Where to eat in NYC around Times Square?

Options
13»

Replies

• ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I know they are chains and tourist trappy but I am a tourist! I go to New York for shows at least twice a year and understand not wanting to leave the area... There is a TgiFridays, ruby tuesdays and Bubba gump shrimp that should have healthy and kid friendly options
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I know they are chains and tourist trappy but I am a tourist! I go to New York for shows at least twice a year and understand not wanting to leave the area... There is a TgiFridays, ruby tuesdays and Bubba gump shrimp that should have healthy and kid friendly options

tumblr_inline_mqvj3pxI2t1qz4rgp.gif

i bet you'd go to rome and go to the mcdonalds that's across from the pantheon
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    nope - don't eat at McDonald's... remember I am Canadian so your chains are not available here... I often am eating alone - so I like the fact that the waiters at Bubba Gump's will stop and ask you pop quiz questions about the movie... there is a decent salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays and I find I can get lost easily in the crowd at TGI Friday's...
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Planet Hollywood is where me and my family ate on our first trip to NYC. Well first non-mission trip. When dad was first dating stepmom and we travelled to meet the family. Was AWESOME and really cool experience.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    We decided to go today instead so we'll wing it I guess. I only had a 200 calories breakfast in preparation. We'll see :laugh:
  • pope66682
    pope66682 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    guysamerican.com
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Other "tourist" restaurants family friendly -

Ruby Foos
    Ellens Stardust Diner - over priced, but fun for the kids.

Someone recommended BlueFin which is good, but pricey.
  • Francl27
    Options
    We ended up going to Un deux trois café. It was good and I got to have some cheesecake... Although it wasn't made with cream cheese. What is NY cheesecake usually made of?
  • Francl27
    Options
    It sorta had the consistency of ricotta or cottage cheese. It was different from what I'm used to, but quite good.
  • criticaltodd
    Options
    Saw this late but, if you can, get out of Times Square-- it's the worst and least authentic area in the city. Just terrible.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    As a native, I would say don't eat anywhere around Times Square! If you head west to Hell's Kitchen, I love Pio Pio at 44th and 10th, Briciola at 51st and 9th

For good cheesecake, I say go to the Upper East Side to 2 Little Red Hens
  • criticaltodd
    Options
    As a native, I would say don't eat anywhere around Times Square!
    Exactly.

For cheesecake, there is Junior's close by Times Square and they're pretty good.