home workout vs gym

2»

Replies

• BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    I used to be a gym rat but got fed up with fighting for dumbbells, machines and inconsiderate people. That's when, piece by piece, I started to accumulate a home gym in my garage. I now have a commercial quality gym with 130 lb dumbbells and weights in excess of 1000 lbs with almost every machine imaginable. Too bad that now that I've found P90X/Insanity all I use are my dumbbells & pullup tree. :laugh:
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    I used to belong to a gym, but between the membership cost, personal trainer costs, child care costs, waiting around for equipment (while the lunk heads are busy posing)and driving to and from them gym. Well I got fed up. One night while surfing channels I came across a P90X infomercial. So I decided to investigate before I bought it. Let me tell you, I liked what I saw and decided to give it a try. Haven't stepped back in a gym since (that was about 5 years ago) and don't plan on it either. I love what these home work out programs have done for me and my family (yes there are kid exercise programs too). All I have to say is thank you Beachbody.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I'm an on again off again gym member...I really like going to the gym...but like a few people on here I would like to slowly build my own gym in the basement. It's hard to work out at home because it takes more motivation, but it's way more convenient and in the end cheaper. Right now I'm a single step-mom so i don't have the opportunity to go to the gym, so I do Insanity in my basement...and let me tell you does that suck! it's so damn hard that I don't want to do it anymore, but I don't have a choice, it's freezing here, i have no cardio equipment, so the next best thing are the DVD's...I would definitely go to the gym if i had a choice.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    I'm an on again off again gym member...I really like going to the gym...but like a few people on here I would like to slowly build my own gym in the basement. It's hard to work out at home because it takes more motivation, but it's way more convenient and in the end cheaper. Right now I'm a single step-mom so i don't have the opportunity to go to the gym, so I do Insanity in my basement...and let me tell you does that suck! it's so damn hard that I don't want to do it anymore, but I don't have a choice, it's freezing here, i have no cardio equipment, so the next best thing are the DVD's...I would definitely go to the gym if i had a choice.

Maybe you should have started out with an easier program?
This discussion has been closed.