Options
    I have an amazing recipie for garlic chicken

4 skinned chicken breast
    1 t of salt
    2 t of paprika
    2 t of lemon pepper
    1 lg onion sliced
    10 cloves garlic unpleeled

mix together salt pepper and paprika, rub all over meat side of chicken place garlic adn onion on chicken in crock pot cover and cook on low for about 6 hrs or until juices run clear. serves 4
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh don't toy with me! I LOVE garlic and chicken!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Oh don't toy with me! I LOVE garlic and chicken!
    ITS REALLY YUMMY AND HEALTHY... ww puts it at 3 pts.... lol.... I also for extra moistness pour a can of chicken broth in but the recipie don't call for it....
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    CROCK POT CABBAGE ROLLS
    12 large cabbage leaves
    1 pound lean ground beef or lamb
    1/2 cup cooked rice
    1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
    3/4 cup water
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. pepper
    1/4 tsp. leaf thyme
    1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Wash cabbage leaves. Boil 4 cups water. Turn off heat. Soak leaves in water for 5 minutes. Remove, drain and cool. Combine ground meat; rice, salt, pepper, thyme, nutmeg and cinnamon. Place 2 tablespoons meat mixture on each leaf and roll firmly. Stack in electric slow cooker. Combine tomato paste and water; pour over stuffed cabbage. Cover. Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
    these sound awesome can I use turkey??? and heres a lil tipperoo I learned from a coworker freeze the cabbge and when it thaws it will be ready for rolling(as opposed to boling)
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i am not sure if I remember this well but take a container of the fat free low sugar or no sugar caramel sauce for ice cream, cut up a couple peeled apples toss in some cinnamon and water and cook it for like 5 or so hours till the apples are soft serve it over fat free sugar free ice cream. I have not yet tried it but I read it in Fitness magazine the recipe may be on their website
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Have you ever cooked a chicken in the crock pot? I just put in a whole chicken some carrots , baby potatoes and add green beans at the end. My market sells seasoned whole chickens but yyou can season it with whatever you like. Add some broth to keep it moist. It is so tender and delicious! :smile:
    I cook a whole chicken with 1/4 cup of liquid smoke(you can get at the grocery store with the hot sauces. marinades, etc) on low for 6 hours (???). That's it nothing else, no salt, pepper, nothing. It tastes like smoked chicken. It is so tender it literally falls off the bones. Sometimes I take all the shredded pieces and mix in a little BBQ sauce and eat on whole wheat bread, rolls or buns. It's really good.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    [
    I cook a whole chicken with 1/4 cup of liquid smoke

I love liquid smoke.... never in a million years thought I could use 1/4 cup of it at one time!!! We just put a couple drops on our hamburgers. I'm going to try this!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh wow!!! I'm saving these recipes thanks so much and keep em coming!!!!!

hugs and :tongue:
    ali
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I like that idea. I think pasta can be rather blah....so that would be a great way to make it. Anyway to make it smaller? Or can you get specific measurments so I can shrink it for my family size?

Thanks!

I have a family of 5, so these are my proportions.

Saute one green pepper, one onion, 8 oz. package sliced mushrooms, one shredded carrot. Remove from pan and add 1 lb ground turkey and cook until done. Drain and add to a crock pot that has had 2 cans of spaghetti sauce (like Hunt's 32 oz(?)). Cook for a few hours, then add a 32 oz can V* (I bet spicy would be yummy!) and 3/4 box spaghetti, broken up. Cook until pasta is tender, about 30-60 minutes. You get a good amount of pasta, but it reheats really well and of course, gets better with time.

Honestly, I don't use recipes except for baking when I cook, so I hope these amounts work. Hope you like it!
  • mkeithley
    Options
    [

I love liquid smoke.... never in a million years thought I could use 1/4 cup of it at one time!!! We just put a couple drops on our hamburgers. I'm going to try this!
    Depending on the size of your bird, you might want to scale it back for a smaller one, as the liquid smoke is a bit salty sometimes. I highly recommend the BBQ sauce idea:laugh:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    [

Depending on the size of your bird, you might want to scale it back for a smaller one, as the liquid smoke is a bit salty sometimes. I highly recommend the BBQ sauce idea:laugh:
    What about adding the liquid smoke to a tad of water or broth in the bottom and letting it "steam" through the chicken??? Would that work to give it the smoky flavor without it being too salty?
  • mkeithley
    Options
    The steam from the crock pot and the juices from the chicken adds enough water, I probably wouldn't add more H2O, maybe just cut back th eliquid smoke, most of the "saltiness" is in the skin though, and I never eat the skin anyway:wink:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    CROCK POT CABBAGE ROLLS
    12 large cabbage leaves
    1 pound lean ground beef or lamb
    1/2 cup cooked rice
    1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
    3/4 cup water
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. pepper
    1/4 tsp. leaf thyme
    1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Wash cabbage leaves. Boil 4 cups water. Turn off heat. Soak leaves in water for 5 minutes. Remove, drain and cool. Combine ground meat; rice, salt, pepper, thyme, nutmeg and cinnamon. Place 2 tablespoons meat mixture on each leaf and roll firmly. Stack in electric slow cooker. Combine tomato paste and water; pour over stuffed cabbage. Cover. Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
    these sound awesome can I use turkey??? and heres a lil tipperoo I learned from a coworker freeze the cabbge and when it thaws it will be ready for rolling(as opposed to boling)

Yes you can definately use turkey
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    See this is a great source!
    Keep the recipes coming!
    Thanks to everyone one who has already given us some!
  • lilmandy89
    Options
    Layered Vegetarian Crockpot Dinner

6 potatoes -- sliced
    1 large onion -- sliced
    2 carrots -- sliced
    1 green pepper -- sliced
    1 zucchini -- sliced
    1 cup corn -- frozen or fresh
    1 cup peas -- frozen or fresh
    Any other favorite veggies

Sauce

2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
    1/4 cup Tamari soy sauce -- low-sodium
    1 teaspoon thyme -- ground
    1 teaspoon dry mustard
    1 teaspoon basil
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon sage
    2 tablespoons parsley

Layer vegetables in crock pot in order given. Mix together ingredients for sauce and pour over vegetables. Cook six hours on high or 12 hours on low.
  • lilmandy89
    Options
    Orange Glazed Chicken

1 (6-oz) frozen orange juice concentrate
    1/2 tsp dried marjoram leaves
    6 Tbs orange marmalade or jam
    2 tbs cornstarch
    6 (6-oz) chicken breast halves
    1/4 cup water

Combine thawed orange juice and marjoram in shallow dish. Dip each breast in orange juice mixture, put in the crock pot, pour remaining sauce over breasts. Spread marmalade over breasts evenly. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Before serving, remove orange sauce from crock pot. Mix water and cornstarch in the sauce mixture; cook in a pan for about 15-30 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve over chicken. Serves 6.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

I make this , slightly different but just about the same recipe, with ground turkey. Just as tasty!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Still looking for more great ideas! Also, anyone have healthy camping meals?
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I thought S'mores were healthy. Somewhere in some universe they have gotta be!!!!!!! Are you doing the real camping thing as in over a fire, or the kinda camping thing where you are cooking out of the winnebago in a/c?
    Always, grilled chicken, turkey burgers, turkey bacon or canadian. Tomato/cucumber salad tossed in Italian dressing. Fave type of Kabobs. Easy to do over a fire. Pre-chop the meat and veggies, wrap on ice and go. Any lean meat will work. Wrap sweet potatoes and pop them in the fire. Grilled veg's too. No real dessert options.