weigh daily or weekly?

Options
2»

Replies

• sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! I stop losing weight for absolutely no reason sometimes. Last week I lost absolutely nothing. I was the same to the oz yesterday as I was the Sunday before. I had eaten the same... worked out, etc... Then today I was down 2.2 lbs. all the sudden. I don't understand it sometimes, but our body holds on because of hormones, stress or whatever.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts, guys! I have been weighing in daily on my Wii Fit. I don't know how but when I get out of bed in the morning I can tell if I've lost. When I have I just feel lighter and smaller. Don't know why but I'm hardly ever wrong. I've debated whether to go to weekly weigh ins, but the scale is like my compass. I need the security of seeing the numbers and knowing they're going down in general.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the logic of weekly weigh-ins, personally. Those same things that might make your weight fluctuate a few pounds per day happen no matter how often you are stepping on the scale. I would rather know what my weight was for 7 days and be able to see which one was an anomaly than to try to guess if my one measurement for the week is accurate or not. Since we are targeting 2lbs of loss per week maximum (in my case, 1 lb), if my weight fluctuates on a weigh-in day and I'm only doing that once per week, it could be a few weeks before I realize what happened if something is going right or wrong.