Carrot Fries! (Seriously Good!)

13»

Replies

• jayana23
    jayana23 Posts: 6
    Sounds yummy. I like my carrots raw too with a little guacamole dip on the side, but these fries sound good im going give them a try.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    This sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • Stadtkatze91
    Stadtkatze91 Posts: 23 Member
    @Stadtkatze; where do you get a olive oil with just 80 calories? My olive oil from italy and greece has each 114 calories per table spoon. So, that would make your receipe over 300 calories.

If you can give me the name of your olive oil brand I would love to switch and safe some calories (even these are considered healthy calories).

Oh I just buy it at any regular grocery store in Austria. I just weigh 10ml, which is always enough for me, and that equals 81calories - so I guess it depends on the size of the spoon, if your spoon fits more than 10ml of course it would be more calories! Sorry if that was confusing
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    For sweet potato fries, some people coat them with cornstarch to make them crispier. I wonder if that would work with the carrot fries.

Regardless, grilled carrots are THE TASTIEST and you don't have to cut them up like fries. Just use some petite baby carrots, wrap them in foil with a little salt and seasonings of your choice, and grill them until they just start getting black bits.

I use whole regular carrots. Just trim off the stem, cut them lengthwise if they are very fat, coat with oil and spices and toss right on the grill. Even my picky eater grandson loves grilled carrots.
  • Tingababoo
    Tingababoo Posts: 51 Member
    Hi!

Sorry! Forgot the temp!
    Preheat the oven to 475°F.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    to get really good crispy potato fries (doesn't matter if your going to bake or fry them) best thing to do is wash them with lots of cold water after you've cut them to get rid of the starch and then dry them off in a tea towel before tossing them in the oil and putting them in the oven (or deep frying them if your going to be bad)

don't think it would work the same with the carrots but definitely going to give them a try.

i also like chunky cut butternut squash chips (leaving the skin on), never get as crispy as a normal fry but they're pretty tasty

trying this today. will give them a good rinsing so they get nice & crispy. thanks for the tip!