Water? I call BS

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    It's certainly never worked for me.

All drinking more water does is make me have to pee. So then I'm hungry and I have to pee.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    one glass of water doesn't stop me from being hungry. Certainly doesn't stop cravings for a particular food. But I have noticed that drinking water throughout the day helps reduce my appetite. If only for the reason that it's something else to focus on.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I usually find that drinking water makes me feel even more hungry, so I'm with you on this one.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    The water trick only works for me if I'm not actually hungry. If I'm bored or stressed,it can relieve the urge to eat something, but if I am really and truly hungry I've got to eat something!

+1

If I am hungry, I eat. However, water has helped me avoid overeating and eating because of stress and boredom.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

All drinking more water does is make me have to pee. So then I'm hungry and I have to pee.

QFT.

Being hungry and having to pee puts me in a grumpy mood.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Drinking water throughout a meal helps me to eat less because I will feel full sooner.

And thanks for the thread - reminded me to go fill my water bottle.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great another looney who thinks that his experience covers the entirety of the human race.

Is someone hungry and cranky?? Goodness- you should've just passed on the post, instead of blanketing it with your negative attitude.
  • AdventureManatee
    AdventureManatee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Many people haven't learned to differentiate between being thirsty and hungry. When they are really actually just thirsty, they have learned to think they are hungry. That is why it is helpful to first drink some water, because A LOT of the time for a LOT of people, they were just thirsty.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Omg not just me then. If i'm hungry i'm hungry and water does nothing for me. Sometimes makes me hungrier tbqh.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

:laugh: :drinker: Yep.

I find if I can keep hydrated like I should, I'm less likely to want to "graze".
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The point is that your body will not tell the difference between hunger and dehydration. SO you drink 8 oz water first then wait 15 minutes. If hunger sensation comes back then it mean your hunger.
    Wrong.

I know there's been some information going around that people who are perpetually dehydrated can mistake thirst for hunger but, trust me, most of us aren't dehydrated and can tell the difference. Don't make the mistake of thinking no one can tell the difference. That's not to say that trying a glass of water first isn't a good idea but if you've already been sipping on fluids all day long and you feel hungry, odds are that you're hungry. If your belly is grumbling, it's definitely not thirst, it's hunger.
  • RunnersLament
    RunnersLament Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I drink water and very little else.
    I know the exact calorie count of water.
    It doesn't have aspartame or fat.
    Its low in sodium.
    It doesn't contain any artificial flavoring or colors.

If I didn't drink water... I'd probably drink something else.
    If I drank something else, it might contain something that isn't as healthy or as satisfying and could lead to cravings.
    Hmmm... water???

Sometimes its not what you drink, but what you aren't drinking because of it.

But to each their own...

Best part of water... It's usually free. And when I go to restaurant... it means I'm not paying $3 for something that is largely what... oh yeah... water. Ok so I'm also cheap. :)
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm with you! However, if that water is hot and filtered over ground coffee beans with some cream....it does do the job :drinker:
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Water is great, but like you, it doesn't always calm hunger for me either. The whole hunger could be thirst disguised is true on the weekends when I don't drink as much water, but during the week I"m not dehydrated. Food works for me too...or telling my stomach to shut up cause I just fed it :happy:
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    I drink water and very little else.
    I know the exact calorie count of water.
    It doesn't have aspartame or fat.
    Its low in sodium.
    It doesn't contain any artificial flavoring or colors.

If I didn't drink water... I'd probably drink something else.
    If I drank something else, it might contain something that isn't as healthy or as satisfying and could lead to cravings.
    Hmmm... water???

Sometimes its not what you drink, but what you aren't drinking because of it.

But to each their own...

Best part of water... It's usually free. And when I go to restaurant... it means I'm not paying $3 for something that is largely what... oh yeah... water. Ok so I'm also cheap. :)

tumblr_inline_mrfzv24szE1qz4rgp.gif
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Don't you boil pasta, spaghetti, and macaroni in water?
    Isn't there water in pancake batter, cake mixes, and slurpees?
    What's the problem???
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options

QFT.

Being hungry and having to pee puts me in a grumpy mood.

^^ all of this.
  • One_Last_Time
    Options
    I agree with you OP. I can chug water till I vomit and still be hungry. The only thing that keep me from overeating is staying to busy to snack. Also not bringing money or my card while i'm out.
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    Agree!!! When I'm hungry and craving chocolate chip cookies...a glass of water just doesn't cut it:wink:

Maybe water to wash down the cookies!
  • Pictureclepto
    Pictureclepto Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For me, if I'm feeling peckish maybe wanting something with a little flavor, a glass of water with a little MiO flavor added or iced tea with Splenda, will help satisfy that craving as opposed to going and munching on food I didn't really want in the first place.