaurant Nutrition" it has over a 100 common restaurants it saves time looking up the site when your on the go...MFP has a great database but some restaurant foods are hard to find quickly ...look it up its a free app =)

Thanks for the app suggestion! :)
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I know I use to be that guy :) I'd get 2 plus a McDouble and fries

Me too i could eat 2 double chesseburgers and a large fry and not bat an eye
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    Vegan Mondo Burritos at Taco Del Mar. Those are so good and good for you too.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I have never really worked in fast food persay but I have worked at a restaurant for 4 years and I put on about 10lbs between those years. Once I finally stopped working there, I gave up all fried foods, butters, sodas, and no longer get cheese or croutons on a salad among numerous things. It has made a significant improvment! I just look back and think "It's no wonder I gained weight"
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    I took a pedometer to work. In a 6 hour shift, I walked 9812 steps. Too bad I don't know how to figure that into calories burned. But obviously that is more than if I had a job sitting in front of a computer.

Bmw6Series
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I took a pedometer to work. In a 6 hour shift, I walked 9812 steps. Too bad I don't know how to figure that into calories burned. But obviously that is more than if I had a job sitting in front of a computer.

Bmw6Series

THIS IS WHY I'VE PUT ON ALMOST 30 LBS IN THE PAST YEAR!

never again will I get a desk job... all I want to do is sit and eat.. and I don't have any walking to do.. makes me sad.
  • angelsandwolves09
    angelsandwolves09 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! I have worked at Sonic for 7 years. It is extremely hard to eat well while working because the healthiest meal is like 900 calories!!