Favorite Type of Exercise and Why?

Options

Replies

• looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am loving the workouts on FitnessBlender.com

Did a low-impact hiit today, 10 exercises, 50 secs on/10secs off, 3 rounds. Was dripping halfway through.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Weights or circuit training. As long as there is some rock playing, I am in \m/!!!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting 100% favorite lift: Deadlift

I love feeling like a badass and seeing improvements in my muscle tone and body composition. Wouldn't trade it for any other exercise, ever.

SAME! :drinker:
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Right now my favorite workout is Zumba. I sweat like crazy, it is so much fun, burns tons of calories and I can feel it in my legs.

The weird thing is I absolutely love lifting, but I am not a part of a gym and lift dumbbells at home. My motivation is not all that there when doing it at home vs if I was in a gym. Not sure why that is. Hopefully I can change my attitude about that around. It feels great after doing squats and deadlifts.

Tonight I did step aerobics for the first time and I think that my become a regular workout for me too. It was KILLER!!
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Swimming, because it's damn hot here !
    Second choice. Golfing.
    Third. Lifting small weights for my arms.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights, cos it makes me feel like a real badass - its also produced the biggest changes in my body to date.
  • TheVevina
    TheVevina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing- I feel like a badass punching and kicking stuff
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    in for deadlift! because i'm good at it and i feel like a lady beast when i do it
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Sex, for obvious reasons.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Roller blading as it gets me outside and is fun and you burn a lot of calories. Weightlifting, preferably squats and running with my dogs.
    Stef.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Jazzercise the only one hour total body workout around. First 40 minutes dance aerobics, last 20 minutes, weights, bands, balls, floor exercises to work all of the problem spots. And it's FUN, everyone very friendly, a great way to make new friends, and that one hour just flys by. It works too.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Running because I feel so light-
    Swimming because I am almost flying-
    Biking because I go farther-

Lifting because I feel strong
    Yoga because my body feels the best- I somehow feel as if my body fits me better!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I like working the circuit at Planet Fitness. Yeah, I know people says it's not a "real gym," but that's BS. The circuit is awesome! I love that even if I don't do anything else that day as far as exercise goes, I've combined strength training with cardio in a HIIT fashion. Perfection in 26 minutes.
  • hrishig
    hrishig Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Walking .. plane simple & effective
  • bolesbe
    bolesbe Posts: 212
    Options
    Lifting. Feels good
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Walking my dog. I've my favorite part of the day. It's not the best toning/calories wise, but it relaxes me and is easy for me to do. :)

Haha - Until tonight, I might have said walking my dog. He wanted to play with a dog walking past us and that dog wanted to snack on him. I need to teach him the difference so he will shut-the-heck-up and not get us eaten before that is number one on the list again. For now,:laugh: I'd have to say my stationary bike while watching TV. When The Doctor says, "Run!", I take that to mean 'Pedal faster!'
  • meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing and kettlebells for this lady. They both make me feel fierce and give me great results.
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1.) Running. It gets me outdoors, clears my head, and I always feel great afterwards. I like that I can measure my progress easily, and it feels amazing every time a set a new personal best. Plus, running is completely free (minus the occasional cost of new shoes), and I can do it anytime.

2.) Dance class. I've loved dancing since I took my first class at age 3. For me, it's less about the exercise (though it can be quite a workout!), and more about the feeling I get when I'm in the studio.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    Kettle bell training, swimming, zumba, biking, cardio machines, kickboxing, running, everything except for golf.
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the best....600 calories or more burned in an hour and you don't even feel like you are exercising it's awesome!