Finished a very low calorie diet - what next?

Options

Replies

• amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Not necessarily because other foods don't have the properties that brown rice does.

Specifically which properties? I have a biochem background. Be as specific as you like.
  • amwbox
    Options

People are basically telling me i'm stupid so i posted up the benefits as i was told them before hand, and what i've seen since. Don't expect people to make me feel like a fool and not respond. Get a grip, love. I lift, i eat well (well, not for the last couple of months, hence a cleanse), i follow IIFYM, but i decided to try something different.

"What's that? Something different? BURN THE WITCH!!!!!"

Well, you are correct about the dogmatism around here. You have to follow the common wisdom, or people start telling you that you are going to die, should go to the hospital, etc etc. Things like "starvation mode" and lean muscle burn....*WILDLY* exaggerated.

But, to be fair, when people start talking about the detoxifying properties, without chemical specifics, of some common food...its sounds like mysticism as opposed to science.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    TIL: brown rice fixes premature ejaculation.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    From the propaganda you posted, it is clearly a fad despite the fact that you say you did not use it for weight loss.

WTF iS wrong with you? I'm not spouting propaganda. i'm not putting up any links. READ ALL THE POSTS. I said i've done it, i liked the results, but i won't be doing it again anytime soon.

People are basically telling me i'm stupid so i posted up the benefits as i was told them before hand, and what i've seen since. Don't expect people to make me feel like a fool and not respond. Get a grip, love. I lift, i eat well (well, not for the last couple of months, hence a cleanse), i follow IIFYM, but i decided to try something different.

"What's that? Something different? BURN THE WITCH!!!!!"
    What do you mean, what's wrong with me? I've been thinking the same thing about you with your belief in all those things the brown rice cleanse does for a person. And, I'm not love, thank you. :wink:

Maybe propaganda was the wrong word to use, but what do you call that long list of benefits that you have posted?

Nobody is telling you are stupid, but they are posting to the subject matter you posted. People can't make us feel like a fool or anything else, but we can choose to feel those ways.

If you lift, do IIFYM, and know the benefits of each, why try and fix what is not broken? You say you didn't do it to lose weight, but you had to have known you'd lose weight on such low calories.

Of course if you start eating your calories you were eating before the cleanse you are bound to gain some weight back. That was not all fat you lost but some water weight because one pound equals 3500 calories.

I really think you should speak to a doctor.

In any event, I in no way intended to make you feel bad. The best of luck to you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    ^that link above should help you understand what you are referring to in your original post and whether it applies to your ten days and what you should do about it or think about going forward.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    triple post to distract from all the red herrings in here.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I really think you should speak to a doctor.

Should but won't, I can't see a doctor being impressed and I think the OP knows that already.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about, I've had benders that went on for ten days and people are telling the guy he needs to seek medical attention for eating some rice?

To the OP - My humble opinion is don't worry about it. Chat with the folks you trust who have done it before to get some real advice from people that know. I wouldn't even second guess the after effects, you lost some weight, a bit of it will likely just be water weight from a sodium restricted diet, when you go back to normal you'll still find yourself a little lighter and feeling better.

So many fitness experts with so many great bits of advice but the dude ate some rice for a few days... if this was dangerous I am confident one of the Asian nations would have noticed it.

Who cares if the rice cleansed you or not? No one else had to eat the stuff and you feel better.

Good luck!
  • deanjcrawford
    deanjcrawford Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i thought this thread would turn into a slanging match by children who wouldn't answer my actual question.

As far as I'm aware there doesn't seem to be much of this in the thread, you have posted a controversial subject and must have as you said expected a debate.

I didn't, i asked how will my body react after eating low calorie for 10 days.
  • deanjcrawford
    Options
    What do you mean, what's wrong with me? I've been thinking the same thing about you with your belief in all those things the brown rice cleanse does for a person. And, I'm not love, thank you. :wink:

I don't believe everyone should do a cleanse. I believe that i did one and my skin looks great. Rigger asked me the benefits of cleanse, i posted them. Someone else asked me why brown rice, i posted that too.

