Greek Yogurt

Options
I love greek yogurt as a snack. I usually eat plain, with fruit on top. Recently, I'm getting a bit sick of just berries and yogurt. Any other good and healthy "add ins"

I tend to stay away from yogurts with fruit already in them because of the unnecessary sugars.

:)

Replies

• melnorwich
    melnorwich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i like a mug of chopped up apple with yoghurt and loads of cinnamon.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Nuts, chocolate chips, nilla wafers
  • ontherightpath14
    ontherightpath14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    cereal or granola on top!!!!
  • Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    Options
    I mix mine with protein powder and cocoa for an awesome post workout chocolate pudding. You can add sweetener if you want, but I don't anymore. I've gotten used to it.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon
    Reese's Pieces
    Granola
    Nuts/seeds (toasted)
    Jam
    Peanut butter
    Graham cracker crumbs
    Cereal (I like honey nut cheerios)
    Mini chocolate chips
  • becajb
    becajb Posts: 50
    Options
    I often bake it with fruit to mix it up consistency wise and then it feels like a real desert.

A recipe can be found here: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/4814/berry+yoghurt+bake

I also exchange the honey for Stevia to keep the calories down
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A cocoa nut butter like Nutella - if that's too much sugar, Justin's makes one with a lot less, or you could just use PB. Flax seeds, other nuts and seeds. Go savory and make a raita - cucumber, salt, garam masala. Granola or similar. I know some people add protein powder but I think the texture is just weird.
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    different flavored protein powders, PB2,
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love it with PB2 and a bit of stevia.

That yogurt bake looks unbelievable.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I love Fage nonfat or 2% with a tblsp of honey, cinnamon and a tblsp of chopped walnuts!
    Yummo!!!!!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I have mine with a scoop of vanilla protein powder mixed in and then sprinkle it with coconut or walnuts. Makes a fabulous dessert!
  • Shovelita
    Shovelita Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I made some non-sweet salad dressings like spicy mustard and lemon pepper with greek yogurt. it's really thick, but dressing is my favorite part of salad anyway so I don't mind.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love greek yoghurt and already have it in my diary as a snakc for when I get back from the gym.

I use it in loads of things, from salad toppings to dips, to pasta sauces...but as a lone snack here are some of the things I mix it with, depending on how healthy or indulgent I want to be...

Fruit - any. Though did try it with melon once and that wasn't too good.
    Granola
    Mini marshmallows (you can make a fabulous Eton Mess style dessert for barely any calories)
    Meringue
    Syrup/honey/jam/etc
    Whey powders - I mix in my vanilla whey if I need a protein boost and it tastes like cheesecake
    With sugar free jelly

I also use it as an icecream/cream replacement with desserts.

As you can guess this is a fridge staple of mine! :smile:
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    It's just a little sugar. Humans thrive on sugar! I like to have mine with apples and followed up with some dry cereal. Cereal with delicious sugar, like Cookie Crisp.
  • MSS0806
    MSS0806 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love ground flax seed/chia seed mix on plain Greek Yogurt.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Try food processing it with a frozen banana...YUM if you want to go real crazy add a tsp of nutella!!! YUMMMM