My TRUE Fitness Pal! Post Yours!

Gershwyn
Gershwyn Posts: 88
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
shady2.jpg
This is Shady. She is not the sharpest tool in the shed, and she has a bit of an arthritic hock-joint from having it chewed on by a German Shepherd when she was a pup, but she is both indefatigable and unrelenting.

Replies

• camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    beyond cute! I so love dogs and they are great to walk with and help you excercise
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    She is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Awwww gorgeous .... you have just made me miss my little pup sat at home waiting for my return lol
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    OMG toooo cute! How do you get pics to load onto posts?
  • My 6 year old son, Jacob is my fitness pal. He loves riding his bike while I walk so now I walk to his school and walk home while he rides. Even when it is cold and I'm feeling lazy I know I have to walk that mile often carrying my toddler so I don't disappoint him. Jacob is in soccer and I used to have to sit on the patio and tell him how to kick and do drills. Now that I'm thinner I get out in the yard with him three times a week and play soccer with him. We have added hiking 40 minutes on the weekend while my daughter takes her nap at home with my husband. Jake starts asking "Are we hiking tomorrow?" in the middle of the week because he is so excited. The best thing about losing weight is being an active mom for my son.
  • Beautiful dog!

Mine is a heinz 57. When we rescued him, he had suffered a bad chemical burn from a bad batch of flea and tick topical, his name is Wembley.

ry400.jpg?t=1289318156
    ry410.jpg?t=1289318132
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I laughed when I read your post!! I too have three and sometimes four furry kids when I run or walk out here in the country! I first started with a Beagle/border collie, then my in-laws white with black mixture of border collie/ dalmation? moved in, THEN this early summer the neighbors springer spaniel decided he liked our farm better so he adopted us and then my 3 yr old grandson comes to the farm for a few days per week (his momma is a 13 hour shift nurse) and when he come he brings his 7 month old schnauzer !!!! We probably give a good laugh to those who come down our country rodes and see me four to five miles from home pushing a baby jogger with child AND the schnauzer in it and the other three just running along!!! I absolutely hate running without my pooches and living so far in the country they are lucky that they do not have to be leashed!!!
    Happy Healthy trails to you BOTH!!!
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    My mom is my true fitness pal. She has been overweight for my entire life. In the last year she has lost over 60 pounds, which in turn is encouraging my to try to lose weight. We both work for the same university, and she walks around campus every day. My goal is to be able to join her someday (right now, I would never be able to keep up!). She encourages me, and I encourage her. It's great.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Beautiful dog!

Mine is a heinz 57. When we rescued him, he had suffered a bad chemical burn from a bad batch of flea and tick topical, his name is Wembley.

ry400.jpg?t=1289318156
    ry410.jpg?t=1289318132
    Your little guy is ADORABLE!! He looks part BEAGLE/Jack Russel Terrier! How long ago was the chemical burn? Poor baby!!!! I would be rubbing vitamin E on him, it heals and rebuilds tissue! We use it on ALL types of burns !! You both are blessed!!!
  • Awww, too adorable! My true fitness pal is now long gone I'm afraid. His name was Zeppelin, and he was my beautiful basset hound. Now I have Zeke, my lazy, adorable, hug-giving cat! :)
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    My True Fitness Pals are my little one, my friend Katherine, and Gus! I'll try to attach a pic of Gus.....no promises... lol

By the way, Gus and Wembley look like brothers! When the baby saw Wembley on my computer screen he got excited and said, "Gus!" lol

Here goes.....

5161092093_fa082d8481.jpg
    Gus by bayoubabie98, on Flickr
  • Pssst! Bayoubabie98. Post this:

[ img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/5161092093_fa082d8481_z.jpg[ /img]

(without the spaces)

(( Ooops! You got it! ))
  • NutritionDivaRD
    By the way, Gus is also a Heinz57.....we can see that he has some Rat Terrier but other than that we just don't know. A friend of my mom's took in a stray dog with puppies and found them all homes....which is where we got our sweet little guy.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    Pssst! Bayoubabie98. Post this:

[ img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/5161092093_fa082d8481_z.jpg[ /img]

(without the spaces)

Thanks! I was on the phone with my husband (he's the technical one in the family) and suddenly I got it right....on my second try! Whoop! Thanks for the input though! :)
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    It was his sweet lovin' that inspired me to get sexier so I can have what I want, him!

We work out together. He taught me about heart rates, and blood pressures...

We swim and hot tub and sauna and elliptical and eat and drink and sumble and kiss and f***.

We have sooooooooooo much in common it's scary.

I be sad when he goes back over-seas, but I'm happy for the times I have w/ him.

I love him!

ericdean.jpg
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    <
    Lucky. My heart, my love, my babycakes shnookie pie. The best dog I have ever or will ever have :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Your dog is such a sweety. I miss my dog who was 12 years old when she passed.
    I babysat a black lab the other day and it made me realize how much I miss a dog.
    You are very lucky to have that MFP pal. :happy:
  • tee hee. He may keel me for this. (hi honey :flowerforyou: )

My TRUE Fitness Pal is my boyfriend :heart: I wouldn't be here @ MFP if it weren't for him. He keeps me motivated and has always loved me exactly how I am...bigger, thinner, lazy & active.

274.jpg

and this is our DON'T F&&K WITH US face.

285.jpg
  • biglazydog
    biglazydog Posts: 15 Member
    I laughed when I read your post. Yesterday sprained my ankle running with my 80 pound lab shepherd mix 8 month old pup. He decided that squirrel still could be caught with me being dragged on the ground behind him. He did not even realize I was flat on the ground he just kept going. With a sprain how long before you can bet back to running????????
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    DAVEANDI.jpg

47160_10150280715540457_805420456_14651945_3992294_n.jpg

This man is my rock, no matter what I look like he thinks I'm sexy. He doesn't hesitate to tell me how skinny I've been looking lately, even if I don't believe him. We make an awesome team, and I love him with all my heart.

Now lets hope this works!
This discussion has been closed.