Sure, i knew i would lose some weight eating low cal, but i didn't expect to be eating SO low. You were supposed to eat when hungry, so i did. THis coupled with rigorous exercise made me lose a lot more than i thought.

And like i said, i have been eating crap for the last two months so thought a cleanse was a good idea, and it was. All the booze and takeaways feels a million miles away.

I repeat, i did not do this for weight loss. yes, that happens, but i did it to see if i would feel better as was claimed by my yoga group and i do. I don't really see what is wring with that and why all the fuss. A lot of you are making it sound like i'm trying to convert you to some sort of cult when i'm doing nothing of the sort!!
  • deanjcrawford
    Options

Who cares if the rice cleansed you or not? No one else had to eat the stuff and you feel better.

Good luck!

Thank you mate!
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    By eating one type of food, your body only has to digest one thing. This means energy usually used to digest food, can be redirected and used to heal, cleanse and repair the body.

If I were to assume for a moment that this was true, why couldn't your cleanse diet have been any single food with a decent amount of fiber? All apples? All carrots? Etc. etc. The arguments just don't make any sense, and your benefits experienced, while that is great for you, are likely just a placebo effect.

Anyway, the person who mentioned the sponge analogy has it spot on. Most of the weight you lost was in water, etc. and will come back as soon as you resume a normal diet. While it may be disheartening to see on a scale, it wasn't fat loss to begin with so it's not like you're gaining anything back as you didn't lose it in the first place.
  • deanjcrawford
    Options
    Hi, welcome. Thanks for reading the whole thread. Oh, wait a minute. No you didn't or your question would have already been answered.

If I were to assume for a moment that this was true, why couldn't your cleanse diet have been any single food with a decent amount of fiber? All apples? All carrots?

● The complex carbohydrates from brown rice, metabolise and deliver energy giving sugars slowly. This the difference between fruits who have simple sugars. These metabolise fast, and therefore produce highs and lows in energy.
    The arguments just don't make any sense, and your benefits experienced, while that is great for you, are likely just a placebo effect.

Are you saying the weight loss is like a placebo and go back on? If so, i'm not bothered as the cleanse wasn't for weight loss, but thanks for your contribution.

Anyway, the person who mentioned the sponge analogy has it spot on. Most of the weight you lost was in water, etc. and will come back as soon as you resume a normal diet. While it may be disheartening to see on a scale, it wasn't fat loss to begin with so it's not like you're gaining anything back as you didn't lose it in the first place.

Read my response above. Not worried about weight loss, did it to cleanse.
  • amwbox
    Options
    ● The complex carbohydrates from brown rice, metabolise and deliver energy giving sugars slowly. This the difference between fruits who have simple sugars. These metabolise fast, and therefore produce highs and lows in energy.

OK. So, given the countless forms of complex carbs we can eat at any time...what SPECIFICALLY makes brown rice special?
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

It's a method of giving the digestive system a rest.  By eating one type of food, your body 
    only  has  to  digest  one  thing.  This  means  energy  usually  used  to  digest  food,  can  be 
    redirected and used to heal, cleanse and repair the body. 

SAY WHAA??
  • deanjcrawford
    Options

OK. So, given the countless forms of complex carbs we can eat at any time...what SPECIFICALLY makes brown rice special?

Either that or are looking for a fight. You've quoted the bloody reason as to why rice, then you ask again?

Do a broccoli cleanse. Do a kitchen sponge cleanse, i don't care. I did a brown rice cleanse because of the reasons stated above.

But that isn't the point of the thread now, is it? But i guess we don't want to talk about that....
  • deanjcrawford
    Options
    To everyone that is thinking of contributing to this thread...

Hi, thanks for coming. But unless you can give me advice with MY ACTUAL QUESTION IN THE FIRST POST, please don't bother and go to the chit chat section and talk about who you would marry, date, kill or whatever.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.