HRM watch from Walmart?

Options
13»

Replies

• mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I was just reading online you can get apps on your phone for the heart rate monitor it goes through your bluetooth. :bigsmile:

Those don't read well. My husband tried it.

Bummer...
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! that watch sucks! i bought it, it was completely inaccurate, i returned it the next day, ya, i burned 100 caloires after doing 1 hr of complete cardio, i don't think so!

go for the polar, i hear they are great! ask santa for one, i may!

Is Polar a watch? Or armband?
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    And by expensive, I don't mean a LOT more money. Just not that HRM. Maybe $20 or $30 more. Because think of it this way. If you buy it and don't like it after a few months, then you're going to go out and and buy a new and better one on TOP of already spending the $27. Just my two cents from a lesson learned the hard way! :grumble:
  • stealmydebt
    Options
    I liked this one so much I bought it for my wife. she LOVES it! happy wife > happy life =D
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You all are enablers!!! Now I have to leave the message board & surf the net to see which HRM I want to get. LOL :laugh: My pocketbook is not thanking you.

I just dropped $100 at Walmart on shoes, pedometer, HRM, and a DVD! :laugh:
    If you ask me, it's a small price to pay for better health and a longer life :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! that watch sucks! i bought it, it was completely inaccurate, i returned it the next day, ya, i burned 100 caloires after doing 1 hr of complete cardio, i don't think so!

go for the polar, i hear they are great! ask santa for one, i may!

Is Polar a watch? Or armband?

Polar is a comfortable chest strap, usually sold with a stylish watch display. Mine shows me the calories I'm burning as I burn them, and I feel it is pretty darn accurate. It was $100. With HRMs, I feel that you get what you pay for.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between wearing a HRM all day and a body bugg? Would they both tell you how many total calories you burned? Or am I missing something?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    a body bugg is specifically tailored to monitor calories burned all day. An HRM is made for workouts only