17 Day Diet - Starting Soon

Options
124»

Replies

• D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    or just eat at a healthy deficit - starting now.

Agreed this!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-26958-1385050742-12.gif
  • beautifulwarrior18
    Options
    tumblr_ml0ziiWBFf1rhxg1ko6_400.gif
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Coworker did it. She lasted 10 days I think? Lost about 5 lbs and then got bored and gave up. She tried to talk me into joining her on the 17 Day Diet. I told her I'd stick with MFP. Oh and the 5 she lost? She gained back + more. I have no clue what fad diet she is doing now. I tried to get her to try MFP, refuses to. :ohwell:
  • beautifulwarrior18
    Options
    I'm not a woman, but I'd recommend the ladies start at day 18 because I'm sure the first 17 are 100% nonsense.

I am a woman and he speaks the truth.

Maybe do some research.. Day 18 starts cycle 2 of the diet.. and you alternate between cycle 1 and 2. It's much more confusing, but you get oatmeal and pork chops!!

Oh OP: make sure you eat a lot of protein and veggies in cycle one! The suggested meal plan is not enough food, good choices, but you need to eat more then what is suggested. :) (i'm assuming you are looking at the original book not the breakthrough edition, which I know nothing about)

Ohhh!!! Pork Chops and Oatmeal!!! You're like my dog. What a treat. I get to eat pork chops whenever I want, I eat 2000 calories a day and guess what, I'm still losing weight. In fact in March I lost a total of 5 inches off my entire body. No fad diet!

That was really uncalled for and childish.

You don't have to like it. I'm glad you can eat whatever you want and lose weight. Good for you. I'm happy with my choices and how I choose to lose weight. I think it's working quite well thank you. 5 inches?? Go you! That's awesome :) I've went from a size 22 to a 12 in a year, that's quite a lot of inches i'd imagine. Eating anywhere between 1400-2000 calories following this diet. So.. what was your point again? Or was it just to put out a feeble attempt at an insult and to pat yourself on the back? Losing 14 pounds is great :) However you did it. Your way doesn't work for everyone.

Terrapin: Yea.. some of what he says it's a bit wonky. But i don't care. It works. All that matters to me is that it works for me. I don't care about the how or the why. Different strokes for different folks. I don't advocate many "diets", this one really works, if you do it right.

My point is you don't need to buy into some idiots quick get to fame book by promising that by following his plan you'll lose weight. You just need to do the math. And don't feed me the BS about how everyone's body is different. If you have no medical issues such as thyroid problems and you eat at a defecit you're going to lose weight. No questions about it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    or just eat at a healthy deficit - starting now.

^^ this :)
  • TiredMom12
    TiredMom12 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've done this diet and had great results. Due to family issues and such, let myself go with my diet and exercise. Now back on track and starting on the 17 day diet Monday with my husband. Need to loose at least 20, but would like 25. I know this works for me. Good luck!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'm not a woman, but I'd recommend the ladies start at day 18 because I'm sure the first 17 are 100% nonsense.

I am a woman and he speaks the truth.

Maybe do some research.. Day 18 starts cycle 2 of the diet.. and you alternate between cycle 1 and 2. It's much more confusing, but you get oatmeal and pork chops!!

Oh OP: make sure you eat a lot of protein and veggies in cycle one! The suggested meal plan is not enough food, good choices, but you need to eat more then what is suggested. :) (i'm assuming you are looking at the original book not the breakthrough edition, which I know nothing about)

Ohhh!!! Pork Chops and Oatmeal!!! You're like my dog. What a treat. I get to eat pork chops whenever I want, I eat 2000 calories a day and guess what, I'm still losing weight. In fact in March I lost a total of 5 inches off my entire body. No fad diet!

That was really uncalled for and childish.

You don't have to like it. I'm glad you can eat whatever you want and lose weight. Good for you. I'm happy with my choices and how I choose to lose weight. I think it's working quite well thank you. 5 inches?? Go you! That's awesome :) I've went from a size 22 to a 12 in a year, that's quite a lot of inches i'd imagine. Eating anywhere between 1400-2000 calories following this diet. So.. what was your point again? Or was it just to put out a feeble attempt at an insult and to pat yourself on the back? Losing 14 pounds is great :) However you did it. Your way doesn't work for everyone.

Terrapin: Yea.. some of what he says it's a bit wonky. But i don't care. It works. All that matters to me is that it works for me. I don't care about the how or the why. Different strokes for different folks. I don't advocate many "diets", this one really works, if you do it right.

My point is you don't need to buy into some idiots quick get to fame book by promising that by following his plan you'll lose weight. You just need to do the math. And don't feed me the BS about how everyone's body is different. If you have no medical issues such as thyroid problems and you eat at a defecit you're going to lose weight. No questions about it.

Nope.. it's calories in calorie out. Everyone's body is different, however that has little to do with eating healthy. Everyone's mindset and abilities are different. If everyone could just eat healthy and at deficit without a problem, there would be no diet industry at all.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If you wanna join me in the "rest of your life" diet, I can help! You don't have to give anything up, you just have to eat things in moderation. It's great!