Finished a very low calorie diet - what next?

Options

Replies

• PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Sorry your post got taken over by such snarky people. :flowerforyou:
    It seems like whenever someone asks a question on here, they're all quick to jump on you instead of actually answering the question in a positive and constructive way.

There's seriously some uppity people on these boards, y'all need to calm down. :sick:

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It seems like whenever someone asks a question on here, they're all quick to jump on you instead of actually answering the question in a positive and constructive way.

There's seriously some uppity people on these boards, y'all need to calm down. :sick:

star-trek-next-generation-drink.gif
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Any "weight" you "lost" in a 10-day cleanse, or low-calorie binge or whatever it is you did, is NOT "weight loss". At most you lost maybe 3 pounds of fat. The rest is water, glycogen, etc.

It's like you squeezed a wet sponge, then stuck the sponge back in water and you want to know how to keep it from filling up.

You can't.

You didn't really "damage" anything in 10 days, at least not metabolically.

So you go back to a regular eating plan. If you are in energy balance, then any actual fat that you lost may well stay lost-at least for a while. The majority of your "weight loss" was due to transient fluid shifts, and that will resolve itself by its own accord once you resume a normal eating pattern.
  • deanjcrawford
    deanjcrawford Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just want to know what toxins were cleansed, and how brown rice accomplished this feat.

Rigger

Rigger, if you're genuinely interested, here is the info. Might i add, i would NEVER do this for longer than 10 days. People seem to be getting confused thinking that i do this all the time. i don't. I'm generally a fat git who thought the opportunity to cleanse my system from all the food and booze i drink sounded like a good idea. For 10 days. Not for a lifetime. I was just genuinely surprised by how much weight i lost, yet i think a lot of that had to do with the big meal i ate before i weighed myself and possibly some muscle lost, but i actually got stronger so i don't know what's going on there.

"Why do a cleanse? 

It's a method of giving the digestive system a rest.  By eating one type of food, your body 
    only  has  to  digest  one  thing.  This  means  energy  usually  used  to  digest  food,  can  be 
    redirected and used to heal, cleanse and repair the body. 

The Ohsawa  diet  is recommended for 10 days.  Usually, 7 days of cleansing wipes the 
    slate  clean.  Your  body  is  usually  fully  cleansed,  reset  and  ready  to  run.  However, 
    depending on how toxic you are, 10 days makes sure most people receive the full benefits 
    of the cleanse. 

Effects of the Oshawa cleanse 
    1. Intensive  purification  &  massive  detox,  elimination  of  toxins accumulated in body 
    tissue (unpleasant physiological reactions) 
    2. What  if  i  am  already healthy?  This will refresh and give a general cleanse of the 
    body. 
    3. Purify the energy system.  Cleansing the NADIS .   
    4. Kapha  dosha (phlegm)  is reduced  which  hinders  the  movement  of energy in the 
    body.  This  purification results  =  significantly  immediate  clarification and  clarity of 
    mind; 
    5. Digestion improves significantly 
    6. Hormone secretions are regulated, 
    7. The skin is clean and bright. 
    8. Eyes are brighter with an unexplained power and lust for life, often foreign to them. 
    9. Excellent method to regulate weight, without starvation. 
    10. What if you’re underweight?  10 days of the Oshawa cleanse can normalize weigh t.
    11. Resistance to extreme hot and cold temperatures are amplified.   
    12. Sweating & body odours are reduced. 
    13. Yang status of the cleanse helps us to feel that we can better control our emotions. 
    14. For  those  who  are  addicted  to  drugs  or  toxic  substances  (alcohol,  coffee, 
    recreational drugs etc) the number 7 regime detoxifies the body. 
    15. INTENSE HEALING 
    16. Enhances  the  control  over  the  sexual  and  vital  energy,  is  effective  in  fighting 
    premature ejaculation"

• deanjcrawford
    Options
    A lot of you may see that as voodoo, but i don't care. I'm open for trying all manner of things and seeing what works for me. What i do know is that my skin looks great and i feel great. I just wanted some advice about returning to my normal eating methods and wanted to know what to expect from my body as i do so.
  • deanjcrawford
    Options
    Sheesh. That sounds like it was rough.

Well, the good news is that if you can stick to this super restrictive cleanse for 10 days, you can pretty much do anything!

It's likely that you have only truly lost a pound or two, and the rest will come back as you revert to your normal intake. There really isn't anything you can do to avoid that.

Fair enough, that's all i wanted to know really. Thanks.
  • deanjcrawford
    Options
    Any "weight" you "lost" in a 10-day cleanse, or low-calorie binge or whatever it is you did, is NOT "weight loss". At most you lost maybe 3 pounds of fat. The rest is water, glycogen, etc.

It's like you squeezed a wet sponge, then stuck the sponge back in water and you want to know how to keep it from filling up.

You can't.

You didn't really "damage" anything in 10 days, at least not metabolically.

