is it possible to get a girl friend even tho im fat ?

Replies

• littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Just wasn't sure..

Not real sure what a 320lb male's face is supposed to look like.

Not his from my perspective. He doesn't even look overweight and unless he's 10'4" he holds it really well so I wasn't sure if he was being serious or not.

Wow really, like who are you to judge that his face doesn't look like he weighs 320 pounds? Like why does it matter? My face deff doesn't look like the weight that I weigh either... Like we don't have anything better to do with our time than judge people by what they post?

Wtf? Haha .. wow.. what?!
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    With enough money, anything is possible :)
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Wait, why is everyone upset that some dude said another dude didn't look his weight? lol. I get that all the time and I'm flattered.
    :drinker:
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    (Ignoring all the insults and getting back to the original question...)

Of course you can get a girlfriend. My best friend's BF is overweight, and he's a hell of a guy, and is great to my friend's teenage daughter and all her friends. We do worry that his health will suffer, though, and wish he would get to a healthier weight.

I dated a big guy for a while. I was surprised to learn that his weight was not at all a turnoff, physically speaking. I was proud of him when he started working out and lost 70 pounds, and tickled that I lost 20 along with him.

(But then he was a jerk, and I gave up.)
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Let's get back to the topic at hand please?

OP, yes it is possible to have a gf being oveweight/obese.

It's all that matters within. :wink:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Just wasn't sure..

Not real sure what a 320lb male's face is supposed to look like.

Not his from my perspective. He doesn't even look overweight and unless he's 10'4" he holds it really well so I wasn't sure if he was being serious or not.

Wow really, like who are you to judge that his face doesn't look like he weighs 320 pounds? Like why does it matter? My face deff doesn't look like the weight that I weigh either... Like we don't have anything better to do with our time than judge people by what they post?

tumblr_inline_n6z2dkvvFS1qkbblf.jpg
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    <
    320lbs, has hot gf.

It can be done! *glitter shower*

Are you actually 320? :huh:

Around that, maybe a few pounds more since I havent weighed in in awhile and havent been logging as much as I should be. But I appreciate the incredulity as a compliment. I am 6'0" fwiw.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    This question made me terribly sad. OF COURSE it is possible. Smile a lot, be confident. If you don't feel confident, fake it till you make it. Make girls laugh, be a nice person. I, for one, prefer heavier men, and I like to think I'm a pretty cool chick. :smile: Be patient and work toward whatever goals you set for yourself. You'll be fine.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    I would think meeting people no matter the size is just the same. The bar, grocery store, the park, sports events, school (if your in school), church, the gym, etc. Just know everyone has one insecurity or another and yet we all have to overcome it to be confident and find our better half :smooched:
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    The only thing that is required to land a girl is confidence.

For a lot of guys that comes from a fancy car, nice house, lots of money or a great body. But girls have a very hard time discerning between justified confidence and wildly inappropriate confidence so that works in our favor.

The key with confidence is to use it when others are not. A bar is pretty neutralizing since everyone is on full display there but walk up to a pretty girl in the library and tell her you would love to chat about the book she's reading and you might get somewhere.

Most people don't get what they want in life because they are too brainwashed by the system to think they can have or do whatever they want and so they never bother to try.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    No you are destined to be alone forever.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Smile a lot, be confident. If you don't feel confident, fake it till you make it. Make girls laugh, be a nice person.

seriously, ^ this.

personality
    sense of humor
    quick wit
    outgoing
    adventurous

all of this is more important than your waistline, IMO.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Sure it is. My man is 6'4" and 325. :D
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Confidence can be tough for anyone, regardless of size.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member

This is very true. Confidence is key.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    My husband is overweight. He was overweight when we met. Would I like it if he were in better shape? Of course. But his weight is just a small part of who he is, and it certainly doesn't define him. I fell in love with him because he is kind, funny, and smart, and despite his size, quite attractive. He is a wonderful husband and father to our three boys.

I do worry about his weight...more than he does. I want him to be healthier for himself and for his family. I don't want to see him held back by his size, or suffer the health issues that obesity can lead to. While I can lead the horse to water but cannot make him drink. I can prepare healthy meals at home, but cannot control what he eats when he travels for work, which he frequently does. I can encourage him to come for a family walk or bike ride, but I can't force him to go to the gym if he's not ready.

But to answer your question, a fat guy can get a girlfriend (or wife)...even a girlfriend who isn't fat herself (unless that's what you prefer...some guys do).
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member

Truth right there.
  • kikionna4
    kikionna4 Posts: 308
    tumblr_inline_n01o93kgtJ1s4ivgm.gif

^THIS! You most definitely can!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    You could go gay and open up the filed a bit.

Just a suggestion.
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    You could go gay and open up the filed a bit.

Just a suggestion.

Literally doubling the chances. It's basic numbers at this point.