Replies

• MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Loved this!!!
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I saw that too! I've never cared for Dr. Oz (or Dr. Phil, for that matter, either!)
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    That was fantastic!! Definitely need to share this.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bump
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    great!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    bump :drinker:
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Can we ask that the mods make it a rule that anyone who promotes his stuff on the site be banned?
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I loved this segment by John Oliver. Really funny.

I know everyone wants to be mad at Dr. Oz, but he is just exploiting a multi-billion dollar snake-oil industry using his credentials. Doctors have done worse.

Instead we should all be outraged at the fact that so many people are spending their money based on the advice of one of Oprah's guys.

Don't get mad at the snake-oil salesman because you were dumb enough to buy snake oil.

Again, John Oliver's segment was hilarious! "Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain"
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I do agree with you Jeff, but I also need to remind myself of what average intelligence level of the human race actually is. In most cases we regulate industry to protect the gullible and less intelligent folks.

Where we see a product that is being touted as a 'miracle fat burner' without any scientific evidence we get the alarm bells going off in our brain that says we should either disregard, or perhaps research further ourselves. For a LOT of people, they see an authority figure promoting something, and their alarms are... non-functional, and they just hand over their hard-earned.
  • Debssssssssss
    Debssssssssss Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Every single time I've flicked over to Dr Oz he's going on about some amazing weightloss potion or pill. It's a joke.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Mehmet? ~meh~
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This was great! Thanks for sharing! (I didn't know John Oliver had a new show, either - double thanks for that!)