So you go back to a regular eating plan. If you are in energy balance, then any actual fat that you lost may well stay lost-at least for a while. The majority of your "weight loss" was due to transient fluid shifts, and that will resolve itself by its own accord once you resume a normal eating pattern.

Perfect, thanks.

Like i say, it wasn't undertaken for weight loss but i'm not going to complain about it.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    You can't use certain words here without getting jumped on. You hit a lot of em-- cleanse, toxins, very low calorie.

My opinion- You did no damage, bodies don't 'cling to calories', eat normally and enjoy your nice skin. :flowerforyou:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Is that really all you have to say? I mean, come on. People are responding to what the OP wrote.

Where's your advice to the OP?

As for my advice to you, OP- can you see in hindsight that what you ate was a very low calorie diet of brown rice and that what you did was not an actual cleanse? Organic brown rice is delicious but it has no special properties.

I understand you feel good that you lost some weight, even though you say you did not do the cleanse for the purpose of "dieting"," but chances are you will gain some of it back. If all you ate was brown rice, you deprived your body of nutrition and essential macros such as fat and protein (but you had plenty of carbs! :bigsmile: ). Your body will thank you when you begin fueling it properly again.

By the way, why did you do this cleanse if not for weight loss?

I advise that you talk to your doctor.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Brown rice does have some fat and protein.

OP- Are you pretty sure you only ate 700-1000 calories a day? That's like 3-4 cups of cooked brown rice. That's not much.
  • deanjcrawford
    Options

As for my advice to you, OP- can you see in hindsight that what you ate was a very low calorie diet of brown rice and that what you did was not an actual cleanse? Organic brown rice is delicious but it has no special properties.

Why brown rice? 

Brown rice great for this cleanse due to a number of reasons: 

● It is high in fibre 
    ● Excellent for cleansing the colon 
    ● Acts  like  a  pipe  cleaner  in  your  intestine,  grabbing  nasty  toxins,  pollutants, 
    chemicals and pesticides. 
    ● It's  a  gentler  method  of  fasting  /  cleansing.  It's  soothing,  more  stabilising  and 
    grounding. 
    ● The complex carbohydrates from brown rice, metabolise and deliver energy giving 
    sugars slowly.  This the difference between fruits who have simple sugars.  These 
    metabolise fast, and therefore produce highs and lows in energy. 
    ● Brown  rice  detox  symptoms  are  less  severe than other cleanses, however  some 
    people still experience them 

Like i said before...

Why do a cleanse? 

It's a method of giving the digestive system a rest.  By eating one type of food, your body 
    only  has  to  digest  one  thing.  This  means  energy  usually  used  to  digest  food,  can  be 

The Ohsawa  diet  is recommended for 10 days.  Usually, 7 days of cleansing wipes the 
    slate  clean.  Your  body  is  usually  fully  cleansed,  reset  and  ready  to  run.  However, 
    depending on how toxic you are, 10 days makes sure most people receive the full benefits 
    of the cleanse. 

1. Intensive  purification  &  massive  detox,  elimination  of  toxins accumulated in body 
    2. What  if  i  am  already healthy?  This will refresh and give a general cleanse of the 
    body. 
    4. Kapha  dosha (phlegm)  is reduced  which  hinders  the  movement  of energy in the 
    body.  This  purification results  =  significantly  immediate  clarification and  clarity of 
    mind; 
    8. Eyes are brighter with an unexplained power and lust for life, often foreign to them. 
    10. What if you’re underweight?  10 days of the Oshawa cleanse can normalize weigh t.
    13. Yang status of the cleanse helps us to feel that we can better control our emotions. 
    14. For  those  who  are  addicted  to  drugs  or  toxic  substances  (alcohol,  coffee, 
    15. INTENSE HEALING 
    16. Enhances  the  control  over  the  sexual  and  vital  energy,  is  effective  in  fighting 
    premature ejaculation.
  • deanjcrawford
    Options

OP- Are you pretty sure you only ate 700-1000 calories a day? That's like 3-4 cups of cooked brown rice. That's not much.

No, i'm not 100% sure as it's all estimates. I just know that i ate when i felt hungry to 80% full. I ate way more rice at the start then i did towards the end, but i just tried to estimate how much rice i had and divided it by ten.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    It was ten days. If our ancestors needed a doctor or any special care from anyone at all after 10 days of insufficient food, none of us would even be here. You'll be fine.

I doubt you need to do anything special except resist any urges to devour family size orders of pizza, and yeah, you'll probably gain some weight, but it's water, because you likely depleted your glycogen stores while you were low cal.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Yes it does, but I would not say it is enough to where you can eat all brown rice and meet your macros.
  • deanjcrawford
    Options

Yes it does, but I would not say it is enough to where you can eat all brown rice and meet your macros.

You won't hit your macros. Did you read my reply as to why cleanse with brown rice or are you just choosing to ignore it?
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Why brown rice? 

