What's your favorite breed of dog?

Options

Replies

• SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    German Shepherds!!! Such loving, loyal and protective dogs! Both of my GSD are rescues, my oldest is 11 got him when he was 7 and he is such a sweet boy and my newest is 9 weeks old got him at 6 weeks old and he LOVES my son!!!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    mu1yi4l5ugw4.png

Love my big ole baby. Siberian Husky... :)
  • dimasj
    dimasj Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I grew up loving Border Collies but now I have rescued a 6lb long-haired black chihuahua and I am in love with my little cuddle bug......
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    We had a Scottie when my kids were young, Great dog. I grew up with Pekingese and plan to get one as a my retirement gift to myself. ( If I ever get to retire!)
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Greyhound, whippet, rat terrier - the skinny, sleek kinds
    I also like "pocket" dogs like chiweenies and wrinkly dogs like pugs and shar peis.
    Nothing super furry because of my allergies.

If I ever get a dog, though, it'll be a Pyrenees/Anatolian mix to guard our livestock. so basically the complete opposite of all the dogs I like :p
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,784 Member
    Options
    I've had so many can't pick just one: Old English Sheepdog, Labrador Retriever, Chihuahua, Great Pyrenees, Australian Shepherd, Belgian Malinois, German Shepherd, Australian Cattle Dog, not to mention a wide assortment of mutts. :smile:
  • SparkyJess3
    Options
    Here are my three boys...one is not a furbaby LOL

t9xiehqeo4qa.jpg

7f69ik87jxem.jpg

• starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My heart belongs to my adopted Shiba, but I grew up with a variety of breeds. I love the saying "My favorite breed is Rescued!"
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options

7f69ik87jxem.jpg

How precious! Love!
  • SparkyJess3
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Steph38878 thank you! <3
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I love all dogs, but favor big dogs. I adore pound puppies, rescues, and muts. :) No breeders for me. I currently have 2 lab mixes. One is lab/pit bull mix (according to the pound papers), but I think she has whippet mixed somewhere in there. My other is a big yellow lab mix, not sure what he's mixed with but he's a huge guy. All my life I've had dogs - Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, Rotties, Dobermans, and even Chihuahua. I'm a crazy dog lady :)

jDhhlRW.jpg
    aXL0bvz.jpg
    3xgogW1.jpg
    ZdRBrbN.jpg
    F7wofpv.jpg
    5nE9wOm.jpg
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of my Miniature Australian Shepard's. They are adorable and bratty. Best of both worlds!
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I love all dogs, but favor big dogs. I adore pound puppies, rescues, and muts. :) No breeders for me. I currently have 2 lab mixes. One is lab/pit bull mix (according to the pound papers), but I think she has whippet mixed somewhere in there. My other is a big yellow lab mix, not sure what he's mixed with but he's a huge guy. All my life I've had dogs - Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, Rotties, Dobermans, and even Chihuahua. I'm a crazy dog lady :)

jDhhlRW.jpg
    aXL0bvz.jpg
    3xgogW1.jpg
    ZdRBrbN.jpg
    F7wofpv.jpg
    5nE9wOm.jpg

Mine are from a breeder, but they were ones that she couldn't get rid of, runts. SO I took them.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    530roman wrote: »
    I love all the *kitten*
    arnold_lol_gif.gif
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    RNGRZulu wrote: »
    Boxers, of course!

wpxi603wahgm.jpg

Your boxer is a beaut!

Boxers are BY FAR the best dogs around!!

• WannaBe1502016
    Options
    I have to say my favorite dog breed it my Yorkshire terrier he is a rescue dog and he is my world. He is my best friend an if I'm down he cheers me up by giving me kisses on the cheek and hugs. His name is Elvis and weighs in at 3# 8oz. But I love all breeds animals keep us young.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    American eskimo
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Dachshund
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Chopper is the best dog (boxer) around!

He is super friendly (maybe too friendly), loves to play, go for walks/car rides and is the best cuddler ever!
    Oh, and he ONLY barks when playing! 6v8qnnnlqpcb.jpg