People's negative comments on weight loss goal

Options
13»

Replies

• popshoveit
    popshoveit Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm the same height, I'm 123lbs and don't look remotely "sick". I understand that all bodies are different though and what looks like a good weight on some may not be the case for others, etc.
    Tell them you want to focus on your health and that you're sure you will look strong and healthy and not "sick".
    It's funny how people are so quick to fret over how unhealthy a lower weight is, but it's wrong to say anything negative about heavier weights.
    My whole life I heard my mom comment on anyone she felt was "too skinny, too skinny" but rarely would she say a word about anybody who was a cheeseburger away from a heart attack. Because that's ok?
  • runnergirlbell
    runnergirlbell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You seem to know what's right for you and are going about the process in a thoughtful, healthy manner. That being said, if it were me, I would seriously re-evaluate this "friend". REAL friends shouldn't be threatened by your successes or view you as potential competition...which is what this sounds like. She can get on board with what you're doing, be proud and supportive, or get out. Just me and my low-threshold-for-drama opinion.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I get that a lot, I get that I probably weigh more than I look, but no one knows my body better than me. Even if I carry it well, I know I have quite a bit of fat that I still need to lose, but I just tell people who dare make a comment that I'm focusing on building muscle, which is true.