Am I the Only One Who Hated Frozen?

Options

Replies

• eepeoples
    eepeoples Posts: 7
    Options
    Yes. It's just you.

No, seriously, I think it's getting too much credit myself. But I did like one gag in it. "The Duke of Weaseltown" [ahem... "Weyselton"] was hilarious.
  • wendyking1979
    wendyking1979 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It's mediocre at best. I was bored to tears.
  • lovemyspecialks
    lovemyspecialks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Honestly it isn't my favorite, I like some of the songs, but the movie seemed short...not enough of a story line and left me asking questions.... my daughter who is 2.5 likes the songs and my two other son's 7 and almost 4 were not impressed. My husband fell asleep watching it lol.
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I don't like it either! I was VERY disappointed. I can easily say this is my least favorite disney movie. I did like the part about the funky looking donkey and the reindeer, but that was it.
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It was meh.

It was nothing in comparison to the greats of yesterday for sure. Bad? No... but not great.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I didn't hate the movie, but could NOT see what all the fuss was about. It's a pretty standard Disney flick. Nothing to get all excited about. Took my 8 year old son to see it, well he was 7 at the time. And he enjoyed the outing, laughed at age appropriate silliness, and asked where we were going to eat dinner when the show was over. Didn't leave a big impression. Will not rent/buy the movie to have at home.
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I found it boring. Switched it off about 20 minutes in.
  • cheekym7
    cheekym7 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I couldn't make it through the movie. Was not at all impressed.
  • Countryslove
    Options
    I haven't seen it yet but my nephew absolutely refuses to watch it lol
  • kemval74
    kemval74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes. You are, in fact, the only one.

This ^^^^ :laugh:
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I loved Toy Story, Up, Finding Nemo, etc. but I have ZERO desire to see Frozen, it looks SO boring!
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    As a HUGE Disney fan, I thought it was okay, but not up to all the hype about it. Let It Go is a good song, but mostly because Idina Menzel could sing anything and make it sound fantastic(and for anyone who had never heard of her before this movie, please go look up Wicked) Otherwise, very disappointing for a Princess movie.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Yes. You are, in fact, the only one.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I only watched half. I did not like.
    I hate cartoons.

Except Beauty and the Beast.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I dunno...I have not seen the movie. However, I think you may be onto something regarding the music. I agree the music is HORRIBLE. I actually borrowed the DVD from a family member and fully intended to watch the movie, but then I heard parts of the soundtrack including "Let it Go" and I was just floored -- I was like "This?! This song!?" because it was just so wretched and I can't believe people are into it. I'd heard it around in stores and such, and took it for another crappy pop or country-tinged song of horrible quality. The last time that happened to me it was the Lorde song "Royals" which I don't think is that bad, pretty decent for pop...but I sometimes am just shocked at the songs that gain mass popularity!

Anyway, after realizing how terrible the music was, I could not bring myself to watch the DVD.

(I'm a person who generally dislikes Disney and animated anything, didn't even like cartoons as a kid, but did enjoy several Pixar movies like Cars and Monsters Inc)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I only watched half. I did not like.
    I hate cartoons.

Except Beauty and the Beast.

lol. Then WHY did you watch any of it at all? Did you not know it was a cartoon? Just found this post hilarious.:laugh:
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I saw it after it was first released, before a lot of the hype.....felt the same as you op. Big disappointment for both the characters and the songs. The plot was alright but that was the only thing close to good I could offer about it. Someone needs to do a review of Rotten Tomatoes, it may be aptly named.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I believe I saw another post saying they have no desire to see it, same with me. One thing I don't get is how much people like that annoying song that won at the Oscars. But that's just me.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    My bf and I hated it. We're in your camp.