Fondly remember foods you don't like anymore

Options
124»

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Everyone's posting candies and fast foods...

The only thing I've lost a taste for is canned veggies, even the 'no salt added' kind. Especially green beans.

I used rely on canned veggies... but I got spoiled by getting involved with a co-op and getting a half-bushel of fresh veggies every other week. LOVE the fresh veggies.... Frozen seems to be okay, too... But canned veggies? Blech. Too salty, too mushy, and just gross.
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Reese's peanut butter cups. :frown:

The only candy I ever loved. I made myself read the nutritional info and decided to give them up forever. Then on Mother's Day I actually got SIX bags of PB cups from family members. I was like to freak out on the spot!!! I tossed a bag at each of my four kids, my nephew and the last bag to my Mom. Then said thank you to everyone for the thoughts and please don't ever do that again!!!!!

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!
    blasphemy-o.gif

how_to_make_reese_peanut_butter_cups_-_easy_steps.jpg

I made homemade ones for my husband one year, they're his favorite candy. They were AMAZING and relatively easy to make (although messy!) I used natural peanut butter and Ghirardelli chocolate. He was pretty impressed and they tasted so much better than the oily pucks Reese's sells.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

All things I used to eat DAILY as a kid. I remember I had a cosmic brownie like 3 years ago, I was SO siked. I couldn't even finish it. Grossss

Yours reminds me of one that had nothing at all to do with cleaning up my diet. Moon Pies! Used to love them, until my parents tightened the budget and started doing all the shopping at Sam's. You really can only eat so many of those things.

I don't think I've had one in over 20 years.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    My favorite tacos from my favorite Mexican food place don't taste the same anymore. :frown: Happily, their tamales still taste fantastic.

I'm not much into Ghirardelli milk chocolate squares of any kind, and almost all of the candy bars I used to love. Including Butterfingers and Reese's cups, which used to be so blissful. Why... Because I can make these...
    i-5bLtJ4p-S.jpg

In general, my taste for lower-quality convenience foods is diminished. I go for smaller quantities of the higher-end cheeses, the specialty ice creams, the intense small-batch dark chocolates. There are no packaged cookies I like anymore, and so on. One exception: Boxed Velveeta macaroni and cheese. Man, I will love that stuff until I die.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    It's not that i don't like it anymore, it just doesn't taste as good as i remember. Sweet and sour Cantonese chicken from my local takeaway. It's so salty.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I still eat what I used to eat, just in better portions and less often.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    nope, not a thing
  • Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Reese's Peanut Buttercups DO taste disgusting if you don't eat them for a long time and suddenly eat them!

I cannot eat:

Grocery store chain bakery items (esp the frosting! it's shortening, sugar and artificial flavouring that comes in 20 lb tubs! Gross.)

Delivered pizza

Chain restaurant food, including their "healthy items"

Any chocolate that isn't Ritter Sport or See's. Even Cadbury is horrible to me now.

Any ice cream from the grocery store except Haagen Dazs.

Any frozen entrees except California PIzza Kitchen BBQ chicken pizza.

Any pre-packaged cookies

I've eliminated a lot of foods by sugar fasting and then trying to re-introduce it. I just couldn't for the vast majority of things that I used to love and dream about. It took a month of not having it to change my taste.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I picked up a horrible stomach bug after eating Brach's hard candies once. Haven't been able to eat them since. Kind of tempted to figure out a way to repeat that conditioning with everything chocolate...
  • Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ALL GRANOLA BARS. Not filling at all and seem to stimulate my appetite for junk.

Protein bars are where it's at now.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

I used rely on canned veggies... but I got spoiled by getting involved with a co-op and getting a half-bushel of fresh veggies every other week. LOVE the fresh veggies.... Frozen seems to be okay, too... But canned veggies? Blech. Too salty, too mushy, and just gross.

I'm with you on that one, too. We do not have a single can of veggies in my house right now and I used to rely on them as well. I do enjoy frozen vegetables, though, especially when there aren't a lot of good fresh veg options in the store (midwinter). Fresh or frozen for me, definitely. I used to really like canned peas and now I just taste metal can.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The smell of barbecue physically nauseates me. I will actually cover my nose and mouth if it's nearby. Oreo cookies used to be my favorite food on the planet – I don't mind the chocolate cookie part, but I would throw the filling in the trash now.