Turbo Fire - Day 1 Nov 7 2010

Replies

• NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Hello all. I will be getting back on my fitness journey. I've started P90X back in Feb...and completed it...but then I fell off and had alot of stressful issues this summer and gained the weight back. I will be starting back on my journey with a hybrid program between Turbo Fire and P90X.....I can't wait
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Hey NYGoddess! Great job coming back. Hope to hear more about your progress in the coming weeks!

Sharon
  • I begin Week 5 today :) I'm absolutely loving the workout!! Don't know if anyone else has to take several breaks through them or not (not HITT though) ha ha. I need to work on my eating habits to get those fantastic results! But I can do it :):):)
  • telcochik
    I just started my 17th week of TF and I still need to take periodic water breaks throughout the workouts. As Tony H. says, "Do your best and forget the rest!" That and Chalene's "you've found your soulmate workout" are my 2 favorite quotes.

Sharon
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    ANybody else just finding these workouts awful? I can't be the only one. I love working out, and I love working hard, but I feel like this is 10 different versions of the exact same routine... I find it extremely repetitive and boring.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    ANybody else just finding these workouts awful? I can't be the only one. I love working out, and I love working hard, but I feel like this is 10 different versions of the exact same routine... I find it extremely repetitive and boring.

I do find it repetitive, which is helpful to me because I am trying to get the moves down. I don't find it boring at all! The energy is high and Chalene is very motivating. I just did Fire 45 and will need a lot of practice to get those moves!

If you purchased it through Beachbody, there is a money back guarantee. If you are not happy with it, don't feel like you have to keep it just because you bought it. That is part of what I love about Beachbody and being a coach. It is a company with high integrity. Their products work, but not every product is for every person. I had a friend buy Body Gospel and it did not fit with her Religious views, so she returned it. That's cool.
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    In the last two days I have completed Sculpt 30 and Core 20. Tomorrow is TF 55 EZ. It will be my first time attempting this workout so I am going to give it my best shot. I think part of the challenge is trying to get the moves down. I'll admit me doing TF is like an octopus on roller skates. There's something to be said for variety than doing the elliptical day in and day out. I love the HIIT workouts and I feel very comfortable doing the TF 30. I am still amazed at the workout I get using bands. I will update tomorrow to let you know if I make it through. :wink:
  • YogaRunner
    In the last two days I have completed Sculpt 30 and Core 20. Tomorrow is TF 55 EZ. It will be my first time attempting this workout so I am going to give it my best shot. I think part of the challenge is trying to get the moves down. I'll admit me doing TF is like an octopus on roller skates. There's something to be said for variety than doing the elliptical day in and day out. I love the HIIT workouts and I feel very comfortable doing the TF 30. I am still amazed at the workout I get using bands. I will update tomorrow to let you know if I make it through. :wink:

Octopus on roller skates!!! I love that visual! We could put on quite a skit between the two of us! Saturday Night Live here we come!
  • telcochik
    Hang in there CoachReyes. I promise they get easier as you do them again and again.

Sharon
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member

I can see why you'd get bored after a while. I love it though. Some people just aren't into it though. You can always return it if you're not satisfied.
  • coachreyes
    I completed TF 55 EZ this morning. It wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated. In fact I felt pretty good throughout this workout. There are 2 fire drills which I always enjoy. The moves are fairly basic until the finale. This is where I get a little confused. TF 30 is back up on Thursday and 55 EZ again on Friday.

I did not use the New to Class option as I didn't want to prolong the amount of time I had to work out because I needed to get ready for another school day.
  • ErinMarie25
    Fire 55 is one of my favorites! I drip buckets afterward and I like that. LOL that last 2 finale's are my favorite. Fire 60 is my favorite.
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Hello everybody. I haven't bought Turbo Fire yet but I will once I get paid for last months drill dates (navy reserve). I am VERY excited about trying TF and the more I read about it the more I get anxious. I am a little scared I will not like it because of the repetiveness but am willing to give it a shot anyways. I am looking forward to learning what HIIT means and 55 EZ means so I will at least know what you all are talking about, lol. Anyways keep up the good work ladies
  • ErinMarie25
    Hello everybody. I haven't bought Turbo Fire yet but I will once I get paid for last months drill dates (navy reserve). I am VERY excited about trying TF and the more I read about it the more I get anxious. I am a little scared I will not like it because of the repetiveness but am willing to give it a shot anyways. I am looking forward to learning what HIIT means and 55 EZ means so I will at least know what you all are talking about, lol. Anyways keep up the good work ladies

LOL, you'll love HIIT. They are my favorite workouts!
  • coachreyes
    Completed Week 5 this morning and I will start Week 6 tomorrow. I am travelling over the Thanksgiving holidays so I will do as much as I can before I leave. Unfortunately I will have to miss a couple of workouts but I will still get some in. When I return I will repeat Week 6 and then continue up until the Christmas holidays.

TF 30 I will see you in the morning.:smile:
  • telcochik
    Great job coachreyes!
  • YogaRunner
    Yesterday, I did Sculpt 30 and WOW it was hard! I loved it though!:love: Today, Fire 55 and then this weekend I run the Philadelphia Half Marathon. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • coachreyes
    Yesterday I did TF 30 and this morning 55 EZ. I am feeling very comfortable with TF 30 and have a little work to do on the other one. The finales are still a lot of moves to master but I like the pace. Hard to believe a guy like me is getting whipped by Chalene, but I do love her enthusiasm. I am also doing my first 5k in the morning. Although I'll admit I signed up for the 5k walk. I am planning on doing a 5k in April and hopefully I will be able to run that one. Good luck in your half marathon.
  • telcochik
    Morning all. According to today's schedule I was supposed to do HIIT 15 and Upper 20 but that seemed to be a bit light in terms of calorie burning potential so I added Fire 30 to the mix. OMG I am so tired! Bodybugg said I burned 455 calories which made me really happy! Can't believe week 17 is coming to an end...only 3 more weeks to go until I complete the entire 5 month program. WOW! Very happy with my results to date and I'm hoping we see another series from Chalene in the near future.

Did y'all see the announcement that the next level of Insanity is coming out next year? I'm so pumped from TF that I might actually consider going back to do Insanity all over again only this time maybe I'll make it through the 2nd month instead of pooping out!

Hey CoachReyes...best of luck in your 5K today...I know you'll be great!

ETA - Risa I missed your Philly half marathon announcement. Good luck to you as well tomorrow!

Ok back to work now. Enjoy the day!
    Sharon
  • coachreyes
    Participated in a 5k yesterday. It was a new experience and certainly not one I would have even thought about a year ago. I walked it and I do plan on participating in one in April. My goal will be to run in that one.

Back to Turbo Fire. I completed Sculpt30 today as I am beginning Week 6 of the TF Prep Program. I am going to complete wk 6 over the next two weeks due to the holidays.
This discussion has been closed.