Turbo Fire - Day 1 Nov 7 2010

YogaRunner
YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi Everyone,
I am starting a round of Turbo Fire today and would love others to join me, keep one another motivated and accountable. I know there is probably another thread on here of others doing Turbo Fire, but I thought I'd see if anyone is starting it now who would join me here. I hope to blast tons of fat! I had been down to a body fat percentage of 20.2, but am up to 27.3. It's time to get rid of it and get those wash board abs I've been dreaming of!
Risa

Replies

• Jamaica2
    Jamaica2 Posts: 91 Member
    Good Morning! I just completed the EZ 55 workout. It is not EZ!!! Feel great!!! I am starting my third week of Turbo Fire tomorrow. I haven't been working out since last spring. TF is really motivating me to stick with it. I feel great when I'm done and Chalean keeps my mind on track.

Wishing YoaRunner luck with your muffin top. I am trying to get rid of entire batch of muffins for a Jamaican vacation in Feb. :smile: Although I am really working on this goal for myself a little swimsuit motivation never hurts.
  • Chelij
    Chelij Posts: 49
    I'm currently doing ChaLEAN Extreme and mixing in random Turbo Fire workouts as cardio every day (and sometimes a Turbo Jam video - they're so fun!).

Even though I'm not sticking to a strict TF schedule, I'd love to still be a part of keeping each other accountable and motivated!

I actually, like Jamaica2, did 55EZ yesterday...and it actually wasn't as hard as I thought! lol. Tried to do 45 EZ today but only made it 10 min through and decided I just didn't have the energy to do it :(

What do you guys do when you start out a TF workout and you just aren't feeling it? Is there anything you do or say to yourself to keep going?
  • YogaRunner
    Well, I did HIIT 15 and stretch 10 this morning. We can do most anything for 15 min, right? LOL I do my workout in my family room because our basement, where I usually work out, is carpeted. I find I can't do Turbo Fire on carpet. Do others have this trouble. I don't have much room in my family room, so it's a bit tricky!
    Chelij - I try to tell myself positive things if I'm not feelin it. Like, I'm strong, keep going, do your best etc etc. I use those and other mantras when I run marathons too. I always know I feel better when I'm done and never regret finishing a workout!
    Jamaica2 - it's good to know someone who is a couple of weeks ahead of me! A Jamaica vacation is certainly motivating!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Yay Ladies! You guys are going to love Turbo Fire. I'm just starting my 16h week and I absolutely love waking up in the morning to get my fiya on!

Best of luck to you all.
    Sharon
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Turbo Fire is my favorite program so far. I've done Turbo Jam and CLX. I am on month 3 of Turbo Fire, the first week. :)

I have had GREAT results so far! You will love it! I plan on doing the TF/CLX Hybrid after I finish TF.
  • djscardi
    djscardi Posts: 28 Member
    I ordered my disks a while back and I'm just waiting to get them in the mail, I'm super excited! I'll definitely join in!
  • I just finished the 12 week Turbo Fire program, loved it!! I'm seriously thinking about repeating it but doing the Chalean Extreme/Turbo Fire Hybrid.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    I just got my Turbofire yesterday, so did my first workout today. It had a good intensity, but I didn't enjoy it very much. The time went quickly though. I am hoping that as I do it more, it will become more enjoyable. Or maybe the other workouts will more enjoyable. I certainly am going to give it a chance!
  • YogaRunner
    Tomorrow morning is Fire 30 and Stretch 10 for me. I was supposed to rest today, but did a 3 mile run anyhow. My arms and shoulders are a little sore, but in a good way. I was concerned that the muscle I gained in my arms and shoulders from doing CLE would not be maintained with Turbo Fire, but I think I'm wrong! Let me know how others who are ahead of me have done with regard to that.
    Risa
  • telcochik
    I just finished the 12 week Turbo Fire program, loved it!! I'm seriously thinking about repeating it but doing the Chalean Extreme/Turbo Fire Hybrid.

Me too but I still have another 4 weeks to go on the advanced workout schedule so I won't get to the hybrid until afterwards.
  • ErinMarie25
    I just finished the 12 week Turbo Fire program, loved it!! I'm seriously thinking about repeating it but doing the Chalean Extreme/Turbo Fire Hybrid.

Me too but I still have another 4 weeks to go on the advanced workout schedule so I won't get to the hybrid until afterwards.

I am going to be doing the advanced as well, but now I am debating doing the hybrid after or starting Insanity. Oh, the decisions!
  • telcochik
    Erin - as I was finishing up TF 45EZ this morning I started having crazy thoughts about the possibility of doing a TF/Insanity hybrid!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

OMG my legs hurt just thinking about it! LOL!
    Sharon
  • ErinMarie25
    That would be an interesting hybrid! You'll have to share your schedule with me if you make one. :)
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Did the HIIT 15 today, and I liked that better than the first workout. That gives me hope :)
  • YogaRunner
    Did the HIIT 15 today, and I liked that better than the first workout. That gives me hope :)

So glad you liked it better than the other workouts! I find every program has things I like and look forward to and then things that I dread :flowerforyou: Like .......burpees!
  • Hey guys! I'd like to join in too! I'm only on day 2 of the 5 day inferno but this stuff is so much fun! Hopefully we can all keep each other motivated.
  • telcochik
    Hi Hulafrog! Welcome to the fun!

Sharon
  • jayme03
    jayme03 Posts: 64 Member
    Hi everyone!
    I finished my first round of Insanity up over the summer and now I'm onto Turbo Fire. It's totally different, but I think I like it :) I am absolutely thinking about doing an Insanity/TF hybrid...or a P90x/TF hybrid. I'm looking for a real kick in the butt and I think that'll do the trick :)
    Good luck!
  • ErinMarie25
    I did Fire 60 tonight. I had HIIT 20 and Tone 30 this morning, but I really wanted to get rid of excess water weight from my bad weekend and it very much helped doing Fire 60! Besides, I missed that one!
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    I started Week 4 of the TF Prep Program this week. I will complete the Prep schedule on December 22 and will start the TF program on December 30. I would love to lose 25 more lbs throughout this time because on April 2, my wife and I are going to Maui.

I really wish I could get more feedback from men who are doing this program.

I completed Chalean Extreme in June of 2010 and then ordered TF. I did about 3 weeks before school started. I teach and coach football and I often put in about 85 hours a week. Throughtout the season I would do Sculpt 30, Tone 30, TF 30 and the HIIT workouts along with Core 20 around 4 times a week. I do want to complete the 12 week program in its entirety so I felt like I needed to complete the Prep program first.

This morning I did TF 45 EZ. I love the HIIT workouts and am still trying to get coordinated on all the moves required by TF, but that's ok.
This discussion has been closed.