Junkfood!!!

Options
Hey all, I don´t know what has happened..but lately I have had a super big craving and addiction to junk food. I have done really well the last few months, lost 22 pounds, and never had any cravings for junkfood. But now I find myself craving terribly to the point where if I don´t eat some cookies or sugar, I get very cranky and cave every time. Even when I do indulge, I stay within my alotted calories but I hate the fact that I can´t kick this habbit as easily as I would have hoped. Does anyone have any advice to help with this crazyness? Cheers!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    As long as the majority of your calories are coming from nutrient dense foods, and you are staying within your total calorie limits, there is nothing wrong with indulging from time to time in some so-called junk food. Cookies, candy, ice cream, and even candy/chocolate bars can fit within a well rounded diet and won't stall out your weight loss.

So my advice to kick the craziness is to not stress about it. Make sure you have the calories and go ahead and "cave"!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    If you can indulge, stay within your calorie goals and meet your basic nutritional needs then enjoy. I indulge in whatever food I want on a daily basis, tonight that included beer, yesterday was pasta, day before that was DQ icecream. If you're not planning on giving up that food for the rest of your life, why should you give up that food just because you're trying to lose weight?
  • angiez93
    angiez93 Posts: 63
    Options
    I agree with mathjulz! Do not feel an ounce of guilt for eating the things you like. So long as the majority of your food is nutritious, it's really not a big deal to indulge now and then. And honesty, it keeps you sane.
    I do know where you're coming from though, and a lot of forum posters fail to answer the OP's original question. So, to stay away from junk food if I'm craving it all throughout the day... I usually chew gum, drink a lot of water, suck on some ice, go for a walk... anything to distract me really. Also, if you are becoming quite cranky it may be because your blood sugar is low, and you naturally crave high sugar foods. Be sure that you are eating every few hours to keep your body stable and happy :) Best of luck!
  • catmurray2
    catmurray2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks all really appreciate the info :)
  • ChaiMagic
    ChaiMagic Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's okay to indulge sometimes! Just make sure you're being healthy about it. But if it bothers you that much, go for fruits for sugar cravings. A nice fruit salad tends to kill any sweet cravings I have.

(I'm a pastry chef in training, though, so I totally understand the temptation. Damn you, chocolate!)