Foods you don't count

Options
12346»

Replies

• SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i dont log spices unless i KNOW they have calories (am i ignorant and dont know that the ones i use have cals??), i dont log my splenda intake (yeah i know artificial sweeteners are bad).. i dont log my gum.. and usually forget to log an occasional mint after mexican dinner. other then that i log everything. even my vitamins.

oh i havent been logging my melatonin vitamins lately because i didnt know i was gonna use them.. but usually i have at least 30 calories left over so technically they are accounted for. just not logged.

oh and coffee. but isnt coffee zero calorie unless you add stuff? i dont log tea either.. or any zero cal drinks.

I don't know what spices you use, but I was logging some recipes and googled the calories for the spices I used out of sheer curiosity and it was pretty surprising (we're talking up to 30 cals per tablespoon - don't recall which though). Coffee is about 5-8 calories per cup (just black) from what I understand, but I may be mistaken.

Yes some spices may be up to 30 calories per tablespoon - but who ever eats a tablespoon of a spice in one time?? - the tiny bit of pepper you sprinkle on your food or the pinch of nutmeg in your cake recipe - not going to make any difference to your calorie intake that day.

To be fair, I make nearly everything I eat from scratch, so I use a lot of seasoning. I'm also Italian.

I don't track the freshly squeezed orange/grapefruit juice I make.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is the only one I can think of. It's barely got any calories though.