8-1200 Cal/Day

Options

Replies

• lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow...is there a health reason to why you need to eat so few calories? I am 5'6 weigh 126lbs and wear a size 6/7 pants also!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    EDIT: your profile says you want to lose THIRTY FIVE pounds?? WTF?

By "doctor" do you mean "pimp"?
  • sepulchura
    sepulchura Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It's true my DR prefers skinny girls. I don't "need" to. BUT my boyfriend, also a DR, says I should....and when he saw me last month when he came down to FL....he said I could lose some.
    I spent the entire time INSIDE THE CONDO IN GORGEOUS BONITA versus being out on the beach because I was self-conscious. Not good! It's insane. I need to be better!

This is your response to another thread as to why you want to lose weight.

I am one inch taller than you and wear a 6...I weigh 153lbs...you have no need to lose 35lbs...per your profile.

If your doctor and your BF who is a doctor think you do it's time to find a new Dr and BF...

At your height being 120lbs puts you at a very low weight...esp using 800 calories...I can't believe a doctor would suggest that...they need to give their head a shake...

There is possibly something wrong with your boyfriend and doctor. That's my polite reply because you seem nice and I don't want to upset you. In any case, what I really would like to say would be more directed at your boyfriend. But as with many things, not sure I have 100% of the story so my first sentence is probably a better summation from your Fitness Pal Michael, for the time being. Hope you make good choices.
  • sak20011
    sak20011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Okay, time to take care of yourself.

1) dump the boyfriend
    2) dump the doctor
    3) get on a scale (and even better fat percentage) so at least you can understand if you are overweight, underweight or probably, just right.
    4) come back here and find some support for your new goals (get in shape, lose/maintain/, whatever).

any "boyfriend" or "doctor" who encourages unhealthy weight loss through extreme calorie deprivation and drugs is not taking your best interests to heart.You should be with someone who loves you and supports you in being healthy and strong.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever been to see their doctor when they didn't weigh you? And this is for non-obesity/weight loss visits. I can't imagine a doctor prescribing this approach without having weighed the patient. Something isn't adding up here at all.

Regardless of what I'm there for, this is the first thing they do.

I don't know how to answer the OP because I just don't have words.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Omg size 6-8? I'd LOVE to be that size. I'm 5'6" and size 8-10 and my BMI is around 24% so if I'm not considered overweight, neither are you! Your doctor's suggestion of 800-1,200 calories is too low. As others have mentioned, this is the recommendation for someone who needs to lose 50+ lbs. Aim for 1,200-1,500. Find out your TDEE and subtract 500 off of that to create a 3,500 calorie per week deficit (1 lb).
  • wampahoofus
    wampahoofus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    From your information, you are a healthy weight. I am puzzled by these extreme actions. Your profile says you want to lose 35 lbs! That is crazy. You are about to starve yourself when you do not need to. Do not carry out this plan......
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Wowza - trade your Dr and your boyfriend in for a good therapist.
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever been to see their doctor when they didn't weigh you? And this is for non-obesity/weight loss visits. I can't imagine a doctor prescribing this approach without having weighed the patient. Something isn't adding up here at all.

The last time I went I was weighed and my chief complaint was an earache.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm in a 6 but prefer a 4, and want to tone up. When you begin to practice deception regarding aspects as trivial as dress size, age and so on, that means there's likely something wrong. I don't want to feel the least bit compelled to lie, I want to be proud of myself. I want my weight where I prefer it and to always look and feel awesome.

That's your profile info, which is actually a good goal to have. It's also a goal that starving yourself won't accomplish.

You want to "tone up" and get to a size 4? Then lift heavy things over and over again, and eat enough food to properly fuel your body and workouts.

And say hello to Staci:
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • mesicali_chica
    mesicali_chica Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    facepalm.gif

bump!
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    this is a fake post, right?

Is there some sort of prize for solving your riddle?
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    this is a fake post, right?

Is there some sort of prize for solving your riddle?

It must be and I'm not going to win any price :(

Her DR didn't weigh her & he likes skinning girls so she must do this for that reason lol
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Wow, Dr Oz?
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Wow, Dr Oz?

^^^^ this
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Wow!! At a size 6/8 your doc is telling you to go on an extreme diet??? BS

I didn't read the comments to this post, but this can't be serious!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    TROLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway:
  • skruttan44
    skruttan44 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    obviously before deciding to go on a weight loss plan, you need to weigh yourself.

while the doctors advice sounds "out there" I don't think anyone have enough information from the OP to give advice.

did you refuse to get weighed at the doctor's office?
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've already eaten 1200 today and I haven't even left work :drinker:
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I've already eaten 1200 today and I haven't even left work :drinker:

Me too!! :laugh: