Favorite Type of Exercise and Why?

Options
Hey all, I´m interested in hearing what your favorite types of exercises are and what you love about them. Looking to try some new workouts to spice things up. Feel free to share!! :drinker:

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting 100% favorite lift: Deadlift

I love feeling like a badass and seeing improvements in my muscle tone and body composition. Wouldn't trade it for any other exercise, ever.
  • marchellaz
    marchellaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Zumba with a class. Its like a party and everybody is messing up so no one cares.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    circuit training or swimming or HIIT or HIIT swimming - most results in the quickest amount of time.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

I love feeling like a badass and seeing improvements in my muscle tone and body composition. Wouldn't trade it for any other exercise, ever.

^best lift!

2nd would be pull ups

-tackling tons of muscle groups at once is BAD@$$
  • rhoshambeau
    rhoshambeau Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Boxing, because hitting stuff is fun
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Martial arts (specifically: Brazilian Jiujitsu). It's the perfect combination of high intensity (sparring) and low intensity (technique practice), it's quite social, it is practical and useful, and it makes me more coordinated and conscious of what my body parts are doing.
  • GunterRose
    GunterRose Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Walking my dog. I've my favorite part of the day. It's not the best toning/calories wise, but it relaxes me and is easy for me to do. :)
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Martial arts (specifically: Brazilian Jiujitsu). It's the perfect combination of high intensity (sparring) and low intensity (technique practice), it's quite social, it is practical and useful, and it makes me more coordinated and conscious of what my body parts are doing.

this is a really really good one - it will absolutely drain you even the most fit person in only a few mins as well... especially jiujitsu
  • beleeLafter
    Options
    Kickboxing is my fave. Great workout full of sweat, aggression, and waking me up!
  • live2run95
    live2run95 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    It is way too hard for me to only pick one because I am kind of a wokroutaholic. Running most definitely is a big one of my favorites because you feel so amazing afterwards. I would also say though kickboxing is one of my favorites because it makes me feel powerful and strong. Weight lifting and circuit training though are also really great. Basically anything that will result in me being in a puddle of sweat and having mixed feelings afterwards of wanting to pass over and sleep for hours and wanting to do it all over again!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Burpees...

said no one ever.

In all seriousness, I get the best exercise rush (endorphines, yay) from high intensity cardio. None specifically. Just any high intensity.
  • apple_22over7
    Options
    Running. I love the endorphins I get after a run, and it feeds into my competitive side too with races, which is a bonus.
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

^this, but right now squats are my favorite!
    Try all the new things and whatever you enjoy enough to stick with will be the best! I always went the cardio route, thought you "had" to. Zumba, jazzercise, dvd's etc, while fun, were just not doing it for me. And running, no thanks, not for me.
    Did some reading and research and the first time I lifted heavy was my ah ha moment! Loved that badass feeling and the endorphins, and the rush, and the power and it was love at first lift! I supplement with HIIT workouts for 30 minutes 2-3x per week.
  • skyeny
    skyeny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sleeping... 400 cal in 8 hrs...

Lifting weights is my favorite, because I don't get bored.
  • catmurray2
    catmurray2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys!! Thanks for the info, you guys rock!! :flowerforyou:
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Cycling and running. Both get me outside, and they can be strenuous if I want and relatively easy when I need a break from intense workouts.

Cycling is also just a lot of fun. I get to explore the surrounding area just by riding out of my driveway, and I live in an area with lots of hills that offer a challenge going up and then a thrill riding down, especially on twisty gravel roads; it's like a roller coaster without all the safety equipment.
  • shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am currently in love with T25 - I guess that is considered HIIT? I just love that it's only 25 minutes but it kicks my bootie and I can easily get it in before I have to do anything else each day so I am sure to get it done.

I just started C25K and I am enjoying that also. I can see myself someday really enjoying running which says a lot because before starting this program I NEVER ran, the last time I ran was in high school gym class in 10th grade so about 20 years ago!
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting especially the deadlift, it makes me want to go RAAWWWRRR!!!!! I love pull ups too just because I used to suck so badly at them and now I don't. I love my crossfit workouts as well just because they are great for cardio, I sweat like a pig and they are always different and challenging.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells.

I can't get to the gym to lift.
    House is too small and old for me to lift here.

I can get my cardio and some strength in at the same time this way.
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Burpees...

said no one ever

In all seriousness, I get the best exercise rush (endorphines, yay) from high intensity cardio. None specifically. Just any high intensity.

:laugh: