What is your favorite food

Options

Replies

• tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    alcohol is my favorite nonhealthy food that I had to cut way back on

I like you.

What is your favorite healthy food that you eat all the time?: Probably eggs...or taco salad recently.

What is your favorite food that you reserve only as a special treat? Buffalo Chicken Wings (not breaded - never got-damn breaded. A breaded chicken wing is a sin against nature. WTF the delicious skin gets crispy on it's own it does not need a crisping agent...yes I am passionate about this) . Hotter the better.

What food did you have to completely give up? Nothing really - Cheddar Jalapeno Cheetos & Sour Cream And Onion Chips got cut out a significant amount though.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    oh you mean before :noway:

No, after dieting. My diet includes chocolate every day. Chocolate is healthy. It’s got antioxidants, iron and fiber.
    Where is chocolate derived from? Cocoa beans – did you hear that – beans. Beans the magical fruit. Beans are a healthy source of protein. Beans burn belly fat.

"At no other time has Nature concentrated such a wealth of valuable nourishment into such a small space as in the cocoa bean." ~Alexander von Humboldt 1769-1859

I love chocolate, too!

But, I'm pretty sure beans don't burn belly fat. :indifferent:
  • PRMinx
    Options
    alcohol is my favorite nonhealthy food that I had to cut way back on

I like you.

What is your favorite healthy food that you eat all the time?: Probably eggs...or taco salad recently.

What is your favorite food that you reserve only as a special treat? Buffalo Chicken Wings (not breaded - never got-damn breaded. A breaded chicken wing is a sin against nature. WTF the delicious skin gets crispy on it's own it does not need a crisping agent...yes I am passionate about this) . Hotter the better.

What food did you have to completely give up? Nothing really - Cheddar Jalapeno Cheetos & Sour Cream And Onion Chips got cut out a significant amount though.

WINGS! They call to me.

Fun fact, my first job was touring the Frank's RedHot Battle to the Bone Wing Eating Competition around the country. Wings are like, part of my soul.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sushi, Ice Cream, Avocado, and PEANUT BUTTER.

Does Salt count? I feel like I can't live without salt.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

Fun fact, my first job was touring the Frank's RedHot Battle to the Bone Wing Eating Competition around the country. Wings are like, part of my soul.

Whoa...puhretty jealous!
  • PRMinx
    Options

Whoa...puhretty jealous!

Hahaha. Oh my early days in public relations. It was fun until I had to clean up the mess. And they made me wear a shirt that said Red Hot on the front and Lover on the back. Awesome at the college bar scene :laugh:
  • foxsylph
    foxsylph Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Favourite food that I eat regularly: I'd go with prawns/shrimp (or really any crustacean) or tomato <3
    Favourite 'treat' food: Chinese takeout or cinema nachos (I eat these very infrequently now, on special occasions I can still make space for them)
    Food I've had to completely give up: I don't believe any food needs to be completely given up to lose weight, but I simply adore pickled jalapeno peppers and I can no longer eat them for health reasons.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Fav "healthy" food: Blackened salmon and asparagus
    Fav not-as-healthy food: Pizza (I could eat pizza every single day and never tire of it. For real.)
    Fav sweet: gummy bears or frozen yogurt
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    ICE CREAM!

preferably soft serve, but i'll take it any way i can get it :D
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

No, after dieting. My diet includes chocolate every day. Chocolate is healthy. It’s got antioxidants, iron and fiber.
    Where is chocolate derived from? Cocoa beans – did you hear that – beans. Beans the magical fruit. Beans are a healthy source of protein. Beans burn belly fat.

"At no other time has Nature concentrated such a wealth of valuable nourishment into such a small space as in the cocoa bean." ~Alexander von Humboldt 1769-1859

I love chocolate, too!

I Googled beans burn belly fat - whoops. I hope I didn't get this from Dr. Oz. But as I looked further down the page there seemed to be more reliable sources agreeing. Unfortunately I have not searched for scientific studies on "burning belly fat". I just know the nutritional content of beans are high.
  • PRMinx
    Options

I love chocolate, too!

I Googled beans burn belly fat - whoops. I hope I didn't get this from Dr. Oz. But as I looked further down the page there seemed to be more reliable sources agreeing. Unfortunately I have not searched for scientific studies on "burning belly fat". I just know the nutritional content of beans are high.

Nutritional content is a good thing, but that's not fat burning.

The only thing that burns fat is eating at a deficit, through diet and exercise.

Also, you can't spot reduce.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Favorite healthy food would be grilled mahi mahi over wilted greens. So yummy! Cheese too! Iove cheese!

Treat is usually Beer. I cut back on it. I like Stella!!

Um I don't have breads or pasta ever. They make me feel terrible. The trusty ole Dr. claims I have issues with blood sugar so I've cut those and some other starchy things out of my diet.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite healthy food that you eat all the time? cottage cheese at the moment, with fruit mixed in
    What is your favorite food that you reserve only as a special treat? bread - regular sandwich bread just isn't worth it and specialty breads are expensive so we have them rarely.
    What food did you have to completely give up? I haven't given up anything completely
  • enjolrasbarricade
    Options
    What is your favorite healthy food that you eat all the time? I eat shrimp or shark meat.
    What is your favorite food that you reserve only as a special treat? Teurgoule(rice pudding). My mom makes wicked Teurgoule.
    What food did you have to completely give up? Anything sweet and pasta.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite healthy food that you eat all the time?
    What is your favorite food that you reserve only as a special treat?
    What food did you have to completely give up?

Is bacon healthy? If so, bacon. If not, turkey "bacon"
    Cheesecake
    Bananas. One day, I had one and my lips started to swell. After a brief period of enjoying my bigger lips (without a plastic surgeon!), I decided it was time to give them up.
  • caroncarlson
    caroncarlson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    1. Any seasonal fruit, like strawberries
    2. Dairy Queen Blizzards
    3. McDonald's quarter pounder w/ cheese...
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Favourite healthy food: Omlettes - I only learnt to cook them when losing weight and now I eat them all the time!
    Treats: Beer, beer and more beer
    Cut-out: I had to quit eating pasta as I just couldn't get my head round the fact that a sensible portion is so, so tiny it just wasn't worth teasing myself with it.
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite healthy food that you eat all the time? I eat shrimp or shark meat.

Tell me more. Where are you from? Does shark meat taste like chicken?
  • LilMissRaptr
    LilMissRaptr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Healthy Favorite: Sushi/Sashimi any kind of fresh fish!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxDQJnjjvLySCpC9PhqaV8YEnoUVFg6yPHx3l9t9U31HO-xeNB

Special Treat: If I feel like being "bad" bacon cheeseburger with grilled onions and guacamole!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh-W-JZ-3FgLb0Jzl1ZgH_Tqe12wyMEahlw9dkNAevWyxQW8S_vA

Had to Give up: Ranch Dressing, I like it on everything, I gave up traditional ranch but found a substitute that is SUPER low calorie. I just use powder hidden valley ranch mix and put in into Fage greek yogurt. It makes a slightly tangier delicious ranch!
    tumblr_leheodobgm1qg25kqo1_400.jpg
  • KCBrue1
    KCBrue1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love potatoes. I mean, I REALLY REALLY love potatoes. Someone once told me they didn't like potatoes because when they were a kid they had them on the side with everything they ate. I suddenly remembered I did too, and that I was hungry at that moment and needed potatoes.

I think my naughty list would be fried foods, vegan nuggets, and tortillas. I could eat a whole 50 pack of tortillas. Sensibly, I would fry them first.

I am on a "raw untill 4" diet, but somehow I don't feel like I'm restricting myself. I have been lacto/ovo for 9 years or so and it doesn't seem like much of a change. (Except no fry-bread for breakfast)... :D