Favorite Greek yogurt?

Options
124»

Replies

• writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I stock up on Fage when it's on sale or when I can get the variety pack from Costco. The other kind I really like is the vanilla bean Cabot. It's "Greek style," but it's still high in protein and tastes great. I try other kinds of yogurt when they're on sale, but I haven't found any others I like as much. I feel like the quality of Chobani has really gone downhill in the last year or so. It's so runny now.

I bought a few Yoplait yogurts the other day, and so far they've all tasted like artificial goop. I had a lemon one with lunch today that made me feel like I was eating lemon-scented dish liquid! :sick:
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    liberte
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Dannon Strawberry with a Tablespoon of Jiff Natural PB.
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Frozen! The private selection stuff has been on sale so I've been getting that.
  • Elandore
    Elandore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% plain is my favorite i have 170g tubs most days :)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I was a Dannon diehard for years, then switched to vanilla Chobani a few years ago, and for the last year I've eaten plain Fage and usually add a little vanilla and honey. It can be pricey though, but I haven't found a cheaper Greek yogurt that I like as much. I didn't think of making my own. May have to give that a try.
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Not a huge yoghurt fan at the best of times, but my wife makes me eat them :(
    Chobani was the only I could actually admit to quite liking, however, I stumbled across Tillamook, who had just launched their version of a greek yoghurt. I only took it because it was flavoured with peach and honey......... :heart:

Now, I eat Tillamook through choice
  • bluehydrangeas
    Options
    fage total with honey
  • Zoe_lifts
    Zoe_lifts Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hmm, fage is okay for me but there's something about it that i don't really like.. the texture is so thick.
    I had oikos blueberry recently and i liked that one :) we have nestle light greek yoghurt here in europe and i'm going to try that one too.
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Fage, but Chobani when I'm desperate
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Fage!

Just tried Liberte with strawberries though and that was yummy!
  • VTuominen
    VTuominen Posts: 6
    Options
    Homemade, why pay so much for a name brand? Buy plain fat free yogurt, drain it yourself and you have your own homemade greek yogurt.

Same here! However, I make my own plain yogurt, too. Fage is the only yogurt I like, but it is so expensive. When I learned how easy it is to make your own yogurt, I almost jumped up and danced in the middle of my university's library. I use Fage as my starter culture and then strain the whey out in a two-dish tupperware container my mom gave me. The texture is almost identical and it is so cheap! I usually fill up 8 16 oz mason jars per yogurt batch and can reuse the culture 5-6 times. I only have to buy a small Fage container (4 oz or more) every few months.