Whats your drive

Options
124»

Replies

• beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It was once looking better in my skin and it still is but it's now more about being healthy. I got tired of being sick.:smile:
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I adopted a furbaby and wanted to be able to take him for nice walks =) So my goal was 20 lbs……..100 lbs later i'm still enjoying our walks =)
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I adopted a furbaby and wanted to be able to take him for nice walks =) So my goal was 20 lbs……..100 lbs later i'm still enjoying our walks =)

My pup is a big part of my motivation as well! She's my walking partner every morning :)
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    To live a long and healthy life free of prescription medications. I don't want to be someone that is taking a bunch of pills to regulate this or that.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Lots of stuff......looking good in pictures (my hubby and I travel a lot, and I want to be able to upload awesome pictures, not ones of me all fat ;)

For our future children. I want a baby belly, not a fat belly with a baby in there somewhere.

Clothes, of course. All the cute clothes are too small!

And my health....I have high blood sugar and high cholesterol.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy and live a long life. I'd like to be more active.
  • maybe99
    maybe99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just want to be normal
  • KatieKat1979
    KatieKat1979 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    1-I've never been thin. Ever.

2-Revenge. To prove to my ex that I can be something and look good. You can't sabotage or hurt me anymore.

3-My parents. I don't want their health struggles.

4-Me. I want to be proud of the person in the mirror. I want to feel good in my clothes. I want to feel confident and proud for a change.
  • ngurnon
    ngurnon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to live for a long time and look good doing it!
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I hurt all over when I started. My feet and ankles would double in size to where I couldn't even wear certain shoes. I got kidney stones which scared the hell out of me and I decided that was the straw that broke the camels back, as they say. I knew that if I didn't change now, I would be single for the rest of my life and that was looking like it was going to short lived. The day I bought my scale was probably the smartest thing I've ever done. Numbers hold me accountable for everything I eat. If I have a bad day, oh well. It's only one day out of the rest of my life. My initial goal was 150 lbs to lose. I'm less than a lb away from 130 lost and I've decided to keep going! I want to lose at least another 50. Wish me luck! ????
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Tired of hiding from myself. I hate mirrors, glass doors, camera's. I'm 57 and I have great features if only they weren't hidden by the fat. So, I'm trying to shed the weight and find the person I use to be that's been hiding for too long! In addition, the weight is doing a number on me, aches and pains, I'm praying that losing the pounds will get rid of some of that too.
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    Options
    Hello! I have used Myfitnesspal on and off for many years, whenever I am using it I do great, then I get complacent and sometimes I just go completely off the wagon for a number of reasons. I was listening to an NPR Ted radio hour podcast yesterday morning and it was about "why we lie" and it was very fascinating but the reason I bring it up here is that there was a segment where they talked about how when we don't follow through with our goals and things we choose to do we are actually deceiving ourselves, lying to ourselves, basically not keeping our word. Now of course we have all had that "lying to ourselves" moment when we make eyes at a big piece of cheesecake we decided to get after a big meal at a restaurant and promise tomorrow is another day. But I never really thought about it in the context of who I am as a person, am I a person of my word? That really gave me pause and I knew instantly that my desire to maintain my personal integrity is HUGE and that I strive so hard in life to not make any promises I can not keep to other people and always to be there to support people around me. So then why does it seem like the person who arguably is pretty key to my life (myself obviously) is the one person I seem to have absolutely no problem essentially making false promises, not following through with "projects"/goals and essentially having no rational self control at times in following through on important lifestyle and health decisions. I suppose it is the lack of fear of that societal reaction that "you are a liar, you let me down" that lets ourselves get away with it ... I don't know ... it is complicated but interesting concept so I figured I'd share my little moment as I once again try to get started! Looking forward to getting involved in this online community for shared thoughts, strategies and most importantly positive support!
  • JVClubs
    JVClubs Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    was at 320 Pounds Saw a Girl and knew she never date me so went on this journey to work my *kitten* off doing crossfit and get her 10 months later lost 136 pounds and i got her

ur a beast
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    Options
    Hello! I have used Myfitnesspal on and off for many years, whenever I am using it I do great, then I get complacent and sometimes I just go completely off the wagon for a number of reasons. I was listening to an NPR Ted radio hour podcast yesterday morning and it was about "why we lie" and it was very fascinating but the reason I bring it up here is that there was a segment where they talked about how when we don't follow through with our goals and things we choose to do we are actually deceiving ourselves, lying to ourselves, basically not keeping our word. Now of course we have all had that "lying to ourselves" moment when we make eyes at a big piece of cheesecake we decided to get after a big meal at a restaurant and promise tomorrow is another day. But I never really thought about it in the context of who I am as a person, am I a person of my word? That really gave me pause and I knew instantly that my desire to maintain my personal integrity is HUGE and that I strive so hard in life to not make any promises I can not keep to other people and always to be there to support people around me. So then why does it seem like the person who arguably is pretty key to my life (myself obviously) is the one person I seem to have absolutely no problem essentially making false promises, not following through with "projects"/goals and essentially having no rational self control at times in following through on important lifestyle and health decisions. I suppose it is the lack of fear of that societal reaction that "you are a liar, you let me down" that lets ourselves get away with it ... I don't know ... it is complicated but interesting concept so I figured I'd share my little moment as I once again try to get started! Looking forward to getting involved in this online community for shared thoughts, strategies and most importantly positive support!
    THis is great!!!! Something I've never thought of. But will pass on!!!!
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I do not have any money for plastic surgery to look younger. Without money, my weight is the only thing about my appearance that I have control over.
  • nxiety
    nxiety Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My drive is multi-faceted; the biggest reason is I made a conscious decision that I would rather do everything in my power to be the person I wanted to be, including dying in the attempt, instead of being the person I was becoming.