● It is high in fibre 
    ● Acts  like  a  pipe  cleaner  in  your  intestine,  grabbing  nasty  toxins,  pollutants, 
    ● It's  a  gentler  method  of  fasting  /  cleansing.  It's  soothing,  more  stabilising  and 
    grounding. 
    ● The complex carbohydrates from brown rice, metabolise and deliver energy giving 
    sugars slowly.  This the difference between fruits who have simple sugars.  These 
    ● Brown  rice  detox  symptoms  are  less  severe than other cleanses, however  some 

Like i said before...

Why do a cleanse? 

of the cleanse. 

body. 
    mind; 
    15. INTENSE HEALING 
    premature ejaculation.
    Thanks for sharing all this.

There is no doubt that brown rice is good, but it is not a cleanse anymore than a bunch of broccoli is-both will make you poddy when eaten in excess.

All that stuff about the Oshawa Cleanse- sorry, that is a fad and misleading. There is no reason to cleanse your body because your body normally cleanses itself.
  • LucasEVille
    Options
    8. Eyes are brighter with an unexplained power and lust for life, often foreign to them.

I think number 8 got me a slap in a club once, it must have just been the vodka clense I was on.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you have a fully functioning liver and kidneys you do not need a cleanse. Brown rice really doesn't have magical properties. It's true that brown rice has more fiber in it than white rice, but the other nutrients that it has that white rice doesn't is in the fiber and not bioreadily available to humans. Fiber is in a variety of foods and you need soluable and insoluable fiber. You are correct that fiber "Acts like a pipe cleaner in your intestine", but pollutants, chemicals and pesticides don't just hang out in there.

There are no toxins that your body holds onto that your body needs assistance removing (well there are, but you'd be rushed to the ER for those). Toxin is a marketing term (created to make you think of toxic poison) and cleanse is another name for a socially acceptable form of anorexia. Our bodies naturally detoxify every day through our colon, liver, kidneys, skin and even our lungs. If our bodies needed help we would have died by now.
  • deanjcrawford
    Options

Why brown rice? 

● It is high in fibre 
    grounding. 

Like i said before...

Why do a cleanse? 

of the cleanse. 

body. 
    mind; 
    15. INTENSE HEALING 
    premature ejaculation.
    Thanks for sharing all this.

There is no doubt that brown rice is good, but it is not a cleanse anymore than a bunch of broccoli is-both will make you poddy when eaten in excess.

All that stuff about the Oshawa Cleanse- sorry, that is a fad and misleading. There is no reason to cleanse your body because your body normally cleanses itself.

Well, that's your opinion. I'm sure you'll find someone who will criticize and not believe in EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE. Do you eat meat? There's people that say you shouldn't eat meat. Don't eat meat? People say you should eat meat. You say broccoli will do the same? Other people will say the opposite.

I've given you the reasons why a brown rice cleanse works and why it's good to do a cleanse. I feel great and look much better. 10 days is not going to kill you. i tried it, i'm glad i did. i won't be doing it again anytime soon. i didn't do it for weight loss, that's a bonus.
  • LucasEVille
    Options
    Well, that's your opinion. I'm sure you'll find someone who will criticize and not believe in EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE.

No its not an opinion, its called science. We haven't spent years of research and money to have it cast out.

Just to confirm this is science:
    If you have a fully functioning liver and kidneys you do not need a cleanse. There are no toxins that your body holds onto that your body needs assistance removing (well there are, but you'd be rushed to the ER for those). Toxin is a marketing term (created to make you think of toxic poison) and cleanse is another name for a socially acceptable form of anorexia. Our bodies naturally detoxify every day through our colon, liver, kidneys, skin and even our lungs. If our bodies needed help we would have died by now.

And to further confirm this is broscience.... Aka a falicy to sell you an idea:
    Effects of the Oshawa cleanse
    1. Intensive purification & massive detox, elimination of toxins accumulated in body
    tissue (unpleasant physiological reactions)
    2. What if i am already healthy? This will refresh and give a general cleanse of the
    body.
    3. Purify the energy system. Cleansing the NADIS .
    4. Kapha dosha (phlegm) is reduced which hinders the movement of energy in the
    body. This purification results = significantly immediate clarification and clarity of
    mind;
    5. Digestion improves significantly
    6. Hormone secretions are regulated,
    7. The skin is clean and bright.
    8. Eyes are brighter with an unexplained power and lust for life, often foreign to them.
    9. Excellent method to regulate weight, without starvation.
    10. What if you’re underweight? 10 days of the Oshawa cleanse can normalize weigh t.
    11. Resistance to extreme hot and cold temperatures are amplified.
    12. Sweating & body odours are reduced.
    13. Yang status of the cleanse helps us to feel that we can better control our emotions.
    14. For those who are addicted to drugs or toxic substances (alcohol, coffee,
    recreational drugs etc) the number 7 regime detoxifies the body.
    15. INTENSE HEALING
    16. Enhances the control over the sexual and vital energy, is effective in fighting
    premature ejaculation"

With the possible exception of 5 because of the fibre from the brown rice..... Which you could have got anyway in a normal healthy diet by adding the brown rice.
This discussion has been closed.