2»

Replies

• gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    Thanks for the video links guys!
  • inguvap
    inguvap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love kettlebells and for a few months now, I only do Yoga and kettlebells. I usually do hard style like in dragondoor and I do Kettlebell bootcamp 2 days a week. I am also doing 10 week, 21,000 swing and 5,000 snatch challenge.

Padma.
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    Bump.

Kettlebells are awesome.
  • Erica227
    Erica227 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well, never even thought about the kettlebells till this! Thanks! Going to get it tomorrow!! LOL!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I just did a ketlebell workout the other night and I'm still sore! It's hard to walk, sit on the toilet etc., but I think it's more from doing the squats and I'm not used to that. The kettlebell workout is amazing and it can burn up to around 15 calories a minute depending on what you do. I just looked it up the other day so I could record my calories burned and it did say like 400 per 30 minutes! It's alot but you really do work up a sweat big time. I would definately start with the 5 pounder as the 10 pounder might be a bit much for starting out. I have the 10lb bell as well but I will have to work my way up to that.

I bought the set from kettleoworx.com but any kettlebell and DVD you do will be fine. I also found many exercise moves in magazines like prevention. I think you will enjoy the workout, just make sure to skip a day in between! Good luck!
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have the Danskin Now 10lb Kettlebell . I am able to do all the exercise rather comfortable except the one arm swing, still a lttle wobbly, so I pick up my 5lb weight so I keep the momentum going. What a great burn feeling... I had to wait two days before I could do it again, now I work with them at least 3 times a week. I have a channel called Excercise TV, tonight I found a Jillian workout called Shred IT Weigh IT, she works with a kettlebell. It is a cardio interval.. What A RUSH!!! Going to do that again and again..:wink: , if you can find the eposide I would also recommend that, she may even have a DVD for that, but why waste the money when your tv has it ..
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • heb14
    heb14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI-- usually when they estimate calories burned for kettlebells, it's for exercises with a 20-25 lb kettlebell, so if you're using a 5-10 lb, your calorie burn will be less, but it's still such a great workout anyway. Just plan accordingly!