Why do you like MFP over other social media?

13»

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    I don't. Facebook is crap, but I prefer it to MFP.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    I found a bunch of smart, funny, perverted friends here with common goals. Thats what makes mfp awesome for me.

Ditto! Love how many smart, funny people are here just being themselves.

Many of the threads are as unproductive as FB, but with better gifs.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    FB is dumb and full of political rants and pointless pictures/statuses/whatevs that I find no relation to. Plus there's always the kind of people who are filtering everything to make themselves look high and mighty.

MFP on the other hand is full of strong, dedicated people who share similar interests with me. And I can show muh booty without getting the judgmental comments saying I'm showing too much skin or some crap like that.
  • __Bad_Leroy
    __Bad_Leroy Posts: 242
    Posting workouts and diet would annoy most of the people in my other social networks.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    I like the anonymity of MFP...sometimes it is ease to open up to strangers, because they are less likely to judge you, and if they do, what do you care, they're strangers.

I also like the accountability...and support. I admit I feel a little guilty if I miss a workout, or eat things I shouldn't, and i am less likely to do either if I think someone is going to call me out on it...not that my friends here have ever been anything but supportive.

Plus I would never post the pictures of myself that I've put up here on Facebook. Much to embarrassing to have people I know in real life to see me this way.