Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Greek Yogurt

I love greek yogurt as a snack. I usually eat plain, with fruit on top. Recently, I'm getting a bit sick of just berries and yogurt. Any other good and healthy "add ins"

I tend to stay away from yogurts with fruit already in them because of the unnecessary sugars.

:)

Replies

• melnorwich
    melnorwich Posts: 60 Member
    i like a mug of chopped up apple with yoghurt and loads of cinnamon.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Nuts, chocolate chips, nilla wafers
  • ontherightpath14
    ontherightpath14 Posts: 35 Member
    cereal or granola on top!!!!
  • Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    I mix mine with protein powder and cocoa for an awesome post workout chocolate pudding. You can add sweetener if you want, but I don't anymore. I've gotten used to it.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Cinnamon
    Reese's Pieces
    Granola
    Nuts/seeds (toasted)
    Jam
    Peanut butter
    Graham cracker crumbs
    Cereal (I like honey nut cheerios)
    Mini chocolate chips
  • becajb
    becajb Posts: 50
    I often bake it with fruit to mix it up consistency wise and then it feels like a real desert.

A recipe can be found here: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/4814/berry+yoghurt+bake

I also exchange the honey for Stevia to keep the calories down
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    A cocoa nut butter like Nutella - if that's too much sugar, Justin's makes one with a lot less, or you could just use PB. Flax seeds, other nuts and seeds. Go savory and make a raita - cucumber, salt, garam masala. Granola or similar. I know some people add protein powder but I think the texture is just weird.
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    different flavored protein powders, PB2,
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I love it with PB2 and a bit of stevia.

That yogurt bake looks unbelievable.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    I love Fage nonfat or 2% with a tblsp of honey, cinnamon and a tblsp of chopped walnuts!
    Yummo!!!!!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I have mine with a scoop of vanilla protein powder mixed in and then sprinkle it with coconut or walnuts. Makes a fabulous dessert!
  • Shovelita
    Shovelita Posts: 21 Member
    I made some non-sweet salad dressings like spicy mustard and lemon pepper with greek yogurt. it's really thick, but dressing is my favorite part of salad anyway so I don't mind.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    I love, love, love greek yoghurt and already have it in my diary as a snakc for when I get back from the gym.

I use it in loads of things, from salad toppings to dips, to pasta sauces...but as a lone snack here are some of the things I mix it with, depending on how healthy or indulgent I want to be...

Fruit - any. Though did try it with melon once and that wasn't too good.
    Granola
    Mini marshmallows (you can make a fabulous Eton Mess style dessert for barely any calories)
    Meringue
    Syrup/honey/jam/etc
    Whey powders - I mix in my vanilla whey if I need a protein boost and it tastes like cheesecake
    With sugar free jelly

I also use it as an icecream/cream replacement with desserts.

As you can guess this is a fridge staple of mine! :smile:
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    It's just a little sugar. Humans thrive on sugar! I like to have mine with apples and followed up with some dry cereal. Cereal with delicious sugar, like Cookie Crisp.
  • MSS0806
    MSS0806 Posts: 1 Member
    Love ground flax seed/chia seed mix on plain Greek Yogurt.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Try food processing it with a frozen banana...YUM if you want to go real crazy add a tsp of nutella!!! YUMMMM